PDA

View Full Version : Ex Bills Stroud

CAbills
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Ex Bills DL signs 2 year deal with the Patriots according to Schefter. Interesting move

The King
03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
According to Schefter...

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

justasportsfan
03-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Pats are starting to get worried about the bills that they need to learn our playbook.

THRILLHO
03-01-2011, 11:13 AM
OMG what were we thinking when we released him@?@?!?!?!

Lol, you know its coming....

mrbojanglezs
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
he won't do much for them, he lost a couple steps, I'm not worried, time to move on

Mr. Miyagi
03-01-2011, 11:15 AM
****** Pats are always stealing.

I bet after he tells him everything he knows, he gets released before camp breaks.

bigbub2352
03-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Figures

Tatonka
03-01-2011, 11:32 AM
belichick has a history of getting the most out of older players. im sure he will help them in some capacity.

that to go along with their 2 first round, 2 second round, 2 third round, and 2 fourth round draft picks..

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 11:35 AM
belichick has a history of getting the most out of older players. im sure he will help them in some capacity.

that to go along with their 2 first round, 2 second round, 2 third round, and 2 fourth round draft picks..

He'll trade at least a few of those, its in his nature.

Ickybaluky
03-01-2011, 11:38 AM

They only have 1 4th. The other 4th, which came from Denver in the Lawrence Maroney trade, was sent to Seattle for Deion Branch.

PromoTheRobot
03-01-2011, 11:45 AM

"Meet our trainer, a good friend of Tedy Bruschi...Mr. H-G-H"

PTR

Tatonka
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
oh.. only one fourth.. now i feel better.. oh wait.. so they already got deon branch for it? damn it.

better days
03-01-2011, 12:04 PM
According to Schefter...

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

Another interesting tidbit, Nate Clements released by the 49ers.

CAbills
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Nate Clements one of the few Bills who leave for F.A. and see career decline.

BUFF Bills
03-01-2011, 12:18 PM
figures.

FlyingDutchman
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Stroud was a good guy I wish it worked out a little better

Nighthawk
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Nate Clements one of the few Bills who leave for F.A. and see career decline.

He's your classic example of a guy who couldn't handle making that much money...it went to his head and he stopped producing on the field.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-01-2011, 12:22 PM
He's your classic example of a guy who couldn't handle making that much money...it went to his head and he stopped producing on the field.

He actually had a good year in 2010 but of course never lived up to the contract

better days
03-01-2011, 12:29 PM
He actually had a good year in 2010 but of course never lived up to the contract

Hopefully he had an impact in the locker room. Bucs such as Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp & Rhonde Barber have credited Hardy Nickerson for helping turn that team around by his presence in the locker room even though he was on the team for only a short time.

PTI
03-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Pats are starting to get worried about the bills that they need to learn our playbook.

What? They toyed with the Bills in game 1 last year and exposed Fitz as the complete middle of the tier backup in game 2 and trounced the Bills easily.

better days
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
What? They toyed with the Bills in game 1 last year and exposed Fitz as the complete middle of the tier backup in game 2 and trounced the Bills easily.

How do you think the Pats* are able to do that? I will tell you how. They look for every edge & advantage they can get. They do not win because their players are the greatest in the league.

ServoBillieves
03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
Sam Aiken?

Prov401
03-01-2011, 12:55 PM
He'll probably make the pro bowl.

malvado78
03-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Your sarcasm detector broken today?

:stretcher

dasaybz
03-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Dumb move by the Pats. This guy is clearly finished.

X-Era
03-01-2011, 03:16 PM
They aren't getting as much as they used to get out of the vet signings but Stroud could end up playing better for them then he did for us. The supporting cast on the DL is better.

psubills62
03-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Maybe he'll step up his game with Wilfork at the nose, but I'm not terribly concerned about this. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not make the roster.

better days
03-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Maybe he'll step up his game with Wilfork at the nose, but I'm not terribly concerned about this. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not make the roster.

Nor would I be surprised if he gets cut............after he tells the Pats* everything he knows about the Bills.

X-Era
03-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Maybe he'll step up his game with Wilfork at the nose, but I'm not terribly concerned about this. Wouldn't be surprised to see him not make the roster.I guess I'm not either. It's just so typical of the Pats.

unpaid_bills
03-01-2011, 03:32 PM
****** Pats are always stealing.

I bet after he tells him everything he knows, he gets released before camp breaks.

What exactely will Stroud tell them that the Pats dont already know?

psubills62
03-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Nor would I be surprised if he gets cut............after he tells the Pats* everything he knows about the Bills.

True, however:

1) The Pats don't really need info on our defense. As Ingtar indicated, our blitzes were terribly obvious - even my wife knew when we were blitzing, and I'm still not sure she knows exactly what blitzing means.

2) I'm quite sure Stroud knows very little about any changes we might make with Wannstedt on staff.

3) I would hope that our team can eventually get to the point where we're good enough that foreknowledge can't prevent our success. Won't be this year, that's for sure, but someday I'd like to hear one of our opponents say "we know what they're doing, but they're so damn good at it that we can't stop them!"

Ickybaluky
03-01-2011, 03:46 PM
The Pats love to load up on veteran DL on the cheap in the offseason. It is kind of an insurance policy.

Last year they signed Gerard Warren and Damione Lewis. Warren ended up making the team as a reserve and then starting after Mike Wright got injured. Lewis was cut in camp.

I wouldn't read to much into this, and it doesn't effect their draft strategy. It is another veteran insurance policy. Nothing more.

Stroud used to be a very good player and is worth a shot to see if he has anything left. Granted, he did not play well last year and is not getting younger, but a lot of guys probably struggled in the Bills defense last year and he was battling a shoulder injury.

As for the idea they are trying to find out all the Bills' "Secrets", LOL.

DrGraves
03-01-2011, 04:10 PM
he is going to give away our defensive strategy (which is allowing 18 wheelers to drive through our d-line)

better days
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM

I would expect he can tell them the terminology the Bills use for one thing as well as signals used.

PromoTheRobot
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I would expect he can tell them the terminology the Bills use for one thing as well as signals used.

I suspect Chan/Wanny will be changing them. Or better yet, use the same terms but do the exact opposite.

PTR

better days
03-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I suspect Chan/Wanny will be changing them. Or better yet, use the same terms but do the exact opposite.

PTR

Yeah they can play games with the signals, but you can't just do the opposite every time or the Pats* will catch on to that pretty quick.

I don't think it is feasible to change the terminology. Players put in too much time & effort to learn it to keep changing it.

stuckincincy
03-02-2011, 03:41 PM

Yup.

Novacane
03-03-2011, 03:57 PM

:rofl: Exactly. They've beat us how many times in a row but are picking him up to get the Bills secrets? Some of you are to :roflmao:

better days
03-03-2011, 04:03 PM
:rofl: Exactly. They've beat us how many times in a row but are picking him up to get the Bills secrets? Some of you are to :roflmao:

Again, how do you think the Pats* win? Because they have such great players? That is not the reason. I doubt you will see very many Pats* in the HOF. The reason they win is because they take advantage of every edge they can get.

djjimkelly
03-03-2011, 04:36 PM
who cares where he signs he doesnt fit into the bills plans gl to him