PDA

View Full Version : McElroy says he's better prepared than Newton

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 11:30 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/01/greg-mcelroy-says-hes-better-prepared-for-the-nfl-than-cam-newton/

Asked on the Dan Patrick Show who’s better prepared to play in the NFL of the two of them, McElroy picked himself.

“I say me,” McElroy said. “Obviously, my talent level has a much lower ceiling than Cam. That’s fair, and I respect and understand that. But I don’t think I’m the only guy in the NFL that might have that same problem — I don’t think Peyton Manning is as athletic as Cam.”

Tatonka
03-01-2011, 11:59 AM
thoughts on him?

DraftBoy
03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
thoughts on him?

Mid to late grade (5-7)

Jason Garrett clone, ideal #2 who gets the game and see's everything, but limited physically in execution.

I know one scout said Tom Brady Lite, another said career backup.

k-oneputt
03-02-2011, 07:50 AM
He's already on the team, his name is Fitz.

No more wasting picks on qb's who will be nothing but backups if they are lucky.

tampabay25690
03-02-2011, 07:51 PM
He may be better prepared but Cam is a better QB.........

TMu11
03-03-2011, 05:14 AM
At least preparation and knowledge can be taught. Raw talent cant

ddaryl
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
At least preparation and knowledge can be taught. Raw talent cant

yeah but how many raw talents have come and gone because they couldn't handle the mental part of the game....

I think the pros and cons here are an even split. We've seen lots of QB's without raw talent go on to be great NFL QB's. Nobody thought Brady had raw talent when he was drafted in the 6th round. There are others too.

We've seen our share of raw talent QB's come and go just the same