• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

cant believe no one posted this.. gadsen rejoins dolphins

i thought this was funny..

"It's been a roller-coaster of emotions, definitely," Gadsden allowed after signing the contract. "We did what we could. It's not a total loss. I'm looking forward to playing some football now."

After months of wrangling for a better deal elsewhere in free agency, wide receiver Oronde Gadsden is returning to the Dolphins.

YEAH.. keep telling yourself that.. you turned down a 3 mill, 750,000 signing bonus deal over 3 years.. so you could take 550,000 for a one year deal.. sounds like a total loss of 2.5 mill to me..

i admire the way the fins handled this. they stuck by their guns and gadsen came crawling back.. only to be the 4th or 5th wr on this team now.. he may not even make the team in all honesty depending on the play of their rookie tolver who has looked impressive so far.

i dont think his presence makes the fins any more dominant really, as they will still be the ricky show, but it does shore up somewhat of a weak spot.. they have alot of possesion guys and not much speed.. but possession guys move the chains too.. and ricky is their big play guy.

the fish got a solid squad, and after this signing, imho, they have had the best offseason in the nfl. does it mean they will win the division? certainly not.. one injury to ricky could send them spiraling, but they should be considered favorites in all of the AFC to me at this point.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

I would have liked to have seen Gadsen in a Bills uniform. He could have solidified the shakey depth at WR.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Re: cant believe no one posted this.. gadsen rejoins dolphins

Originally posted by Tatonka
      the fish got a solid squad, and after this signing, imho, they have had the best offseason in the nfl.
      What the heck are you smoking? They have??!!? Who have they signed? They drafted bums and reached a lot. They signed a washed up LB (Seau) replace another washed up LB in Rogers. They signed a good Safety who gets INTs...but is really no better than the safety that they already had. They signed a pretty good DT from the Rams...but he isn't that good. They signed a backup receiver from Washington (Derrius Thompson). They also brought back a scrub CB in Terrell Buckley. Oh wait...I forgot one more....Charlie Rogers for their kick returns (and he didn't do much on the Bills). What is so good about this offseason? IMHO, the Bills and Patriots are tied for the #1 offseason in the NFL. But, that is just MO.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

well.. i guess we see things differently.. i am not one of those who believe that seau is "washed up".. is he older, sure.. but look at romanowski.. he is much older and playing well.. seau made the pro bowl last year.. his numbers were comparable to spikes and he was hurt... i think he can still bring it personally.. and sammy knight is a baller.. i dont care what anyone says.. i would have taken him in a heartbeat.. they added two extreme good players to the number 3 defense..

on offense.. lets be real.. if fiedler doesnt get hurt, they make the playoffs.. they were averaging 29 points a game before he got hurt.. he was playing good last year... and now they have griese who is about as good a back up as you can expect in the nfl. they lost no body on offense.. and added a guy like thompson who has potential writen all over him. are they great at wr and qb? not at all.. are they solid? without a doubt.. add that to the best RB in the nfl right now.. and that equals a good offense.. with a supurb defense.. it makes me nervous.

that is not counting any other additions or draft picks.. zgonia is a solid back up.. buckley is a decent back up too... hell.. at this point.. gadsen is a back up.. not bad.

tons of things can happen during an nfl season, and we dont know how they are all going to play together.. but we dont know how the 10 new guys we added will either.. i do think seau and knight should add more intesity to that tough defense.

one injury to ricky williams could mean all the work and additions mean nothing and their season is over.. but one injury to moulds, henry, or bledsoe and we could be in the same boat.

i personally think that they had a great offseason.. clearly the best? arguably.. did the bills have a great offseason? sure.. do we still have holes.. sure.. that is why they play the games, to see who did the best.. but i am simply stating that i like the moves they made and that they are going to be a very tough opponent.. i dont think we can bank on a sweep this year. i will be happy with a split and us winning in buffalo when the playoffs are on the line.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

the fins have 3 AFCE games in december, that is why i dont think they will make the playoffs.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

true.. but they may be able to set themselves up before that..

dont get me wrong.. i am excited.. every afce victory we get this year will be earned.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

You forgot ONE thing though.....

December CHOKE!!! And if they make it to the playoffs, they can't get past the first round!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

that is a factor..

but if you think about it.. every team chokes except for one the one who wins the superbowl.. some just do it earlier than others.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                  • Jun 2003

Re: Re: cant believe no one posted this.. gadsen rejoins dolphins

Originally posted by Mike32282

What the heck are you smoking? They have??!!? Who have they signed? They drafted bums and reached a lot. They signed a washed up LB (Seau) replace another washed up LB in Rogers. They signed a good Safety who gets INTs...but is really no better than the safety that they already had. They signed a pretty good DT from the Rams...but he isn't that good. They signed a backup receiver from Washington (Derrius Thompson). They also brought back a scrub CB in Terrell Buckley. Oh wait...I forgot one more....Charlie Rogers for their kick returns (and he didn't do much on the Bills). What is so good about this offseason? IMHO, the Bills and Patriots are tied for the #1 offseason in the NFL. But, that is just MO.
                  No, you're smoking some good stuff..Tatonka has pointed this out already, but Seau was hurt last year and still made the probowl..his numbers were about the same as Spike..we've already looked this up on the phins board..plus he's eagle to prove something this year, makes a player dangerous. D. Thompson was a starter on the skins last year, started as a backup ended up starting and led that team in receptions and TD's..I live in DC and watched a lot of their games..we were surprise the Skins let him go, but they had Cole targeted and Coles a faster DT. T. Buckley is still solid, look at him in the miami\NE game..he's a big part of why Miami couldn't get those 10 yards they needed at the end. Zgonia was the team Captain and starter for the Rams last year..very good depth..Charlie, I just don't think you're over all ST play was good..in seattle, the guy was a stud, Miami has very good ST, just never had a break away runner. I'm not a happy camper about the OG signing..I thought DT covered everything OG already does, and he's faster..I prefer to keep an extra Speedy guy that we have on the roster, but may not make it now, because of this signing. This has defintely been a great offseason for the Phins..The signing of Knight and Griese just gave us the extra depth we needed and Knight might be the starter, he's a ball hawk unlike Freeman and a harder hitter..people will not feel as comfortable going across our middle as they use to.. Miami has a very talented team right now..I can't argue the December thing, that's something the team will have to over come, like they did the Jets thing last year...maybe it's meant to be one step at a time..last year the jets thing, this year the December thing...But I would say overall Miami is indeed a very scary team right now, but that's why they play the game..to see if the offseason was really great or just an illusion..you guys will know if yours was great and so will we..Every body looks good on paper.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                    Expert on Experts
                    • Jul 2002

the fins got a good squad, there is no denying it. They didn't have a good offseason, but their team was already good heading into it. I dont think they will win the super bowl. But this is a team that went 9-7 and would have been 11-5 if fiedler doesnt go down. RW can run and the defense can be great, though it is inconsistent.

They'll be some good fins-bills games this year

Comment

• hey
                      • Mar 2003

you know sayin we will always choke in december is pretty dumb.because i could say you will always choke in the superbowl.which is way worse.
                      miami=superbowl

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

The difference is that the SB losing bills were a long time ago, this is a WHOLE new team, while THIS fins teams always sucks in Dec.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                            Expert on Experts
                            • Jul 2002

actually, id take choking in the super bowl over choking in december.

Comment

• Doc
                              • Dec 2002

...or in the playoffs, well BEFORE getting to the SB.

Comment

Working...
                              X