PDA

View Full Version : when I watch the Sabres

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2011, 06:03 AM
I always seem to see them in a mad scramble. Their defensive scheme seems to be organized chaos. The other team always seems to be able to control the puck for long stretches in our zone and are much stronger on the puck than any of our guys. Our guys in the offensive zone tend to get charged and give up the puck, get the puck knocked off their sticks or just get knocked down and have the puck taken away from them. Watching Sabres games is a frustrating experience. When Miller is in net, they seem to help him very little. Lastly, their passing and receiving of passes is atrocious. They constantly pass the puck to their teammates skates and when they actually get it on the stick, the pass is missed anyway.

This isn't just the Rangers game and the Red Wings game either, it happens seemingly EVERY game for long stretches. Even when the Sabres get pressure, it is usually from the outside. I sometimes wonder how they win many games the way they look.

So, is this just me, or do others see this too?

rbochan
03-02-2011, 06:33 AM
All i know is that Vanek played better defense than any of the Sabres defensemen.

SabreEleven
03-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Stop watching the Sabres and they'll be no problems.

Ebenezer
03-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Actually, I think many of the games are that way. I think it is part of the defensive schemes to keep the scorers in check.

Beebe's Kid
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Maybe it is just perception, but I feel like teams play to keep us out of the zone, and we play to keep teams from scoring in the zone...without a lot of concern for them gaining the zone.

Ebenezer
03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Maybe it is just perception, but I feel like teams play to keep us out of the zone, and we play to keep teams from scoring in the zone...without a lot of concern for them gaining the zone.

Um..yeah. All teams are doing that. Torterella basically said as much when they interviewed him in the middle of the 1st period last night.

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Stop watching the Sabres and they'll be no problems.

Do you mean there will be no problems?

JD
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
I just think our system is meant for a team with good defense, which we do not have. We probably lead the league in allowing 2 on 1's/3 on 1's, we definitely lead the league with 2 on 1 goals allowed. Not to mention, we've given up the most short handed goals in the league.

Mr. Liles sure would have been a nice addition!