PDA

View Full Version : both safties are gone

Bert102176
03-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Sanders is now a Charger and Atagwe is now a redskin great job Buffalo screw ups once again.

Ingtar33
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Sanders is now a Charger and Atagwe is now a redskin great job Buffalo screw ups once again.

does this surprise you? What about the last ten years... or hell, Nix's first off season gave you the belief we would do anything positive to make this team better?

BidsJr
03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
1. That sentence, if you can call it that, made my eyes bleed.

2. Why so serious?

Bert102176
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I just know that while Ralph is alive andowning this team they will not win a damn thing

hydro
03-03-2011, 09:34 PM
There go our playoff chances :(

:sarcasm:

ServoBillieves
03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
We're stuck with Byrd, Wilson, Scott, and Corto, and probably Whitner. What a bummer. We could have had the always injured Sanders or the recently released Otogwe...

Ebenezer
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Why is this the Bills fault?
Why are free agents never held accountable for where they choose to play?
Have any of us examined Sanders to see if he has anything left?

justasportsfan
03-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Why is this the Bills fault?
Why are free agents never held accountable for where they choose to play?
Have any of us examined Sanders to see if he has anything left?

its easier to just blame the bills. I mean we signed Merriman ,he's a gimp. We don't sign Sanders, we suck.

psubills62
03-03-2011, 09:56 PM
As much as I would have liked to see Atogwe here, I don't think safety is really the position we should be that concerned about yet. We've got two capable starters in Wilson and Byrd, and it's not that difficult to add depth.

I'll tell you what...when free agency does happen, there will be a market flooded with players. UFA requirements will almost certainly go back to 4 or more accrued seasons and a lot of the current RFA tenders won't mean anything. There will be a lot of guys available for us to spend money on. Atogwe would have been nice, but I don't think it's necessary to try to outbid Snyder for a name player. And while I would have liked to sign Sanders to an incentive-heavy contract, he wasn't exactly a necessary component.

jpdex12
03-03-2011, 10:25 PM
As much as I would have liked to see Atogwe here, I don't think safety is really the position we should be that concerned about yet. We've got two capable starters in Wilson and Byrd, and it's not that difficult to add depth.

I'll tell you what...when free agency does happen, there will be a market flooded with players. UFA requirements will almost certainly go back to 4 or more accrued seasons and a lot of the current RFA tenders won't mean anything. There will be a lot of guys available for us to spend money on. Atogwe would have been nice, but I don't think it's necessary to try to outbid Snyder for a name player. And while I would have liked to sign Sanders to an incentive-heavy contract, he wasn't exactly a necessary component.
Correct, and don't forget Weddle is a FA...

BertSquirtgum
03-03-2011, 10:36 PM
who cares? god damn whiney Bills fans.

ServoBillieves
03-04-2011, 01:05 AM

Was either of those players worth crying over? Was safety really a legitimate severe miss for the Buffalo Bills? Do we not need a LB, D-lineman, RT, RG, QB, FB, TE, WR, whatever?

Prov401
03-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Was either of those players worth crying over? Was safety really a legitimate severe miss for the Buffalo Bills? Do we not need a LB, D-lineman, RT, RG, QB, FB, TE, WR, whatever?

I think you quoted the wrong guy.

Bert102176
03-04-2011, 02:13 AM
Whitner sucks and just likes to run his mouth, Atagwe would have been a great upgrade

jcdavey
03-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Correct, and don't forget Weddle is a FA...
RFA..........

Extremebillsfan247
03-04-2011, 04:33 AM
I don't know how good memories are around this message board but I remember the first half of last season when our run defense was on the verge of setting NFL records and not in a good way. Our pass defense isn't anything great but there are much bigger issues on defense that wont be fixed by adding an Atagwe, or Sanders. JMO

TMu11
03-04-2011, 05:12 AM
its easier to just blame the bills. I mean we signed Merriman ,he's a gimp. We don't sign Sanders, we suck.

People also don't realize that Merriman didn't have a choice, Sanders did

X-Era
03-04-2011, 05:38 AM
We're stuck with Byrd, Wilson, Scott, and Corto, and probably Whitner. What a bummer. We could have had the always injured Sanders or the recently released Otogwe...Don't worry, they will just resign Whitner now.

Extremebillsfan247
03-04-2011, 05:41 AM
Don't worry, they will just resign Whitner now.I like Whitner, he's good venting therapy. lol

Stewie
03-04-2011, 07:19 AM
does this surprise you? What about the last ten years... or hell, Nix's first off season gave you the belief we would do anything positive to make this team better?

Groan.

The King
03-04-2011, 07:43 AM
There are going to be a ton of names out there. This isnt the end of the world.

better days
03-04-2011, 08:28 AM

Merriman was a Free Agent, of course he had a choice. And if you think no other teams were interested in him, 3 other teams tried to claim him when he went on waivers.

psubills62
03-04-2011, 08:33 AM
The problem is that these two guys were the best currently out there. People aren't thinking about when free agency actually starts. Granted, we may not have a FA this year if the CBA takes a while, but with that judge's ruling, I see no reason to hurry and sign guys RIGHT NOW for the 2011 season.

Hopefully the draft actually will happen before free agency. That way, we'll know what needs we have. While we may not be able to bid against Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder for the top names, we could pretty easily target the tier 2 guys right away and maybe get them in quickly for a reasonable price.

I'm sure a lot of people won't like the idea of targeting tier 2 guys right away. But those guys are the ones who are usually the best bargains if you can get them early. The big names never seem to produce up to their contract, and once all those guys are gone, then the tier 2 guys get bid up by everyone who lost out on the tier 1 guys.

I'm personally excited for this offseason. I think it could end up being a good one.

ddaryl
03-04-2011, 08:33 AM

what he said

Beebe's Kid
03-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Merriman was a Free Agent, of course he had a choice. And if you think no other teams were interested in him, 3 other teams tried to claim him when he went on waivers.

Stop it with your stupid facts B. Days!! This is a crying session where we piss and moan about the last ten years and how Nix has screwed the pooch around here.

****ING PATHETIC!!! Those are the two most common common words that I can come up with when I read the **** people post. It's like 365 days of pre-menstruation.

These two are "just another example?" "They'll just resign Whitner" Boo ****ing hoo!

Ickybaluky
03-04-2011, 08:41 AM
RFA..........

Weddle has 4 years. He is only restricted if they return to the uncapped year rules. Given any new agreement will continue the old FA experience requirements of 4 years to become unrestricted, he will not be a restricted FA.

BertSquirtgum
03-04-2011, 10:48 AM

he most certainly did have a choice, he signed on for another two years.

TMu11
03-07-2011, 05:16 AM
he most certainly did have a choice, he signed on for another two years.

Yes. After he got here.

He was claimed by the team with the worst record at the time. He came to us. Whether or not he stayed is an entirely separate point

justasportsfan
03-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Yes. After he got here.

He was claimed by the team with the worst record at the time. He came to us. Whether or not he stayed is an entirely separate point
what was your point in telling us that he didn't have a choice when he was first claimed? All that is moot after he chose to sign at years end. :idunno:

TMu11
03-08-2011, 04:58 AM
what was your point in telling us that he didn't have a choice when he was first claimed? All that is moot after he chose to sign at years end. :idunno:

Because if you read the entire thread there was a point saying that its not the Bills fault that players don't sign with us (Because we don't land players like Sanders). I made the point that Meriiman didn't initially have the option either. It isn't until these players actually come here that they like Buffalo.

If you took the time to read what the quote was in reply to, rather than just what was said, you could have read it in context.