PDA

View Full Version : 15-7-4 in 2011

hydro
03-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Man those 7 games that the Sabres totally sucked and 4 games they kinda sucked are really bringing me down :(

Dude
03-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Considering this team wasn't even expected to compete for the playoffs when the calendar flipped, I'd say the fact that they are only two points out of the 8th spot right now is a pretty damn good accomplishment.

hydro
03-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Considering this team wasn't even expected to compete for the playoffs when the calendar flipped, I'd say the fact that they are only two points out of the 8th spot right now is a pretty damn good accomplishment.

But we have lost games. That is UNACCEPTABLE!

rbochan
03-04-2011, 08:25 AM
But we have lost games. That is UNACCEPTABLE!
I know that was sarcasm, but losing to the Leafs IS unacceptable!

PTI
03-04-2011, 08:33 AM
Miller Saturday in Philly, Enroth Sunday in Minnesota, or other way around? Philly will be quite salty after giving up a late goal and losing in regulation last night to Toronto. Do you play Enroth and expect a lose against Flyers and try to secure a win with Miller Sunday? Bad way of thinking, perhaps, but it comes to mind.

Dozerdog
03-04-2011, 09:18 AM
If only we could beat the Islanders- we would be 18-4-4

Almost a Jersey Devils like roll

Ebenezer
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
15-7-4 translates to 45-21-12 and 102 points with four games to go in the season. Name me one fan that wouldn't take that.

JD
03-04-2011, 02:48 PM
15-7-4 translates to 45-21-12 and 102 points with four games to go in the season. Name me one fan that wouldn't take that.

DONT TELL T-PEGS THAT!

We want to be active this summer :cp:

G Wolly
03-04-2011, 02:52 PM

Op would find something wrong.

Ebenezer
03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Op would find something wrong.
I said fan.

chernobylwraiths
03-04-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, not to be a voice of reason, but regardless of their record lately, this team is not built to go far in the playoffs. When the pressure ramps up and it gets more physical, this team will wilt. IMO But their play at times has been promising.

Ebenezer
03-04-2011, 03:09 PM
Well, not to be a voice of reason, but regardless of their record lately, this team is not built to go far in the playoffs. When the pressure ramps up and it gets more physical, this team will wilt. IMO But their play at times has been promising.
I don't care if they wear dresses, put their hair in curlers and play with dolls. If they make the playoffs I will be much happier than if they don't.

Mski
03-04-2011, 03:26 PM

i think last nights game proved when it gets physical, they wont be pushed around... hecht set the tone for that early in the 1st, now if we can only get the team to play like they did last night and miller to play like he did tuesday on the same night

G Wolly
03-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I said fan.

Whoops.

hydro
03-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Make that 16-7-4!

:dance3:

Ebenezer
03-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Make that 16-7-4!

The complainers see it as 4-16-7.

SkateZilla
03-05-2011, 07:55 PM
i wonder what new jersey boards are saying lately...... hrm....

Beebe's Kid
03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Their just not a good team. They have no talent. They score bad goals. They give up easy goals.

All of the **** that people say about the Sabres is just proof that it is never good enough. It is "cool" to be a negative *****...that way you never looked like you got excited, only to get let down, which is somehow a big problem.

Who gives a ****. I'll say it right now...the Sabres can play with any team in the league. I'd take our chances in a 7 game series with anybody in the league.

Beebe's Kid
03-05-2011, 10:42 PM
i wonder what new jersey boards are saying lately...... hrm....If you really wondered you could head over to one of their boards and check it out...hrm...

**The ellipsis is three dots (...) That's what the grammar fans are saying...

Ebenezer
03-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Make that 16-7-4!

Actually 17-7-4!

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Their just not a good team. They have no talent. They score bad goals. They give up easy goals.

All of the **** that people say about the Sabres is just proof that it is never good enough. It is "cool" to be a negative *****...that way you never looked like you got excited, only to get let down, which is somehow a big problem.

Who gives a ****. I'll say it right now...the Sabres can play with any team in the league. I'd take our chances in a 7 game series with anybody in the league.

lmao- two good months and barely clinging to the last playoff spot is good enough for you?

Ebenezer
03-06-2011, 08:45 PM
lmao- two good months and barely clinging to the last playoff spot is good enough for you?
When everybody is having fun at a party do you go around pointing out all the flaws even though it's not the best party in the world?

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 08:59 PM
When everybody is having fun at a party do you go around pointing out all the flaws even though it's not the best party in the world?

We haven't been invited to the party yet.

We had two bad months followed by two good months. All the criticisms that Beebe's Kid is sarcastically mocking were well-warranted at the time they were levied. The reality is that there are issues with this team, and it has nothing to do with it being "cool to be a negative *****" like he said.

The reality is that this team has struggled for most of the last 3 3/4's seasons and it's premature to throw all that out over two good months.

Sorry to be the realist and point out that people who are $300k in debt are celebrating over finding a $100 bill.

Ebenezer
03-06-2011, 09:02 PM
We haven't been invited to the party yet.

We had two bad months followed by two good months. All the criticisms that Beebe's Kid is sarcastically mocking were well-warranted at the time they were levied. The reality is that there are issues with this team, and it has nothing to do with it being "cool to be a negative *****" like he said.

The reality is that this team has struggled for most of the last 3 3/4's seasons and it's premature to throw all that out over two good months.

Sorry to be the realist and point out that people who are $300k in debt are celebrating over finding a $100 bill.
Translation to my question:

Yes.

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Translation to my question:

Yes.

I'm pointing out the reality of the situation. If you consider that ruining your party, well, I can't do anything about that.

Ebenezer
03-06-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm pointing out the reality of the situation. If you consider that ruining your party, well, I can't do anything about that.
Even at a party where the invites were sent...it rained...the tent leaked...the food was underdone...people find a reason to have fun and enjoy themselves. They don't claim it was the best party of their lives...but they enjoy themselves...except you have to be the ass going around pointing out the problems....two hours later...after you weren't there. Get it now??

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Even at a party where the invites were sent...it rained...the tent leaked...the food was underdone...people find a reason to have fun and enjoy themselves. They don't claim it was the best party of their lives...but they enjoy themselves...except you have to be the ass going around pointing out the problems....two hours later...after you weren't there. Get it now??

yeah, well, some of us are tired of pretending the tent isn't leaking and the food isn't cold.

MikeInRoch
03-06-2011, 09:50 PM
yeah, well, some of us are tired of pretending the tent isn't leaking and the food isn't cold.

Oh no. It's more than just that. You *delight* in telling everyone else that the tent is leaking. And that insistence makes you look like a jerk.

hydro
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM

Why do you have to be fed up? Why does everything in your sports life have to be perfect? I have never met a person in my life that turns so much into a negative spin. Take the season game by game. Live with the highs and lows as they come. Don't ****ing dwell on them so much that it makes you see everything in a negative light.

And yes I have seen you compliment your favorite teams when they do something good. But I will be damned if I ever saw that same compliment not followed up by a negative or two.

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh no. It's more than just that. You *delight* in telling everyone else that the tent is leaking. And that insistence makes you look like a jerk.

how do you know that I delight in it? Are you psychic?

Oh, and btw, somehow we are once again talking about me and not the team.

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Why do you have to be fed up? Why does everything in your sports life have to be perfect? I have never met a person in my life that turns so much into a negative spin. Take the season game by game. Live with the highs and lows as they come. Don't ****ing dwell on them so much that it makes you see everything in a negative light.

And yes I have seen you compliment your favorite teams when they do something good. But I will be damned if I ever saw that same compliment not followed up by a negative or two.

perfect? WTF are you talking about? The Sabres had a disappointing first round exit from the playoffs last year, following two years without making the playoffs. And they're on the verge of not making the playoffs again this year. As a fan of the team, there is nothing wrong with wanting better than that.

The highs don't matter if we never reach the ultimate goal. The reason I always temper the compliments: look at how my teams have performed every since this message board has been in existence. The highs are the flash in the pan- the lows are what has defined their recent existence. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to be mesmerized by the in-dash navigation system while there's a burning smell and black smoke puffing out of the tailpipe.

Ebenezer
03-06-2011, 10:04 PM
perfect? WTF are you talking about? The Sabres had a disappointing first round exit from the playoffs last year, following two years without making the playoffs. And they're on the verge of not making the playoffs again this year. As a fan of the team, there is nothing wrong with wanting better than that.

The highs don't matter if we never reach the ultimate goal. The reason I always temper the compliments: look at how my teams have performed every since this message board has been in existence. The highs are the flash in the pan- the lows are what has defined their recent existence. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to be mesmerized by the in-dash navigation system while there's a burning smell and black smoke puffing out of the tailpipe.
1. You are not a fan; you are a critic.

2. Get new teams. These teams disappoint you too much.

G Wolly
The highs are the flash in the pan- the lows are what has defined their recent existence. I'm not the kind of guy who's going to be mesmerized by the in-dash navigation system while there's a burning smell and black smoke puffing out of the tailpipe.

I get what you're saying, and I agree.

Yet also have to disagree.

I agree that wins here and there mean nothing if it doesn't equal some sort of semi-consistent success/championships.

However, I disagree in that this is what being a fan is all about. Sticking by your team, good and bad, until that day it's finally our time to call our Sabres champions, and when that time comes, it will make every second of suffering worth it.

MikeInRoch
how do you know that I delight in it? Are you psychic?

I guess I just assumed that *must* be the case, since you insist on doing it so damn often.

G Wolly
03-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I guess I just assumed that *must* be the case, since you insist on doing it so damn often.

He doesn't like doing it, but it has to be done.

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 10:48 PM
1. You are not a fan; you are a critic.

why can't I be both? In fact, being a critic is part of being a fan.

Some of you seem to think that being a fan means being rah-rah for the team no matter what. But the reality is that the definition of a fan is someone who wants the team to win, and if the team isn't winning, there are players, coaches and FO personnel who are responsible for that failure. They deserve criticism, especially on a message board devoted to that team.

And I'm not even going to address the "get new teams" portion because it's so asinine that it doesn't deserve a response.

OpIv37
03-06-2011, 10:49 PM

I insist on discussing the teams that are the subjects of this message board. It's not my fault that they happen to be worthy of criticism more often than not.

G Wolly
03-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Some of you seem to think that being a fan means being rah-rah for the team no matter what. But the reality is that the definition of a fan is someone who wants the team to win, and if the team isn't winning, there are players, coaches and FO personnel who are responsible for that failure. They deserve criticism, especially on a message board devoted to that team.

And they've won 2 games and moved into 8th place since losing in Carolina.

I understand your frustration with the Carolina loss, but for all we know we could finish in 6th place.

A fan also realizes that the season isn't over and there's never been a perfect hockey season, and move on after a loss.

CuseJetsFan83
03-06-2011, 11:44 PM
philly lost 7-0 to the rangers..... does that mean they suck??

Dozerdog
03-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Philly could go 82-0 and still suck

Just look at the Yankees

SabreEleven
03-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Philly could go 82-0 and still suck

Just look at the Yankees

Yankees sucked in 09, almost as bad as the Red Sox

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
20-10-5 now in 2011.

Damn shame they sucked in October. That is a 104+ point pace over 82 games.

They probably need 11 or 12 more points (out of a possible 20) to make the playoffs.

CuseJetsFan83
03-21-2011, 11:51 PM
http://zorak.best.vwh.net/nhl/

projections from the site are sabres need 11 for playoffs...

this next weeks worth of games is extremely crucial... montreal, florida, NJ, TOR, NYR

grab 7 to 8 points and that is a success... anything else... and well..... putting way too much pressure on the last week and half

Ebenezer
03-22-2011, 12:00 AM

this next weeks worth of games is extremely crucial... montreal, florida, NJ, TOR, NYR

grab 7 to 8 points and that is a success... anything else... and well..... putting way too much pressure on the last week and half

sadly....all are winnable...all are losable.

CuseJetsFan83
03-22-2011, 12:07 AM
sadly....all are winnable...all are losable.

exactly.... and the more wins they can get in those games listed..... the less pressure they have for washington, carolina, TB, philly and columbus

Ebenezer
03-22-2011, 12:11 AM
exactly.... and the more wins they can get in those games listed..... the less pressure they have for washington, carolina, TB, philly and columbus
if they go in needing wins against TB, Philly and Columbus to make the playoffs then they are in deep trouble.

CuseJetsFan83
03-22-2011, 01:24 AM
if they go in needing wins against TB, Philly and Columbus to make the playoffs then they are in deep trouble.

thats why they need to take care of business NOW..... is OT/SO the end of the world.... no its a point......... but regulation wins are such a hot item at the moment.... need those first and foremost..... especially since they have an outside chance at catching montreal....

CuseJetsFan83
03-23-2011, 01:22 AM
http://zorak.best.vwh.net/nhl/#magic_east

but in all reality the sabres probably need 10 points to be safe and don't forget carolina and the sabres play again this time in raleigh

CuseJetsFan83
03-27-2011, 08:41 PM

after last nights win thats 6 points so far.......... good start but the battle is no wheres near finished...... off to toronto tuesday night

Ebenezer
03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
after last nights win thats 6 points so far.......... good start but the battle is no wheres near finished...... off to toronto tuesday night
and the Laffs have our number lately...

CuseJetsFan83
03-31-2011, 12:03 AM
4-1-0 in that 5 game stretch... 8 crucial points.....

Dr. Lecter
03-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Since Pegula took over:

12-4-3 overall, 7-1-2 at home under Pegula w/no 2-game losing streaks. Guess the man upstairs does make a difference.

(From Mike Harrington on Twitter)

CuseJetsFan83
04-11-2011, 04:29 AM
and from my last post out of a possible 10 points they snagged 9...........

peaking at the right time?

Ebenezer
04-11-2011, 10:17 AM
and from my last post out of a possible 10 points they snagged 9...........

peaking at the right time?

Epic fail...the one point could have prevented them from making the playoffs. :biggrin: