Will there ever be a player THAT WANTS TO BE A BUFFALO BILL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Will there ever be a player THAT WANTS TO BE A BUFFALO BILL?

A guy that always wanted to be a Bill? Like Melo coming to Knicks who sucked for a decade? I know selling Buffalo, NY is harder than Times Square but I wonder has there ever been a guy that wanted Buffalo to be his FIRST Choice or came here as a discount due to always wanting to be a Buffalo Bill?

"I was born on May 29, 1984 in Brooklyn, N.Y."

"I wanted to be Bernard King,"

Any history of a football player doing this for buffalo even when we were a great team?
    Last edited by BuffaloBlitz83; 03-04-2011, 03:05 PM.
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Will there ever be a player THAT WANTS TO BE A BUFFALO BILL?

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    A guy that always wanted to be a Bill? Like Melo coming to Knicks who sucked for a decade? I know selling Buffalo, NY is harder than Times Square but I wonder has there ever been a guy that wanted Buffalo to be his FIRST Choice or came here as a discount due to always wanting to be a Buffalo Bill?

"I was born on May 29, 1984 in Brooklyn, N.Y."

"I wanted to be Bernard King,"
    Well, Travis Henry grew up a Bills fan in Fla & was very happy when the Bills drafted him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

JaMarcus Russell wants to be a bill.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I bet Roosevelt was pumped
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

Chris Watson wanted to be a Bill.

Comment

• Jaybird
            • Dec 2005

If we start getting more W... people will want to be a bill

If you build it, they will come!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              JaMarcus Russell wants to be a bill.
              With his house in forclosure, JaMarcus would love to be on any team in the NFL about now. Who knows, maybe he has matured & can still make something of himself in the NFL. He would not be the 1st player to do so.

I remember watching him win the BCS Championship & thinking WOW. I think his play in his BCS win was much more impressive than Newtons was.
              Last edited by better days; 03-04-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Zero
                Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Jaybird
                If we start getting more W... people will want to be a bill

If you build it, they will come!!!!!!!!!!

So true...Look no further than Lebron 'bandwagon jumping" James. Grew up a Yankee, Cowboy and Bulls fan. What do they all have in common? They all were winning multiple titles in the 90's when Lebron was growing up in Cleveland.

Comment

• baalworship
                  • May 2003

Jason Peters wanted to be a Bill. He chose us over many other teams that also wanted him. Too bad Bills fans ripped him to shreds for the crime of wanting to get paid after making the Pro Bowl.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by baalworship
                    Jason Peters wanted to be a Bill. He chose us over many other teams that also wanted him. Too bad Bills fans ripped him to shreds for the crime of wanting to get paid after making the Pro Bowl.
                    I think most people ripped him on his lack of effort/poor play when he wasn't paid more than his contract called for than the fact he wanted to be paid.

He still had a number of years on his contract & he put in a lack of effort after making the Pro Bowl because he wanted more money than he signed off on when he signed his contract.

If he wanted more money for making the Pro Bowl, he should have had his agent put that in his contract before he signed it. I would bet the Bills would have agreed to that at the time.

Comment

• Romes
                      • Jul 2002

Every player that has signed with Buffalo as FA or re-signed with the team wants to be a Buffalo Bill.
                      Originally posted by paladin warrior
                      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

probably not. lots of people will want to be a L.A. Bill though.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
                          • Sep 2008

A lot of big names wanted to be Bills during the Donahoe era.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

Jon Corto.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                            X