• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

This Lockout is all about the Greedy Owners

Owners are all making profits. Show me one that is losing money.

Players aren't seeking more money. They are fine with the current deal.

This is more about Smaller market owners like Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville wanting more profits after seeing bigger markets like Dallas, Washington, New York making HUGER PROFITS. There is no Small Market teams in the NFL, just SMALLER Market teams. This is all about GREED. So they see the best way to grow there profits by taking money from the players.
    Last edited by BuffaloBlitz83; 03-04-2011, 03:22 PM.
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: This Lockout is all about the Greedy Owners

I agree the owners are more to blame, but the players are almost as greedy. I can't sit here and fault the owners 100%.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
      I agree the owners are more to blame, but the players are almost as greedy. I can't sit here and fault the owners 100%.
      How are they greedy by not seeking more. They are happy with the current situation and are fine with the rookie scale going down. I feel the owners are far, far more to blame. I do feel 100% there will be a season in 2011, too much money involved.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

They are greedy for running a business? They wouldn't be multi millionaires or own a team if they didn't make business-wise moves.

Like I said in a different thrad thead greenbay , the world champs only made 4 million last year. Something needs to be done by such teams and it's not greed. It's business. If greenbay wants to survive, they need to do something and if that means they are greedy then so be it.
        Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-04-2011, 03:28 PM.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

If you don't think the players are seeking more, you are on crack. They want a bigger piece of the television revenue, for one, which is billions of dollars. Let's not skew facts here. Anyone who thinks the players don't want more is fooling themselves.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            They are greedy for running a business? They wouldn't be multi millionaires or own a team if they didn't make business-wise moves.

Like I said in a different thrad thead greenbay , the world champs only made 4 million last year. Something needs to be done by such teams and it's not greed. It's business. If greenbay wants to survive, they need to do something and if that means they are greedy then so be it.
            I don't believe that for a second. TV money, merchandising and all. Not a second.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
              I don't believe that for a second. TV money, merchandising and all. Not a second.

It's been publicly reported on the radio and no one refuted it. If you don't blelieve that theres nothing I can do.

Players want more as do the owners.It's called a business.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-04-2011, 03:44 PM.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

All the issues now should have been taken care of when the original deal was signed, but Tags told the Owners " Trust Me " and they signed the deal without reading it... except Ralph & Mike Brown. Now all the same issues exist ( overpaid rookies, too much for the players etc. )

This is Paul Tags fault and the owners would shoot him if he walked past.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

open the books owners otherwise I don't believe it.

Comment

• PTI
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

I agree a little with Cowherd, he said something like when the owners have power they can offer us more, like better a better stadium experience, when the players get more we as fans get no benefits and maybe even have higher ticket prices.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      open the books owners otherwise I don't believe it.

The Green Bay Packers released their annual report today and it showed a net profit of $5.2 million, an increase over the $4 million the team made last year.

According to team officials, while player costs have gone up 11%, revenue has only gone up 5.5%.
                      “Player costs are growing at twice the rate of revenue,” Murphy said. That, he said, helps explain why the league, with the Packers in full support, agreed to opt out of the current contract and go to an uncapped salary season in 2010.
                      The Green Bay Packers released their 2010 annual report, showing a net profit of $5.2 million, and increase of $1.2 million. The Packers framed the owners' arguments for a new collective bargaining agreement by highlighting rising player costs.
                      Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-04-2011, 03:52 PM.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        If this doesn't make people like Blitz understand nothing will. Certainly some owners are making more than others but if I'm an owner and I am netting less than my rookie QB I am not happy. Makes no sense.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Owners need to stop being losers. Listen to Charlie like the players. Winninggggggggg

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            If this doesn't make people like Blitz understand nothing will. Certainly some owners are making more than others but if I'm an owner and I am netting less than my rookie QB I am not happy. Makes no sense.

a rookie whose done squat in this league. Thats what sick about the whole thing. I can understand that players want more protection out of the new cba for when they retire like better insurance, but what the hell do they do with their money when they are active and making all those millions?

Middle class america also want better retirement benefits but they sure aren't making millions to begin with. So does that make players greedy?
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                              This is more about Smaller market owners like Buffalo, Cleveland, Jacksonville wanting more profits after seeing bigger markets like Dallas, Washington, New York making HUGER PROFITS. There is no Small Market teams in the NFL, just SMALLER Market teams. This is all about GREED. So they see the best way to grow there profits by taking money from the players.

how much more does Wilson want? he only paid 5 figures for his football team.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X