PDA

View Full Version : Sports Science :QB Combine

justasportsfan
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
April 14 7 pm on ESPN HD

Colin Kaepernick's Accuracy is tested in the Sport Science lab with cutting edge technology. Explaining how Kaepernick had a better completion percentage in his senior year than Peyton Manning

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6158666

BuffaloBlitz83
03-04-2011, 03:26 PM
He still sucks. Chad pennington had a great completion percentage too but his arm was wooden

Mr. Miyagi
03-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Sports Science is fun to watch, but getting more and more sensational and gag-me, beginning with the "Superhuman faster than a bullet QB Trent Edwards" type BS.

justasportsfan
03-04-2011, 03:31 PM
"Superhuman faster than a bullet QB Trent Edwards" type BS.
thats the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the video. Meaning, sports science is not really a science. More of a myth sometimes.

psubills62
03-04-2011, 03:44 PM
Meaning, sports science is not really a science.

That's all people need to know. ESPN's "Sports Science" segment is rarely ever true science.

Bangarang
03-04-2011, 04:40 PM
These segments are truly cringe worthy.

Extremebillsfan247
03-04-2011, 04:48 PM
He still sucks. Chad pennington had a great completion percentage too but his arm was woodenIt would'nt surprise me if over 3 quarters of the posters on this board would still rather have Pennington at QB over Fitzpatrick though.

TigerJ
03-04-2011, 07:12 PM
There are many factors that go into determining a good and effective QB. Accuracy is only one of them. Just measuring one factor like that, even if the measurement were completely valid, is no more than a curiousity for whoever might be interested.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-04-2011, 08:45 PM
It would'nt surprise me if over 3 quarters of the posters on this board would still rather have Pennington at QB over Fitzpatrick though.

I'm not a fan of Fitz as a starter but I don't think thePennington statement over Fitz is true at all. Even here at this board

Michael82
03-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Sports Science is fun to watch, but getting more and more sensational and gag-me, beginning with the "Superhuman faster than a bullet QB Trent Edwards" type BS.
That was created before all of Trent Edwards concussions. He used to be that quick with his passes, but when his brain got rattled, it threw things off.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-05-2011, 02:42 AM
Man Trent was playing great during that 3-0 start :( I hate Adrian Wilson

ParanoidAndroid
03-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I wonder if Edwards would still be here and playing well if they put an oline in front of him. You see Detroit toying with the future of Stafford by not giving him adequate protection. If Tyron Smith is there when they pick and they pass....

BuffaloBlitz83
03-05-2011, 12:22 PM
I wonder if Edwards would still be here and playing well if they put an oline in front of him. You see Detroit toying with the future of Stafford by not giving him adequate protection. If Tyron Smith is there when they pick and they
pass....

Stafford is fragile

BUFF Bills
03-05-2011, 04:44 PM

wasn't it acutally 4-0 before trent got got?

PTI
03-06-2011, 03:28 PM
wasn't it acutally 4-0 before trent got got?

4-0, then 5-1.

Joe Fo Sho
03-06-2011, 07:18 PM

Was he? A come from behind victory over the Rams and the Raiders, wins versus the Jags and Seahawks... Those were the worst teams in the league that year. Trent benefitted from looking decent versus terrible teams. Truth is, he was average vs bad teams, terrible vs good ones.

ublinkwescore
03-06-2011, 07:24 PM

Wasn't it 4-0 - Seattle, Jacksonville, St. Louis and Oakland.

BillsWin
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM

His numbers weren't that great and he was helped out a lot by mediocre opponents. He was playing OK. Great is a strong word.

Tatonka
03-06-2011, 11:20 PM
kaepernick is the guy i would love to get.. i dont see how the qbs ahead of him are that much better.. kaepernick can run, has a great arm, accuracy, smarts, and isnt a douche like several of the others rated above him... i like him a lot.. i think he would do well learning behind fitz next season.

TigerJ
03-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Kaepernick is one of several I'm interested in. I think he has a lot of upside once he gets his mechanics straightened out a bit. I also think Locker might be able to get his accuracy fixed if he finally gets some decent QB coaching. If he does, he's got lots of great qualities as a QB. Same with Ponder if he can get and stay healthy. My perspective in this draft is that if even the guys who are rated first rounders have significant issues they need to deal with before they can become successful NFL QBs, why take a first rounder when some second andand third round picks have similar upside? I know Draftboy's perspective is why take anybody? That's a valid perspective too.

justasportsfan
03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
IMO, a franchise qb will come out from the mid to late picks. Question is, which one? Another thing to consider is that the bills wanted a project qb from last year and they got one in Levi . Are they going to try and find another Levi again?