PDA

View Full Version : JC's Mock 1.0

JCBills
03-08-2011, 02:45 AM
It somewhat relies on the fact that we're picking so early in the round. Some of the guys obviously might not be there when that pick comes around, I'll be adding alternative picks in the next one.

1. (#3) Marcell Dareus DE Alabama JR 6'3'' 319 Lbs

2. (#34) Justin Houston OLB Georgia JR 6'3'' 270 Lbs

3. (#68) James Carpenter OT/OG Alabama SR 6'4'' 321 Lbs

4. (#99) Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU SR 6'2'' 250 Lbs

4. (#121) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida SR 6'6'' 330 Lbs

5. (#130) Jeron Johnson SS Boise St SR 5'10'' 212 Lbs

6. (#164) Denarius Moore WR Tennessee SR 6'0'' 194 Lbs

7. (#195) TJ Yates QB UNC SR 6'3'' 219 Lbs

Yeah, that's 6 picks coming from the SEC, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Gailey and Nix talk about getting bigger and stronger, and something like this would do just that. Let me know what you guys think.

tampabay25690
03-08-2011, 08:06 AM
JC I noticed that as well...

Nice draft and would help in many areas.....Why bother drafting another Levi Brown in the 7th though........

Luv the SEC picks........

Im getting ready for my draft probably today or tomorrow which I will post.........
Still don't know who to put in at the Bills #3 spot........Torn between 5 players maybe......

JCBills
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
JC I noticed that as well...

Nice draft and would help in many areas.....Why bother drafting another Levi Brown in the 7th though........

Luv the SEC picks........

Im getting ready for my draft probably today or tomorrow which I will post.........
Still don't know who to put in at the Bills #3 spot........Torn between 5 players maybe......

I think Dareus makes the most sense. He seems like the type that comes around every so often. Both him and Houston have 3-4 experience.

Until we're in the position to draft a long term answer at QB, taking a chance on a guy in the 7th to develop isn't a bad idea. Yates has shown he can play smart, accurate, and effective under pressure. Probably could work out as a career #2.

This draft focuses on a few things. Improve the run D and pass rush, while adding a few quality players and maybe 1 or 2 potential eventual starters on offense.

X-Era
03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
It somewhat relies on the fact that we're picking so early in the round. Some of the guys obviously might not be there when that pick comes around, I'll be adding alternative picks in the next one.

1. (#3) Marcell Dareus DE Alabama JR 6'3'' 319 Lbs

2. (#34) Justin Houston OLB Georgia JR 6'3'' 270 Lbs

3. (#68) James Carpenter OT/OG Alabama SR 6'4'' 321 Lbs

4. (#99) Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU SR 6'2'' 250 Lbs

4. (#121) Marcus Gilbert OT Florida SR 6'6'' 330 Lbs

5. (#130) Jeron Johnson SS Boise St SR 5'10'' 212 Lbs

6. (#164) Denarius Moore WR Tennessee SR 6'0'' 194 Lbs

7. (#195) TJ Yates QB UNC SR 6'3'' 219 Lbs

Yeah, that's 6 picks coming from the SEC, but I wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Gailey and Nix talk about getting bigger and stronger, and something like this would do just that. Let me know what you guys think.

Not bad.

I'm not a big Sheppard fan and I'd rather see Hairston in the 4th than Gilbert. But I do like the Houston and Dareus picks.

To be honest, I'd rather stick with Levi Brown rather than draft another very late round QB.

JCBills
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Not bad.

I'm not a big Sheppard fan and I'd rather see Hairston in the 4th than Gilbert. But I do like the Houston and Dareus picks.

To be honest, I'd rather stick with Levi Brown rather than draft another very late round QB.

7th is always a major shot in the dark. 1-5 is what I focus on. I like Hairston a lot too, there are a few decent 4th-5th round developmental OT prospects this year, I just like the idea of looking at RT in that range and trying to sign a quality starting FA. Some of the later picks will shift with pro days etc.

YardRat
03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Is Martez Wilson still on your board when we pick in the second?

JCBills
03-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Is Martez Wilson still on your board when we pick in the second?
I think the top end of the 3-4 OLBs in this class is much better than the top end of the ILBs, and the ILBs that can be had a little later like Sheppard or a Mario Harvey aren't that much of a dropoff from Wilson. After guys like Houston, Reed, and Sheard, the dropoff at OLB is pretty drastic.

Nighthawk
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
You got to get a QB higher then the 7th round...can't be a winning team without one...doesn't work that way.

JCBills
03-10-2011, 01:33 PM
You got to get a QB higher then the 7th round...can't be a winning team without one...doesn't work that way.

This isn't a very good year for QB. We only have 8 picks, I'd actually say we shouldn't take a QB at all this year, but I think they might take another late one until the top of the draft has quality prospects. We also can't really be a winning team with a dead last ranking in defense. Fitz is fine for a season or two, #32 isn't.

Nighthawk
03-10-2011, 08:20 PM
This isn't a very good year for QB. We only have 8 picks, I'd actually say we shouldn't take a QB at all this year, but I think they might take another late one until the top of the draft has quality prospects. We also can't really be a winning team with a dead last ranking in defense. Fitz is fine for a season or two, #32 isn't.

You cannot win with Fitz...any other thinking is just a dream.

JCBills
03-11-2011, 03:08 AM
You cannot win with Fitz...any other thinking is just a dream.

You cannot win with the league's worst defense. You can win with a middle of the road QB, or at least be competitive. It's all "what ifs", but had Fitz not been forced to try to claw the team back into a competitive standing every game because they're down 3 TDs at the half, we just might have closed out those close losses. You can't win letting up 30 pts a game. You can't win from behind all the time. This is a weak QB class, none of the early to mid round guys seem that worth it. The earliest I'd look at a guy is Stanzi in the 4th, maybe pushed to the team's 2nd 4th rounder.