Hawk's parameters; will a Poz deal be similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Hawk's parameters; will a Poz deal be similar?

The latest news, sports, obituaries, business, entertainment and more from the Green Bay area.

Hawk’s contract includes a signing bonus of $8 million, roster bonus of $1.8 million and 2011 base salary of $1.15 million, which means he’ll make $10.95 million in 2011. If the salary cap returns in the same form it’s been since 1994, that $8 million will be prorated over all five seasons for cap calculations, so in 2011 he’ll count $4.55 million against the 2011 cap.

In 2012, he’ll make $4.95 million, with $4.4 million of that in base salary, $300,000 in a roster bonus and $250,000 in a workout bonus.

In 2013, he’ll make $5.45 million ($4.9 million base salary, $300,000 roster bonus and $250,000 workout bonus).

In 2014, he’ll make $5.95 million ($4.9 million base, $800,000 roster bonus and $250,000 workout bonus).

And in 2015 he’ll make $6.45 million ($5.4 million base salary, $800,000 roster bonus and $250,000 workout bonus).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably real close to the type of money Poz will be looking for. He won't be cheap. Is he worth it?
    Last edited by X-Era; 03-08-2011, 06:17 AM.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hawk's parameters; will a Poz deal be similar?

No
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
      • Sep 2003

Hell no! By Poz.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
        • Jul 2003

They are similar players. Poz has struggled with injuries more which has hurt his productivity.

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

It's good to know how much Poz won't be making.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

why not.. its not my money.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
              why not.. its not my money.
              Exactly. I stopped caring about Ralph's wallett a few years ago.

Unfortunately, that may very well be the going rate.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Poz will get a little less than that due to his injury history and probably have more bonuses and incentives in the contract. I hope they keep him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Cut Maybin, Kelsay, and Evans, don't sign Pos and Whitner use that money on players who might make a difference.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                    Cut Maybin, Kelsay, and Evans, don't sign Pos and Whitner use that money on players who might make a difference.
                    Theoretically I have no issue with this... I'd say that you're requesting significant upgrades.

But the question then becomes who. And the bulk of the guys that would seem like significant upgrades got tagged or may be restricted and won't hit the market.

At that point, I'd rather pay the guys we have and add youth that can push or bench them in the near future. Notice I said bench, not cut. I want us to have solid depth at most positions... especially on our injury prone team.

Time for Ralph and Co. to put up or shut up. This is a talent depleted 4 and 12 team. You better spend to keep what you have, spend to make serious upgrades, and draft well. Anything less is more of the same IMO.
                    Last edited by X-Era; 03-08-2011, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
                      http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.co...r/?s=a.j.+hawk

Hawk’s contract includes a signing bonus of $8 million, roster bonus of $1.8 million and 2011 base salary of $1.15 million, which means he’ll make $10.95 million in 2011. If the salary cap returns in the same form it’s been since 1994, that $8 million will be prorated over all five seasons for cap calculations, so in 2011 he’ll count $4.55 million against the 2011 cap.

In 2012, he’ll make $4.95 million, with $4.4 million of that in base salary, $300,000 in a roster bonus and $250,000 in a workout bonus.

In 2013, he’ll make $5.45 million ($4.9 million base salary, $300,000 roster bonus and $250,000 workout bonus).

In 2014, he’ll make $5.95 million ($4.9 million base, $800,000 roster bonus and $250,000 workout bonus).

And in 2015 he’ll make $6.45 million ($5.4 million base salary, $800,000 roster bonus and $250,000 workout bonus).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably real close to the type of money Poz will be looking for. He won't be cheap. Is he worth it?
                      heck no.

Comment

• Mahdi
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ickybaluky
                        They are similar players. Poz has struggled with injuries more which has hurt his productivity.
                        both white?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          both white?
                          I think they are similar players. Both are run-down ILB who struggle on passing downs.

The biggest difference between the two is that Hawk has been healthy and he plays on a better team.

Hawk has played 80 games in 5 years to Posluszny's 45 games in 4 years. That will hurt his value because reliability is important at that position.

Comment

Working...
                          X