PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown asked a question

Extremebillsfan247
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
What if Cam Newton, and Nick Fairley are off the board by #3? That would mean Bowers, Peterson, Dareus, and Gabbert are all going to be sitting there at 3 among other very talented prospects. Who would you roll with if you were in Nix's shoes with that predicament? I'm interested in reading your opinions on this.

Mindbender
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
1. Dareus
2. Peterson.

k-oneputt
03-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Dareus, Bowers, Gabbert, Peterson in that order.

Everyone knows all the opinions as they are in every thread made both plus and minuses.

Extremebillsfan247
03-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Dareus, Bowers, Gabbert, Peterson in that order.

Everyone knows all the opinions as they are in every thread made both plus and minuses.Everyone also knows that opinions change over time. But, thanks for your input. Go Bills.

Bills Juggernaut
03-08-2011, 10:29 AM
I really think that is a great scenario for us.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I know I hate when others do this and I know it's not as easy as just saying it, but I would really look hard to trade down.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
If Cam is gone, that leaves Gabbert as the only "top 10" qb left and instantly makes him a hot commodity. With Cincy right behind us and needing a QB with the whole Palmer disaster going on, any team after them will not have a shot at a franchise QB and might be willing to give up a second round pick to jump ahead on Cincy.<o:p></o:p>

Arizona, San Fran, Tenn, Wash-- all teams that could be potential trading partners.

Depending on where we fall with the trade, at least one of Peterson, Miller, Daruis, Quinn, Jordan, will still be there.

That would give us 2 high second round draft choices and we could grab Martez Wilson, and Kyle Rudolph.

better days
03-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Everyone also knows that opinions change over time. But, thanks for your input. Go Bills.

You are right about that. I was totally against Locker period, now I would not hate him in the 2nd.

EDS
03-08-2011, 10:33 AM
What if Cam Newton, and Nick Fairley are off the board by #3? That would mean Bowers, Peterson, Dareus, and Gabbert are all going to be sitting there at 3 among other very talented prospects. Who would you roll with if you were in Nix's shoes with that predicament? I'm interested in reading your opinions on this.

This would be probably be the best case scenario for the Bills.

If I am making the pick, it will depend in large part on what kind of defense I plan on running. If 4-3, then I take Bowers at #3 and maybe Phil Taylor in the second. If 3-4, then probably Dareus at #3 and cross my fingers about filling in the linebacker corps.

Ed
03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
This is easy. I'd take Dareus, but would be fine with Peterson also. I want nothing to do with Fairley anyway.

I think you could throw Von Miller and Quinn into the mix too.

The Jokeman
03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm starting to join the Dareus bandwagon.

Ed
03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I'm starting to join the Dareus bandwagon.
Me too. I think he's one of the safest picks at the top and we really can't afford another bust.

mayotm
03-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I would be OK with Dareus, Peterson or Miller at three. I don' t want Newton, Bowers, Fairley or Gabbert.

Tatonka
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
a trade down in this draft would be huge.. we could get a great DL, LB, TE, and QB

k-oneputt
03-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Everyone also knows that opinions change over time. But, thanks for your input. Go Bills.

Maybe yours, not mine. I'm going off of what I have watched the last couple of years of college football.
Some guys improve their draft position with good combine numbers, but I still like the same guys I liked before the 40's .

THRILLHO
03-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I am selecting Gabbert. Draft a QB while we still have a starting QB on the roster, let Gabbert learn for the year. This is a deep draft for D-line so we can take one with our second rounder as some of the top prospects are sure to drop.

Mski
03-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Peterson please

TacklingDummy
03-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Which ever one the Bills pick will turn out to be the wrong one in hindsight.

X-Era
03-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Assuming the Bills think Gabbert is NOT worthy of the 3 pick:

1) Bowers
2) Dareus
3) Peterson

If the Bills think Gabbert is worthy of the 3 pick:

1) Gabbert
2) Bowers
3) Dareus

SABURZFAN
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Peterson.

he's a Day 1 starter and he helps with ST.

Bill Cody
03-08-2011, 05:01 PM
I just hope they are bold with this draft. It concerns me a bit that Gailey said something to the effect that you can't take a chance on trading down for a QB because you'd risk losing him. I hate that attitude. Wheel. Deal. Add picks. Don't marry a specific player. Build this ****ing rotten roster up with a boatload of quality players. I'm kind of warming up to the idea of trying to work our way down with a couple trades into the low 20's, draft Locker and then load up on D after that.

TigerJ
03-08-2011, 06:43 PM
I wouldn't be at all disappointed in that scenario. I'm not especially interested in Buffalo drafting a QB at #3, so having Carolina or Denver take Newton simply means another player will be available. I like Fairley's disruptiveness, but I think Bowers can be a fit in a 3-4, Dareus is going to be a very productive player. Peterson should be a great CB. I'd be thrilled if Buffalo could trade down a few places and get Cameron Jordan. In short, there are lots of good options for Buffalo in that situation.

YardRat
03-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Dareus, hands down.

Bowers isn't a good fit, Peterson is good but we need linemen first, and Gabbert isn't worth the #3.

mikemac2001
03-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Dareus, hands down.

Bowers isn't a good fit, Peterson is good but we need linemen first, and Gabbert isn't worth the #3.

same thought....id take peterson bc we did draft 2 dline last year and CB's are showing nothing (i know good pash rush good run D helps Dbs)

but if he is a homerun and they arnt confident with the dline or feel they can get a solid one in the 2nd i could live with it