Runs 40 in 5.37, 26 inch vertical.

That's all I know so far.

Dr. Lecter
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
That 40 time is almost Lecter-esque

DraftBoy
03-08-2011, 12:04 PM
That 40 time is almost Lecter-esque

Im more concerned with the splits, specifically 10 yard.

Dr. Lecter
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Im more concerned with the splits, specifically 10 yard.
I don't disagree, but that is a pretty slow time.

I doubt the 10 yard time will be that great nor will the shuttle or other drills.

Bill Cody
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM

I doubt the 10 yard time will be that great nor will the shuttle or other drills.

Wow. That's going to hurt him. Someone (not you) was comparing this guy to Drew Bledsoe except more mobile. Not so sure about that. Drew Bledsoe ran a 4.7 40. 5.37 is nose tackle slow. And you're right. His ten yard #'s won't be good either. I doubt he runs fast for 10 yards and then gets tired over the next 30. Of course he's supposed to have smoked a bunch of grass so maybe he does.

DraftBoy
03-08-2011, 12:23 PM
People are misunderstanding my comments about wanting to his 10 yard time, its not because I think it will be fast, I think it will be worse than his 40 time. For example;

Pat Devlin ran a 4.81 and his 10 yard # was 1.67

Kenrick Ellis (who weighs 346 pounds) ran a 5.19 with a 10 yd split of 1.84.

If Mallett can't beat that...then...wow.

Tatonka
03-08-2011, 12:52 PM
he is a tool anyway.. i would be so disappointed if we took him.

The King
03-08-2011, 12:53 PM
How fast did he pack a bowl and rip it?

mikemac2001
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
1st rd = pissed
2nd rd - Eh
3rd Rd - Pleased

he is the best passer in the draft......but doesnt mean he is the best QB

The King
03-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Isnt Mallet 6'7"?

Pinkerton Security
03-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Wow...thats really slow...most linemen beat that. Not that I think it correlates in any way to how a QB will fare, but im just shocked hes that slow haha

Bill Cody
03-08-2011, 01:32 PM
1st rd = pissed
2nd rd - Eh
3rd Rd - Pleased

he is the best passer in the draft......but doesnt mean he is the best QB

Define best passer. If you mean "the guy that if he is allowed to take a 5-7 step drop and not have to move one bit from that spot" I think you're probably right. Because he could literally be the worst passer in the draft on the move. I see a guy who will come in with a smug attitude like JP did and piss everyone on his team off before he's taken a snap.

If you're going to be a statue in today's NFL you damn well better have a Dan Marino like release. I just don't see that from Mallet. Thinking of a word that rhymes with "lust".

mikemac2001
03-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Define best passer. If you mean "the guy that if he is allowed to take a 5-7 step drop and not have to move one bit from that spot" I think you're probably right. Because he could literally be the worst passer in the draft on the move. I see a guy who will come in with a smug attitude like JP did and piss everyone on his team off before he's taken a snap.

If you're going to be a statue in today's NFL you damn well better have a Dan Marino like release. I just don't see that from Mallet. Thinking of a word that rhymes with "lust".

He throws the best ball in the best spots

he can rip a defense apart with his passing but under pressure any QB will fold.

EDS
03-08-2011, 01:43 PM

he can rip a defense apart with his passing but under pressure any QB will fold.

Dude would be a deadman behind the Bills o-line.

Bill Cody
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM

If we had hall of famers at every OL position I'd be with you. Sadly we don't. Pass.

mikemac2001
03-08-2011, 02:05 PM
If we had hall of famers at every OL position I'd be with you. Sadly we don't. Pass.

not saying draft the guy

but if he has time he throws the best ball

id rather not draft a QB this year but if we got him in the 3rd i would be ok with the pick. anything above that not a great pick

(he won't last until 3rd)

also i would prefer locker over him just because of his mobility in later rounds. (who i think throws a good ball on the run)

ddaryl
03-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Dude would be a deadman behind the Bills o-line.

or most any line in the NFL. Some mobility is key to survival.

and we never will.

Wow...thats really slow...most linemen beat that. Not that I think it correlates in any way to how a QB will fare, but im just shocked hes that slow haha

it does correlate when the opposing 350 lb DT is gaining on you

TacklingDummy
03-08-2011, 02:10 PM
I don't really care how slow/fast he is. What i care about is his head and throwing shoulder. Dan Marino wasn't fast neither was Jim Kelly.

DraftBoy
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't really care how slow/fast he is. What i care about is his head and throwing shoulder. Dan Marino wasn't fast neither was Jim Kelly.

Both would be considered burners if they raced him though.

patmoran2006
03-08-2011, 02:57 PM
he is a tool anyway.. i would be so disappointed if we took him.
I really, really wouldn't be worried about that happening.

baalworship
03-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, that is horrible. And I remember his pocket presence looked bad as well. No to Mallett in any round. I hope the Dolphins draft him.

SABURZFAN
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Runs 40 in 5.37, 26 inch vertical.

That's all I know so far.

that's brutal. is he out of shape?

Dr. Who
03-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Bucky Brooks of NFL.com posted a blog noting the abysmal 40 time, yet glowing about the throwing performance. Brooks speculates Mallett may have gotten himself back into the end of the first round. For what it's worth . . .

TigerJ
03-08-2011, 04:44 PM

Agreed. If he's that slow in the forty. He's not going to set any records in the ten yard split.

Bill Cody
03-08-2011, 04:52 PM
not saying draft the guy

but if he has time he throws the best ball

id rather not draft a QB this year but if we got him in the 3rd i would be ok with the pick. anything above that not a great pick

(he won't last until 3rd)

also i would prefer locker over him just because of his mobility in later rounds. (who i think throws a good ball on the run)

I dunno. That 3rd stringer from UConn with the trick video throws a nice ball with unlimited time. Just sayin.:;

You're right about Locker. Now that is a guy with arm and mobility. So so mechanics but not a dick like Mallet. Much much rather have Locker.