PDA

View Full Version : Bills seeking versatility up front

justasportsfan
03-08-2011, 12:30 PM
We’re still drafting for a 3-4 scheme and we will, but there are times where you get a guy like Kyle Williams,” said Nix. “I don’t care what defense you’re playing you need to get guys like that in a position to make plays and that’s what we’ll do. If we had to kick it down to an under front and let a guy play in a three-technique (outside shade of guard) instead of a five (outside shade of tackle) that’s easily done. These guys are football players and they make plays. Your scheme has got to be adaptable enough to get them in a place to let them play.”

Nix has stated this offseason that he believes his team needs to add two more defensive ends, which has become all the more pressing in the wake of the Marcus Stroud release.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-seeking-versatility-up-front/c6d43749-e248-45d5-bb27-b4d8ef90ca3d

Dareus!Dareus!Dareus!

DraftBoy
03-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Been saying it for months.

justasportsfan
03-08-2011, 12:37 PM

No you di'int . You've been telling us we should draft Mallet at 3.

DraftBoy
03-08-2011, 12:39 PM
No you di'int . You've been telling us we should draft Mallet at 3.

If I still had the power to ban you, I would.

justasportsfan
03-08-2011, 12:42 PM
If I still had the power to ban you, I would.

I will never be banned. I'm an icon.

ddaryl
03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
pass rush and stopping the run are a massve priority.

FlyingDutchman
03-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I want Dareus but I could see Bowers being taken if hes available. He has that versatility theyre looking for but some on his injuries concern me

JCBills
03-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Dareus and Houston? DE/DT and OLB/DE, I'd say that would be getting versatility out of two DEs.

EDS
03-08-2011, 01:44 PM
I am glad to hear Buddy Nix acknowledging the need for more talent on the defensive line.

The Jokeman
03-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Dareus and Houston? DE/DT and OLB/DE, I'd say that would be getting versatility out of two DEs.
That be quite a big 1/2 but think Houston will go somewhere in the 1st Round. Yet have read there's some concerns of Houston being an impact player but I'd be fine taking him in Round 2 but just get an ill feeling that New England would take him at pick #33.

psubills62
03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
While this obviously points towards Dareus or Bowers (if Nix believes what he said about him), it's still impossible to read into anything they say at this point. Is it probably true that they need DE's? Sure, but it doesn't mean they have to draft one at #3. That being said, I'd love for them to draft Dareus.

In round 2...I have a feeling Brooks Reed's name will be in play.

JCBills
03-08-2011, 02:17 PM
That be quite a big 1/2 but think Houston will go somewhere in the 1st Round. Yet have read there's some concerns of Houston being an impact player but I'd be fine taking him in Round 2 but just get an ill feeling that New England would take him at pick #33.

Yeah, Houston could be gone, but hopefully with us picking so early in the round he'll be there. All I know is we need D help, and Merriman returning to form is far from a sure thing.

While this obviously points towards Dareus or Bowers (if Nix believes what he said about him), it's still impossible to read into anything they say at this point. Is it probably true that they need DE's? Sure, but it doesn't mean they have to draft one at #3. That being said, I'd love for them to draft Dareus.

In round 2...I have a feeling Brooks Reed's name will be in play.

I have Reed as the alternative pick if Houston is gone. He had an impressive combine, and could fit nicely.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-08-2011, 02:43 PM

As have I, I've been one his jock since November. Never liked Fairley over him.

Michael82
03-08-2011, 03:52 PM
This means that the Bills are either targeting Dareus or Bowers and I would love either of them! :drool:

Oh and for the people that said it's a screen, keep in mind that before the draft last year, Nix kept talking about needing a fast, waterbug, scatback type running back with good speed, hands and look who he ended up drafting...CJ Spiller. Buddy Nix doesn't lie, he's an honest man. I wouldn't be surprised if he's basically telling us right now that he's targeting a guy like Dareus or Bowers and that's who he drafts.

Mr. Miyagi
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
I will never be banned. I'm an icon.
And an entertainer.