PDA

View Full Version : I feel Mallet and Locker are the best QB's in next level of the class

BuffaloBlitz83
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Locker is coachable and has all the tools. I think a guy like Chan can do wonders with him. I really feel Jake's biggest flaw is his stance. His feet are too tight, needs more a wide stance. I think the kid can be a big time QB if coached properly.

And Ryan Mallet is the best pure passer in the draft. Protect him, coach him. You will have a very good QB. You just need to ask yourself, is he a headcase or just a kid that made a mistake. Distinguish if you think he can be the face of your franchise.

But these 2 QB's are my favorites than Cam and Stanzi

kingJofNYC
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I think Locker is terrible, his stance has nothing to do with his inability to read a defense, or throw consistently in windows. Dude is Trent Edwards with better tools.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
I think Locker is terrible, his stance has nothing to do with his inability to read a defense, or throw consistently in windows. Dude is Trent Edwards with better tools.

Why Trent Edwards lol

mikemac2001
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Locker > Trent

Don't bull**** a bull****ter

Extremebillsfan247
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Locker is coachable and has all the tools. I think a guy like Chan can do wonders with him. I really feel Jake's biggest flaw is his stance. His feet are too tight, needs more a wide stance. I think the kid can be a big time QB if coached properly.

And Ryan Mallet is the best pure passer in the draft. Protect him, coach him. You will have a very good QB. You just need to ask yourself, is he a headcase or just a kid that made a mistake. Distinguish if you think he can be the face of your franchise.

But these 2 QB's are my favorites than Cam and StanziI think Mallet might go a lot higher in this draft than a lot of people expect. He throws really well, someone is going to take a chance on him just like Denver did with Tebow.

kingJofNYC
03-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Why Trent Edwards lol

Because he's just that bad.

Trent couldn't read a D, neither can Locker.

Locker is a turd. Nice guy though!

baalworship
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I am sick of quarterbacks on the Bills with terrible pocket presence. No to both.

Philagape
03-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm sick of million-dollar arms and ten-cent heads.

Bert102176
03-09-2011, 03:40 PM
if locker is there in the third I would take him

Mike13
03-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Mallet reminds me of Chad Henne, god I hope we dont pick him.

Prov401
03-09-2011, 09:55 PM
Mallett is the best QB in this draft, period.

Prov401
03-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Mallet reminds me of Chad Henne, god I hope we dont pick him.

Yea, except Chad Henne times 5.

Prov401
03-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I think Mallet might go a lot higher in this draft than a lot of people expect. He throws really well, someone is going to take a chance on him just like Denver did with Tebow.

I'm betting Seattle drafts him. I wouldn't be surprised if teams move up to get him. His stock has definitely risen.

Mike13
03-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Yea, except Chad Henne times 5

They have alot of the same flaws.
They lock on to the WRs, they cant play under pressure, they have accuracy issues, inconsistant, etc.

Extremebillsfan247
03-10-2011, 12:26 AM
I think Locker is terrible, his stance has nothing to do with his inability to read a defense, or throw consistently in windows. Dude is Trent Edwards with better tools.The only similarity between Edwards and Locker in my opinion is that they both played for terrible teams in College. When Edwards was at Stanford, that team was horrible. Locker never had a winning season at Washington. Locker is more fearless, has a stronger arm, and is a lot more mobile than Edwards is. A better comparison to an old Bills QB would be a mix between Brohm and Losman with a little more accuracy. But Locker is potentially better than both. JMO

Prov401
03-10-2011, 01:41 AM
They have alot of the same flaws.
They lock on to the WRs, they cant play under pressure, they have accuracy issues, inconsistant, etc.

Disagreeing big time on the 'accuracy issues'.

I will say that I am not that high on any of the QB's this year. Last year, the only QB I was ever interested in was Bradford, and there wasn't a shot to get him. This year, nobody stands out to me, and everybody seems to be a work in progress. I wouldn't draft any of the QB's in the first round. But, hypothetically (obviously will never happen), if Newton, Gabbert, Mallett, Locker, etc. all fell to the 3rd round. I'd be most comfortable with taking the most NFL ready QB, which IMO is Mallett.

Onto Goldie Locks: Against four top-35 defenses (Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma State and Navy) Gabbert completed just 46.3 percent of his attempts for an average of 208.5 yards. The Tigers lost all those games. I hate that nobody hyped this kid up until about a month and a half ago. Gabbert reminds me of David Carr. Pass.

Locker is too raw, and some believe Newton has some serious mechanical issues. He overthrew probably 10 times in the combine and his pro day.

Mallett has looked spectacular. Obviously, nobody is rushing him on any of the drills, and it isn't a game like atmosphere, but the guy comes from a pro style offense, and has beautiful touch. He isn't perfect, and can definitely become better. But if any of these QB's had to start a season from day 1, Mallett would be the one to flourish IMO.

JCBills
03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Disagreeing big time on the 'accuracy issues'.

He completed 55.8% of his passes in 09. He has one season above 60%. He's sailed a few in big moments, though he has shown he can be surgical with the ball at times. It's a consistency issue.

Prov401
03-10-2011, 03:16 AM
He completed 55.8% of his passes in 09. He has one season above 60%. He's sailed a few in big moments, though he has shown he can be surgical with the ball at times. It's a consistency issue.

And that one season he had over 60% was last season... 64.7% to be exact. I will admit, he has a little Bret Favre in him where he slings the ball under pressure, and sometimes it results in a pick. But things like that can be worked on. He has steadily gotten better each year.