PDA

View Full Version : Dareus just makes too much sense...

Pinkerton Security
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
He is big, strong, quick for a big guy can play both DT and 3-4 DE and is one of the clear studs in the draft. Im really hoping we draft thus guy.

Bangarang
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
The fact that he makes too much means we will not. We have a reputation to uphold here.

ddaryl
03-09-2011, 02:40 PM
if he is there definitely

ferg2butler
03-09-2011, 02:47 PM
^ this

NOT THE DUDE...
03-09-2011, 03:17 PM
i think i would take newton but you cant go wrong with dareus...

dareus would anchor the d, but newton would win us a superbowl...

baalworship
03-09-2011, 03:20 PM
As a Newton proponent I would not be unhappy if we ended up with Dareus. Absolute beast. It would be fun seeing little Woodhead try to run on us with Dareus meeting him at the line of scrimmage.

DraftBoy
03-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Killed it in his Pro Day apparently.

Extremebillsfan247
03-09-2011, 03:37 PM
He is big, strong, quick for a big guy can play both DT and 3-4 DE and is one of the clear studs in the draft. Im really hoping we draft thus guy.It's almost too perfect. This draft is starting to remind me an awful lot of the 2002 draft.

Michael82
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
It makes so much sense, but he probably won't be there for the Bills to take. :(

tampabay25690
03-09-2011, 04:05 PM

U bet Chan was there at Bama Pro Day if I had to guess....

tampabay25690
03-09-2011, 04:06 PM
It makes so much sense, but he probably won't be there for the Bills to take. :(

Mikey in my latest mock I have him going 2nd to Denver.

scartown
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Here's some video of his pro day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GcLun3Havw&feature=player_embedded

Extremebillsfan247
03-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Here's some video of his pro day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GcLun3Havw&feature=player_embeddedI watched it live. He and Fairley did really good, the rest of that group was hard to watch though. lol

ublinkwescore
03-09-2011, 04:54 PM
i think i would take newton but you cant go wrong with dareus...

dareus would anchor the d, but newton would win us a superbowl...

Defense wins championships. Dareus is the right call.

If we could build a stud D like we had the last time we were in the playoffs, Fitzpatrick could be a superbowl winning QB - no question. But Dareus could very well be the MVP of that Superbowl.

Prov401
03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Mikey in my latest mock I have him going 2nd to Denver.

I think it was reported Denver spent a great amount of time with Fairley at Auburn's pro day yesterday.

And Fairley also killed it. So hopefully Carolina takes Newton or Bowers, and Denver picks Fairley. Because Dareus fits the Bills more than Fairley.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Defense wins championships. Dareus is the right call.

If we could build a stud D like we had the last time we were in the playoffs, Fitzpatrick could be a superbowl winning QB - no question. But Dareus could very well be the MVP of that Superbowl.

a franchise qb like big ben would get us there way quicker and would keep us good for a longer time....

ublinkwescore
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
but big ben has a defense to where all he has to do is manage a game.

X-Era
03-09-2011, 06:10 PM
He is big, strong, quick for a big guy can play both DT and 3-4 DE and is one of the clear studs in the draft. Im really hoping we draft thus guy.He makes plenty of sense, but so do about 4 other picks.

Philagape
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
a franchise qb like big ben would get us there way quicker and would keep us good for a longer time....

I didn't know Big Ben was available! Hide your daughters!

NOT THE DUDE...
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
but big ben has a defense to where all he has to do is manage a game.

how many superbowls did pitt win before ben? thankyou...

Borosai
03-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Picking Dareus simply feels right to me. Hopefully he's there.

JCBills
03-10-2011, 01:26 AM

Uhh...4?

How many super bowls has Pitt won without a top notch defense?

This is a weak QB class, and while the league would indicate that sooner or later you're going to want a 1st round QB prospect, it doesn't mean they have to be a top 5 pick. We have an awful defense. Use that top 5 pick on a much safer prospect, and focus on the D early. We need to be able to keep ourselves in games, take pressure off of the QB.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 08:02 AM

More importantly he killed it playing the actual games for a couple of years at Alabama.

Philagape
03-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I think there's a good chance he'll be there at 3.
I bet Carolina will want to make a high-profile splash and take Newton, Fairley or maybe even AJ Green if they don't give up on Clausen.
Denver and Bowers are a perfect fit with them going back to the 4-3.

alohabillsfan
03-10-2011, 11:06 AM

WOW! Really, are 10 years old. ROFLMFAO!!!!

psubills62
03-10-2011, 11:14 AM
I think there's a good chance he'll be there at 3.
I bet Carolina will want to make a high-profile splash and take Newton, Fairley or maybe even AJ Green if they don't give up on Clausen.
Denver and Bowers are a perfect fit with them going back to the 4-3.

I could see Denver wanting a DT. They've got Ayers and Dumervil as their DE's currently. I think they'll be deciding between Dareus, Peterson, and possibly Fairley.

DraftBoy
03-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Keep in mind Dareus's production was almost exclusively in his final 6 games (around 85%) it took him 4 games after suspension to work himself back into shape. There are conditioning and weight concerns with him.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Keep in mind Dareus's production was almost exclusively in his final 6 games (around 85%) it took him 4 games after suspension to work himself back into shape. There are conditioning and weight concerns with him.

What are you talking about. The kid played as both as a Freshman, and as a Sophmore and played well. Also dominated in the bowl games he played in.

Bling
03-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Will be a good pickup for the Bills

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Ben is not available.

Thank you.

DraftBoy
03-10-2011, 03:22 PM
What are you talking about. The kid played as both as a Freshman, and as a Sophmore and played well. Also dominated in the bowl games he played in.

What did he do in his Junior year immediately following his suspension? You cant just look at what you like about a prospect and ignore potential issues.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 05:26 PM
What did he do in his Junior year immediately following his suspension? You cant just look at what you like about a prospect and ignore potential issues.

Um, um dominate the bowl game against Mich. St. ?

We could do a lot worse if we passed on him.

Do you have any Sunbelt guys that we could draft at #3 instead ?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Uhh...4?

How many super bowls has Pitt won without a top notch defense?

This is a weak QB class, and while the league would indicate that sooner or later you're going to want a 1st round QB prospect, it doesn't mean they have to be a top 5 pick. We have an awful defense. Use that top 5 pick on a much safer prospect, and focus on the D early. We need to be able to keep ourselves in games, take pressure off of the QB.

im talking about the bill cowher steelers, they never had a franchise qb, but had a great d and couldnt win the big one...

DraftBoy
03-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Um, um dominate the bowl game against Mich. St. ?

We could do a lot worse if we passed on him.

Do you have any Sunbelt guys that we could draft at #3 instead ?

Do you know how long his suspension was? 2 games.

So explain how immediately after his suspension suddenly becomes his bowl game?

Im not advocating passing on Dareus, but if you are only going to look at a kid's pros and not his cons then you are asking to take another Aaron Maybin, or Erik Flowers.

Have no fear though they are at least from big conferences! Those guys never fail!

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 08:10 PM
So he was suspended for two games, you don't think anyone knows about that ?
Maybe we should pass on him then.
Making a big deal about nothing.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 07:26 AM
So he was suspended for two games, you don't think anyone knows about that ?
Maybe we should pass on him then.
Making a big deal about nothing.

Have you completely missed the point? This isnt about his suspension its about his conditioning after his suspension. What did he do with his time off? Did he stay in shape, did he work out?

Dareus came back in poor shape and it took him four games to get back into shape. He was nowhere near the same player early on this season that he was in his Bowl Game.

That's a concern to watch out for. Im not saying dont draft him because of it, Im actually one of the biggest people supporting taking him, but its a mistake to just dismiss the facts without at least taking them all in.

Not one prospect in this draft has nothing but positives to his game, which is why there are no "elite" talents in this draft.

Mad Bomber
03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
I would LOVE to have this guy.

ublinkwescore
03-15-2011, 01:59 PM
BUMP!!!