PDA

View Full Version : Dear Buddy and Chan,

ublinkwescore
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
We are tired of seeing our Defense being unable to get off the field - if you really want to keep your jobs, I strongly suggest you draft Marcel Dareus. if we draft him, and he is a bust, may the Bills Zone ban me for like a month.

That is all, get back to focusing on the draft.

Your pal,
Ublinkwescore

ServoBillieves
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Just. Not. Newton.

Bangarang
03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
That's what's funny about this place. If we draft Newton and he busts, then we're doomed and we're going to suck again for 10 years. If we draft Dareus and he busts, then oh well, at least we tried.

ublinkwescore
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
That's what's funny about this place. If we draft Newton and he busts, then we're doomed and we're going to suck again for 10 years. If we draft Dareus and he busts, then oh well, at least we tried.

that's the approach I'd rather see us take - #3 overall is too early for any QB in this draft - we're in a prime position to get a QB in the second - Christian Ponder anyone?

Bangarang
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
that's the approach I'd rather see us take - #3 overall is too early for any QB in this draft - we're in a prime position to get a QB in the second - Christian Ponder anyone?

I agree with this, but the notion that because we draft a defensive player at #3 and we'll lead the league in stopping the run, QB sacks, and turnovers is just the vibe I get from some.

X-Era
03-09-2011, 05:06 PM
We are tired of seeing our Defense being unable to get off the field - if you really want to keep your jobs, I strongly suggest you draft Marcel Dareus. if we draft him, and he is a bust, may the Bills Zone ban me for like a month.

That is all, get back to focusing on the draft.

Your pal,
UblinkwescoreDear Buddy and Chan,

When the Bills get to the point that they are a stones throw from a playoff run but it becomes painfully obvious that our QB isn't going to be good enough and will prevent us from making that run, we hope to be able to thank you for having added the guy to take us to the next step. Hopefully you realize that the pursuit of upgrades to our defense and at the quarterback position are not mutually exclusive.

Thanks for being competent,

X

better days
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Well, I am all for trading out of the 3 spot if possible. That eliminates the problem of drafting a bust at 3 & nets at least one additional good player maybe even a couple.

X-Era
03-09-2011, 05:07 PM
That's what's funny about this place. If we draft Newton and he busts, then we're doomed and we're going to suck again for 10 years. If we draft Dareus and he busts, then oh well, at least we tried.One sets us back 5 years, even though we get another 1st rounder the very next year, but the other doesn't... somehow.

So,

Erik Flowers
Mike Williams
John McCargo
JP Losman
Donte Whitner

has set us back 25 years.

better days
03-09-2011, 05:27 PM
One sets us back 5 years, even though we get another 1st rounder the very next year, but the other doesn't... somehow.

So,

Erik Flowers
Mike Williams
John McCargo
JP Losman
Donte Whitner

has set us back 25 years.

How many teams that drafted a bust at QB cut the cord after only one year? Even Leaf & Russell had 3 years before they got the boot. If a player fails at another position, it is much easier to fill in than a QB because a QB is on the field touching the ball on every play while most other positions can share the position.

X-Era
03-09-2011, 05:31 PM
How many teams that drafted a bust at QB cut the cord after only one year? Even Leaf & Russell had 3 years before they got the boot. If a player fails at another position, it is much easier to fill in than a QB because a QB is on the field touching the ball on every play while most other positions can share the position.Aren't the Panthers potentially ready to continue the search the very next year?

ublinkwescore
03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not saying not to grab a QB, I'm saying wait until round 2 to do it.