• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Dear Buddy and Chan,

We are tired of seeing our Defense being unable to get off the field - if you really want to keep your jobs, I strongly suggest you draft Marcel Dareus. if we draft him, and he is a bust, may the Bills Zone ban me for like a month.

That is all, get back to focusing on the draft.

Your pal,
    Ublinkwescore
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Dear Buddy and Chan,

Just. Not. Newton.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Bangarang
      • Sep 2010

That's what's funny about this place. If we draft Newton and he busts, then we're doomed and we're going to suck again for 10 years. If we draft Dareus and he busts, then oh well, at least we tried.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Bangarang
        That's what's funny about this place. If we draft Newton and he busts, then we're doomed and we're going to suck again for 10 years. If we draft Dareus and he busts, then oh well, at least we tried.
        that's the approach I'd rather see us take - #3 overall is too early for any QB in this draft - we're in a prime position to get a QB in the second - Christian Ponder anyone?

Comment

• Bangarang
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
          that's the approach I'd rather see us take - #3 overall is too early for any QB in this draft - we're in a prime position to get a QB in the second - Christian Ponder anyone?
          I agree with this, but the notion that because we draft a defensive player at #3 and we'll lead the league in stopping the run, QB sacks, and turnovers is just the vibe I get from some.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
            We are tired of seeing our Defense being unable to get off the field - if you really want to keep your jobs, I strongly suggest you draft Marcel Dareus. if we draft him, and he is a bust, may the Bills Zone ban me for like a month.

That is all, get back to focusing on the draft.

Your pal,
            Ublinkwescore
            Dear Buddy and Chan,

When the Bills get to the point that they are a stones throw from a playoff run but it becomes painfully obvious that our QB isn't going to be good enough and will prevent us from making that run, we hope to be able to thank you for having added the guy to take us to the next step. Hopefully you realize that the pursuit of upgrades to our defense and at the quarterback position are not mutually exclusive.

Thanks for being competent,

X

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Well, I am all for trading out of the 3 spot if possible. That eliminates the problem of drafting a bust at 3 & nets at least one additional good player maybe even a couple.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bangarang
                One sets us back 5 years, even though we get another 1st rounder the very next year, but the other doesn't... somehow.

So,

Erik Flowers
                Mike Williams
                John McCargo
                JP Losman
                Donte Whitner

has set us back 25 years.
                Last edited by X-Era; 03-09-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                  One sets us back 5 years, even though we get another 1st rounder the very next year, but the other doesn't... somehow.

So,

Erik Flowers
                  Mike Williams
                  John McCargo
                  JP Losman
                  Donte Whitner

has set us back 25 years.
                  How many teams that drafted a bust at QB cut the cord after only one year? Even Leaf & Russell had 3 years before they got the boot. If a player fails at another position, it is much easier to fill in than a QB because a QB is on the field touching the ball on every play while most other positions can share the position.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days
                    How many teams that drafted a bust at QB cut the cord after only one year? Even Leaf & Russell had 3 years before they got the boot. If a player fails at another position, it is much easier to fill in than a QB because a QB is on the field touching the ball on every play while most other positions can share the position.
                    Aren't the Panthers potentially ready to continue the search the very next year?

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                      • Sep 2002

I'm not saying not to grab a QB, I'm saying wait until round 2 to do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X