PDA

View Full Version : Steve Johnson eager to build with Buffalo

Ed
03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I didn't see this posted, but it's an article about Steve Johnson from ESPN. Nothing earth shattering, but it's nice to see Stevie more focused and determined to build off of last season. There's a cool picture of him too that I haven't seen before.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26760/steve-johnson-eager-to-build-with-buffalo

AB4now
03-09-2011, 08:04 PM
it would be fantastic if stevie could grow on a suprising season. he would be one of very few young guys at wideout to come up with the bills. as far as "if" there's a lockout, i would love to see the offense get together on there own for once and show a little umph to grow together.

djjimkelly
03-09-2011, 08:25 PM
love his attitude

finally a player that is truly likable

Jaybird
03-09-2011, 09:08 PM
love his attitude

finally a player that is truly likable

I agree... He was a really great find in the round 7. Lets hope we can find ourselves a few more gems in the later rounds (and not miss on the early ones)

better days
03-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Guys like Stevie & Mike Williams of the Bucs are why you don't waste the #3 pick on a WR. There are plenty of good WR's to be had in later rnds.

JCBills
03-10-2011, 12:13 AM
Guys like Stevie & Mike Williams of the Bucs are why you don't waste the #3 pick on a WR. There are plenty of good WR's to be had in later rnds.

Same with Marques Colston

ServoBillieves
03-10-2011, 01:56 AM
If Buddy and whoever is running the organization after Ralph dies knows what's good for them this offseason, they'll extend Stevie.

Dude can catch, dude can run, dude can score. That's about all you want out of a 7th round WR in his first 5 years, now pay the man and see if he's worth the pay raise.

Ed
03-10-2011, 10:11 AM
We should have given him James Hardy's contract. At least Stevie is making up for that bust of a pick.

malvado78
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't disagree with this statement really but Mike Williams is not a good example.

He could have very well been a high first if he wasn't and idiot. And he continued his idiocracy in the NFL (Read DUI).

Beebe's Kid
03-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Stevie Johnson is awesome, despite dropping 4 balls or so a game. He made Fitzy look so good, and we are lucky to have him. One of the coolest things he did was sandbag when Trent played, so we could get rid of him.

I just hope that he didn't help Fitz, who is a god awful QB.

I can't wait to see how he is going to do when we draft a real QB. He should do awesome since we solved the O-Line issue in week 3 last year...another stroke of luck that this Fitz character fell into.

Seriously...I like Steve Johnson. I hope he does improve this year. I hope he helps the team, and helps himself get a generous pay day to provide for his family. He seems to be on the level, and he is fun to watch.

It is just pathetic to hear people that hope and pray for a new QB, but drool over Johnson.

I wonder how we managed to go from paper thin at WR and OL, to fine in those areas...all we need is a QB. It, apparently, is a very difficult question.

better days
03-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't disagree with this statement really but Mike Williams is not a good example.

He could have very well been a high first if he wasn't and idiot. And he continued his idiocracy in the NFL (Read DUI).

His DUI is much like the talk about him in college unsubstantiated untruths. The Bucs talked to his head coach at Syracuse & he told them Williams was clean & he could not believe he hadn't been drafted up to that point.

While he was pulled over by the cops, after a BLOOD TEST, nothing was found in his blood either drugs or alcohol above the legal limit. Charges were DROPPED.

Many players fall in the draft over the years because of unsubstantiated rumors like those about Williams. As a Bucs fan, I am very happy to have him on the Bucs, but as a Bills fan first, I am disapointed they did not look into it as the Bucs did & draft him.

malvado78
03-10-2011, 03:26 PM
His DUI is much like the talk about him in college unsubstantiated untruths. The Bucs talked to his head coach at Syracuse & he told them Williams was clean & he could not believe he hadn't been drafted up to that point.

While he was pulled over by the cops, after a BLOOD TEST, nothing was found in his blood either drugs or alcohol above the legal limit. Chargers were DROPPED.

I only looked at headlines with the DUI as I don't care about the Bucs really. So i stand corrected. But it was know that he was a good talent and he dropped be cause of alleged character issues...

better days
03-10-2011, 03:29 PM
I only looked at headlines with the DUI as I don't care about the Bucs really. So i stand corrected. But it was know that he was a good talent and he dropped be cause of alleged character issues...

I edited my post to cover that, the key word in your post is ALLEGED. The Bucs investigated & found him clean.