PDA

View Full Version : Ourlads Mock Has A Surprise Pick For The Bills At #3

Night Train
03-10-2011, 05:15 AM
J.J.Watt - DE - Wisconsin ! High Motor ! :rolleyes:

http://ourlads.com/nflmockdrafts/?id=57

I get the Ourlads guide, so this popped up in my e-mail. Passing all those other premium picks for Watt seems HIGHLY unlikely. I wouldn't mind him if we traded down and picked up extra picks.

At #3 ? No way.

Bring on the draft. This speculation and bizarre opinions get worse by the day.

Jeff1220
03-10-2011, 06:50 AM
...and no way Fairley drops to 16.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 07:09 AM
Russ Lande has Dareus as the #1 pick in his new Sporting News mock.
Most would think big deal as Dareus could go #1, except a couple of months ago big 'ol Russ didn't even have him ranked in his top-5 d-tackles.
Somehow over the last couple of months Dareus has improved his game according to this guy. Except he hasn't played since Jan 1st.
I'm convince alot of these half-assed draft guys are just throwing some **** out there hoping it sticks. I don't pay much attention to their opinions anyhow and I can't see Watt at #3. If Levy and Jauron were still here I could see that happening though. He is their type of player.

methos4ever
03-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Don't be surprised to see Watt go high. His explosion numbers (Bench, Broad Jump and Vert) are pretty astounding, coupled with the fact that at his size and his production this year, his upside is pretty ridiculous..

DraftBoy
03-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Most would think big deal as Dareus could go #1, except a couple of months ago big 'ol Russ didn't even have him ranked in his top-5 d-tackles.
Somehow over the last couple of months Dareus has improved his game according to this guy. Except he hasn't played since Jan 1st.
I'm convince alot of these half-assed draft guys are just throwing some **** out there hoping it sticks. I don't pay much attention to their opinions anyhow and I can't see Watt at #3. If Levy and Jauron were still here I could see that happening though. He is their type of player.

This has already been explained to you as to why it is. Please stop trying to rope Russ Lande in with non-reliable people.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 07:43 AM
This has already been explained to you as to why it is. Please stop trying to rope Russ Lande in with non-reliable people.

I've stated my opinion on him. From not even top-5 dt's to #1 pick , please.
I thought he also said Quinn wasn't 1st rd grade ? I beleive he had him 11th-12th in his draft.
Another so called expert. Sorry don't buy it.

psubills62
03-10-2011, 07:52 AM
I've stated my opinion on him. From not even top-5 dt's to #1 pick , please.
I thought he also said Quinn wasn't 1st rd grade ? I beleive he had him 11th-12th in his draft.
Another so called expert. Sorry don't buy it.
Do you really not know the difference between grading players and predicting where they'll go in mock drafts?

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 07:58 AM
That guy couldn't fiqure out that he was one of the best players in the country by watching the games. That's all I need to know about him. He shouldn't need to "watch tape" and "grade" him to see it.
Maybe that's why he is no longer a NFL scout ?????

Raptor
03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
ridicules

psubills62
03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Mayock is high on Watt. Though I think if there's going to be a surprise pick, it will be Cameron Jordan.

alohabillsfan
03-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Yes, lets surprise everyone by taking the 3rd or 4th best DE at #3, Brilliant. Yes random scouts keep tossing darts at the board...

DraftBoy
03-10-2011, 09:11 AM
That guy couldn't fiqure out that he was one of the best players in the country by watching the games. That's all I need to know about him. He shouldn't need to "watch tape" and "grade" him to see it.
Maybe that's why he is no longer a NFL scout ?????

Since when does being a top player in the country matter one bit? You know how many Heisman winners just plain suck in the NFL? Jason White, Ron Dayne, Troy Smith...I could go on if I need to.

The sad part is that you realize all of this, you just like to either ignore it or play like you don't know it so you can hammer the guy even though you know its completely off base and wrong.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Since when does being a top player in the country matter one bit? You know how many Heisman winners just plain suck in the NFL? Jason White, Ron Dayne, Troy Smith...I could go on if I need to.

The sad part is that you realize all of this, you just like to either ignore it or play like you don't know it so you can hammer the guy even though you know its completely off base and wrong.

I'm not ignoring anything. I don't think highly of Lande. If he couldn't tell that Dareus was going to be a top NFL player then thats all I need to know about him.
Where did I say anything about Heisman trophy winners ?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-10-2011, 09:51 AM
hes white, no!

Mr. Miyagi
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
:rofl: JJ Watt at 3.

And I'm a Wisconsin fan.

:rofl:

ferg2butler
03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
If he has a high motor, that's a bonus. Because he is an elite athlete based on the combine numbers. Easily a top-5 talent on those two factors IMO.

I just wonder about his instincts - any opinions on that, I couldn't find much "tape" to show how he plays for a full game. Only highlights

Bill Cody
03-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Maybe he thinks Tom Donahoe is still our GM

Nighthawk
03-10-2011, 12:26 PM

Nobody is reliable...that's a fact.

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 01:22 PM

Russ must be one of his buddies.

He gets pissed when I call him and these other fly by nighters out when they start talking stupid.

JCBills
03-10-2011, 01:36 PM

A couple of months ago Dareus wasn't declared. Most people don't add juniors until the deadline.

DraftBoy
03-10-2011, 03:26 PM

No that's a falsehood that people like the buy into when people who have continually presented good information dont like the information being presented.

Nighthawk
03-10-2011, 08:19 PM
No that's a falsehood that people like the buy into when people who have continually presented good information dont like the information being presented.

Hmmm, good information by who's standards?

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Hmmm, good information by who's standards?

Must be talking about big Russ, you know the guy who graded four more games of Quinn's and is lowering him to the second rd.

psubills62
03-10-2011, 09:11 PM
According to SI.com's Don Banks, Wisconsin DE J.J. Watt is viewed as a top 10 talent "in the eyes of many NFL scouts."

Watt and Cal's Cameron Jordan are ideal fits as five-technique ends in 3-4 schemes. Banks has Watt going to the Patriots at No. 17 in his mock draft, though the Browns (No. 6), the Titans (No. 8), the Cowboys (No. 9), and the Texans (No. 11) "bear watching." Banks also shoots down speculation that the Pats would pass on Watt because of issues with agent Tom Condon, insisting he can't find anyone "who's buying that idea."
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6469/jj-watt

k-oneputt
03-10-2011, 09:45 PM
I've had enough of Big -10 1st rd. picks for a decade.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Im not buying Watt as a top 10 pick, this is like the Kerrigan stuff from pre-all star games. Artificial stock inflation. Somebody is smoke screening hoping a lower team (cough*SD*cough) gets antsy.

better days
03-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Im not buying Watt as a top 10 pick, this is like the Kerrigan stuff from pre-all star games. Artificial stock inflation. Somebody is smoke screening hoping a lower team (cough*SD*cough) gets antsy.

I would take Quinn over Watt myself, what do you think?

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 11:13 AM
I would take Quinn over Watt myself, what do you think?

Close to a push but Quinn's athletic ability gives him the edge for me.

I know Wes Bunting called Quinn the best down DE in this draft, his DE rankings were;

1. Quinn
2. Aldon Smith
3. Da'Quan Bowers

cookie G
03-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Mario Williams 6'7" 295lbs

40 4.7
20 2.77
10 1.60

shuttle 4.37
3 cone 7.21
Bench 35
vertical 40
broad jump 10'00"

JJ Watt 6'5 1/2" 290 lbs.

40 4.81
20 2.71
10 1.64

Shuttle 4.21
3 cone 6.88
Bench 34
vertical 37
Broad jump 10'00"

After the Combine, Mario Williams was considered a rare athlete and by some, a physical freak that ended up as the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Compare the numbers. Its surprising, but Watt stands toe to toe with Super Mario on most, and is actually better in 2 agility drills (shuttle and 3 cone).

Watt's being stereotyped as a high motor white guy and strictly a 3-4 DE.

I bet he can be more.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 01:57 PM
Mario Williams 6'7" 295lbs

40 4.7
20 2.77
10 1.60

shuttle 4.37
3 cone 7.21
Bench 35
vertical 40
broad jump 10'00"

JJ Watt 6'5 1/2" 290 lbs.

40 4.81
20 2.71
10 1.64

Shuttle 4.21
3 cone 6.88
Bench 34
vertical 37
Broad jump 10'00"

After the Combine, Mario Williams was considered a rare athlete and by some, a physical freak that ended up as the No. 1 pick in the draft.

Compare the numbers. Its surprising, but Watt stands toe to toe with Super Mario on most, and is actually better in 2 agility drills (shuttle and 3 cone).

Watt's being stereotyped as a high motor white guy and strictly a 3-4 DE.

I bet he can be more.

The workout numbers are impressive but he doesnt play that fast on tape, which is the biggest difference. Williams was a physical freak athletically on the field. Watt is a good to great athlete on the field but not even in the same class as Mario.

k-oneputt
03-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Remember most everyone *****ing that they should have taken Reggie Bush over Mario ?

cookie G
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
The workout numbers are impressive but he doesnt play that fast on tape, which is the biggest difference. Williams was a physical freak athletically on the field. Watt is a good to great athlete on the field but not even in the same class as Mario.

His ability to get into the backfield is very good, if not impressive. His closing speed might not be quite there but his initial steps are, as is his ability to get past an OL with a quick arm move. That's 75% of the battle.

Bert102176
03-11-2011, 04:15 PM
would be a major major mistake

DraftBoy
03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
His ability to get into the backfield is very good, if not impressive. His closing speed might not be quite there but his initial steps are, as is his ability to get past an OL with a quick arm move. That's 75% of the battle.

Its good, but Im not willing to go as far as impressive. Closing speed definitely is lacking as you point out but his first step is amongst the tops in this class. I dont see his hands as well as you do. Because he lacks the ability to easily disengage (which is something a lot of the DE's in this class do). His pass rush repertoire needs to be refined, he got by more on relentless effort than on pass rush ability in college, that wont work as well in the NFL. He's a hard working kid, but he needs to get smoother, he can come out way too high, needs to learn to stay low and use leverage.