Jochen Hecht is +90 for his career?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Jochen Hecht is +90 for his career?!?!?!?

I got in a discussion with my dad about +/- ratings last night so I was looking up some stats and I came across this:

Checkout the latest stats of Jochen Hecht. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, trade, draft, salary and more on Hockey-Reference.com

He's by far the best active Sabre and is 26th overall amongst active players.

How the hell is that possible?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Jochen Hecht is +90 for his career?!?!?!?

hecht was good for a while. i liked him in the 05-07 teams. he's just old now and doesn't seem to be the hard working guy he once was.

+90 seems very high, but i would have imagined him to be a + player over his career.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

It just seems weird that a guy who most of us considered expendable for the last 3 years or so could be so high in +/-. The last time I remember him being good was probably 08.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

and he was decent before he was a sabre. he's an old guy. 3 years of suck, still doesn't offset his first 10 years or so.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

not the greatest scorer but a career +90?? Must be good in his own zone. There were a couple of us that said his absence would hurt them against Boston. Combine that with Vanek being chopped down and you get an interesting situation. Maybe he's not the putz people make him out to be.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

The guy is an enigma to me. He has had some really good seasons. When he has his head on straight he is a very good overall player.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              It just seems weird that a guy who most of us considered expendable for the last 3 years or so could be so high in +/-. The last time I remember him being good was probably 08.
              He was pretty good last year.

He seems to be good in even numbered years (although he has been solid the last month or so after being not so good the rest of this season)
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

He's really a nothing player to a team...it's OK to have him, but it's OK if you don't. Not a real big fan of his, as he is extremely soft...drives me nuts.

Comment

Working...
                X