PDA

View Full Version : Jochen Hecht is +90 for his career?!?!?!?

OpIv37
03-10-2011, 08:22 AM
I got in a discussion with my dad about +/- ratings last night so I was looking up some stats and I came across this:

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/h/hechtjo01.html

He's by far the best active Sabre and is 26th overall amongst active players.

How the hell is that possible?

trapezeus
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
hecht was good for a while. i liked him in the 05-07 teams. he's just old now and doesn't seem to be the hard working guy he once was.

+90 seems very high, but i would have imagined him to be a + player over his career.

OpIv37
03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
It just seems weird that a guy who most of us considered expendable for the last 3 years or so could be so high in +/-. The last time I remember him being good was probably 08.

trapezeus
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
and he was decent before he was a sabre. he's an old guy. 3 years of suck, still doesn't offset his first 10 years or so.

Ebenezer
03-10-2011, 09:41 AM
not the greatest scorer but a career +90?? Must be good in his own zone. There were a couple of us that said his absence would hurt them against Boston. Combine that with Vanek being chopped down and you get an interesting situation. Maybe he's not the putz people make him out to be.

THATHURMANATOR
03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
The guy is an enigma to me. He has had some really good seasons. When he has his head on straight he is a very good overall player.

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
It just seems weird that a guy who most of us considered expendable for the last 3 years or so could be so high in +/-. The last time I remember him being good was probably 08.
He was pretty good last year.

He seems to be good in even numbered years (although he has been solid the last month or so after being not so good the rest of this season)

Nighthawk
03-10-2011, 12:35 PM
He's really a nothing player to a team...it's OK to have him, but it's OK if you don't. Not a real big fan of his, as he is extremely soft...drives me nuts.