PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Sabres Bruins stat

Dr. Lecter
03-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Before the most recent game:

The Bruins are 37-4-4 in games in which they've lead at any point. That's points in 41 of 45 games. Pretty staggering. But there's this addendum: Two of the four losses were to Buffalo, on Dec. 15 in HSBC Arena and here on Jan. 20.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/03/live-from-beantown-sabres-vs-bruins.html

clumping platelets
03-10-2011, 10:45 PM
and again tonight :D

PTI
03-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Sabres might be better down 2-0 this year then up 2-0!!!

SquishDaFish
03-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Also Lecter. Bruins are 30-0-3 when leading by 2 goals and all 3 OT losses are to the sabres. Good game last night guys was exciting game to watch.

Ebenezer
03-11-2011, 10:23 AM
((Which tact should he take))

The Bruins suck.

The Sabres just get too lucky.

The King
03-11-2011, 10:55 AM
The Bruins are awful in OT... and worse in shootouts.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 11:01 AM

The Bruins suck.

lmao.

Three weeks ago, most of this board was ready to dismantle the team at the deadline.

Three weeks of playing well, and suddenly everyone is back on the bandwagon and criticizing those who doubt the team. Apparently the last 3 weeks count more than the previous 3 1/2 years.

rbochan
03-11-2011, 11:06 AM
lmao.

Three weeks ago, most of this board was ready to dismantle the team at the deadline.

Three weeks of playing well, and suddenly everyone is back on the bandwagon and criticizing those who doubt the team. Apparently the last 3 weeks count more than the previous 3 1/2 years.

Yes they do. Here's why:

http://lotofsnow.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/255555973.jpg

SabreEleven
03-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Yes they do. Here's why:

I like that but the swords are either too big or the Buffalo is too small in that display...I'd like to see a bigger Buffalo.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Yes they do. Here's why:

that's a nice plaque and a nice thought.

But, we still have the same GM, players (mostly) and coaches that we've had for the last 3 1/2 years.

I'm sure better days are ahead with Pegula in charge, but it takes time. These things don't just magically change because Pegula put his John Hancock at the bottom of some paperwork.

psubills62
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM

The Bruins suck.

Good idea, I think the billszone should create an OpIv Wheel of Misfortune, including choices such as:

Opponent sucks
Bills/Sabres get lucky
Stats don't tell the whole story
If you throw out X, Bills/Sabres weren't very good
X hasn't changed, so losing also won't change
(I'm sure we can think of more than I can alone off the top of my head)

Win, loss, or offseason...we can spin the OpIv Wheel of Misfortune! Create a thread and watch the pages of people disagreeing pile up.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Good idea, I think the billszone should create an OpIv Wheel of Misfortune, including choices such as:

Opponent sucks
Bills/Sabres get lucky
Stats don't tell the whole story
If you throw out X, Bills/Sabres weren't very good
(I'm sure we can think of more than I can alone off the top of my head)

Win, loss, or offseason...we can spin the OpIv Wheel of Misfortune! Create a thread and watch the pages of people disagreeing pile up.

yes, lots of people on this board disagree. But at the end of the day, the teams still suck and most-if not all- of my criticisms turn out to be correct. People can disagree with me all they want- it doesn't change reality.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 11:46 AM

and honestly, we can argue all day about the proper way to view stats or luck because that's a matter of opinion, but this one is pure logic.

Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

If you guys really expect the same team with the same coaches and players that lost last year to suddenly start winning this year, then you are probably insane.

Dr. Lecter
03-11-2011, 11:47 AM
yes, lots of people on this board disagree. But at the end of the day, the teams still suck and most-if not all- of my criticisms turn out to be correct. People can disagree with me all they want- it doesn't change reality.
And to be fair to you- the one about "throw out X" is Wysian, not Opian.

Although I still say you have different standards for ND.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 11:56 AM
And to be fair to you- the one about "throw out X" is Wysian, not Opian.

I've probably done it on rare occasions but I certainly don't use it as a typical argument.

psubills62
03-11-2011, 12:11 PM

As Eb said before...it's not about your predictions being right, it's about attitude. There are a lot of people around who don't rinse and repeat the same old crap, but end up predicting the same things as you.

It's really not that difficult to predict a 4-12 season for the Bills without sounding repetitive and constantly harping on them.

SpillerThrills
03-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I like that but the swords are either too big or the Buffalo is too small in that display...I'd like to see a bigger Buffalo.

we have a small team, hence the small logo, but they carry big swords (sticks)... that display is perfect!

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 12:18 PM
As Eb said before...it's not about your predictions being right, it's about attitude. There are a lot of people around who don't rinse and repeat the same old crap, but end up predicting the same things as you.

It's really not that difficult to predict a 4-12 season for the Bills without sounding repetitive and constantly harping on them.

Here we go again.

First, the team sucks year after year. If you want to discuss the team realistically, you have to acknowledge the fact that the team sucks. There is no way around it. If the teams didn't suck, I wouldn't be able to constantly harp on the teams for sucking. Don't shoot the messenger.

Second, as you said, people disagree with me all the time, which means despite the repetition and the reality, people still don't get it.

Third, if it's about my attitude, why bother bringing it up at all? It's the Bills Zone and the Sabres Zone, not the Op's Attitude Zone. My attitude isn't changing, and no one forces you to come to this website or read my posts. I always try to keep the discussion about the teams but it always seems to revert to my attitude.

Fourth, why am I expected to have a good attitude about teams that do nothing but disappoint? That's counter-intuitive.

Dr. Lecter
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Here we go again.

First, the team sucks year after year. If you want to discuss the team realistically, you have to acknowledge the fact that the team sucks. There is no way around it. If the teams didn't suck, I wouldn't be able to constantly harp on the teams for sucking. Don't shoot the messenger.

They did not suck last year and they do not suck this year.

psubills62
03-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Here we go again.

Second, as you said, people disagree with me all the time, which means despite the repetition and the reality, people still don't get it.

Third, if it's about my attitude, why bother bringing it up at all? It's the Bills Zone and the Sabres Zone, not the Op's Attitude Zone. My attitude isn't changing, and no one forces you to come to this website or read my posts. I always try to keep the discussion about the teams but it always seems to revert to my attitude.

Fourth, why am I expected to have a good attitude about teams that do nothing but disappoint? That's counter-intuitive.

If you're truly a realist, you'd harp on them when they suck AND give them credit when they don't. I have rarely - if at all - seen the latter from you. And yes, despite what you may think, there have been plenty of times when you can give the Bills or Sabres credit. Somehow, those seem to be the times the "realists" disappear.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 12:43 PM
If you're truly a realist, you'd harp on them when they suck AND give them credit when they don't. I have rarely - if at all - seen the latter from you. And yes, despite what you may think, there have been plenty of times when you can give the Bills or Sabres credit. Somehow, those seem to be the times the "realists" disappear.

I've covered this before.

The bad far outweighs the good. They may get something right here or there but at the end of the day, they still don't get results. So what difference does it make? The goal is to win, not have a good play or a good game here or there. You guys get mad at me for *****ing about bad plays/players in a win, but then you expect me to do the opposite and dole out compliments for the few things going right when the team sucks? That's illogical.

Similarly, I hear a lot of complaints about my repetition. I don't see anyone complaining about the repetition of Boyce compliments. No one complained last year when the whole board was slobbering all over Myers' and Miller's junk. No one in the Billszone complained about the number of threads discussing how great Kyle Williams is or how Steve Johnson finally emerged. Repetition of the positive is acceptable but repetition of the negative is not, because many of you can't handle being reminded of unpleasant realities.

OpIv37
03-11-2011, 12:46 PM
They did not suck last year and they do not suck this year.

Eh, I was speaking in generalizations for the sake of simplicity.

But if you want to get specific, the team didn't suck in the regular season last year. They did suck in the playoffs last year.

This year, they sucked for roughly two months and have been decent for roughly two months. There's a month left to play. They could go on a tear and end up in 7th place, or they could collapse and end up in 10th. So, I'd say it remains to be seen if they suck or not.

psubills62
03-11-2011, 01:08 PM
The bad far outweighs the good. They may get something right here or there but at the end of the day, they still don't get results. So what difference does it make? The goal is to win, not have a good play or a good game here or there. You guys get mad at me for *****ing about bad plays/players in a win, but then you expect me to do the opposite and dole out compliments for the few things going right when the team sucks? That's illogical.
I don't think anyone's saying that...but what is it you're saying is illogical? You think it's illogical that people seem to want you to do that...or it's illogical to dole out compliments when the team sucks, period?

I've seen you reproach people who give credit to a team when it loses (in the Sabres case, the Carolina game, in the Bills case, the Steelers game for example) because you say the only goal is to win. But when they do win, you have all sorts of excuses for why it doesn't mean anything. THAT is illogical.

Similarly, I hear a lot of complaints about my repetition. I don't see anyone complaining about the repetition of Boyce compliments. No one complained last year when the whole board was slobbering all over Myers' and Miller's junk. No one in the Billszone complained about the number of threads discussing how great Kyle Williams is or how Steve Johnson finally emerged. Repetition of the positive is acceptable but repetition of the negative is not, because many of you can't handle being reminded of unpleasant realities.
Right, people can't handle it...that's the reason :rolleyes: Or maybe because so much of the negative criticism is either 1) over the top, or 2) completely nonconstructive. I can't count how many threads I've seen about our run defense. Do I agree that our run defense sucks? Yes. Do I want to see people complaining about it all the time? Not really, but I have no problem listening if they talk about potential solutions. Is the run defense the fault of the LB, DL or both? Which should we focus on in the draft?

Good posters can talk about the negative without necessarily complaining all the time.

rbochan
03-12-2011, 12:39 PM
that's a nice plaque and a nice thought.

But, we still have the same GM, players (mostly) and coaches that we've had for the last 3 1/2 years.

I'm sure better days are ahead with Pegula in charge, but it takes time. These things don't just magically change because Pegula put his John Hancock at the bottom of some paperwork.
It's called pride. Larrysano had sucked that out of the team for awhile now. It would seem that it's back. If you can't enjoy it, that's your character flaw, not mine.