• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbochan
    Zamboni Driver
    • Jun 2008

I <3 Joe Thornton

“...It’s just something with Boston,” Thornton said. “It just seems like they have a horseshoe. We’ve seen the [Milan] Lucic cross-check to the head [of Dominic Moore] earlier, and there’s no disciplinary thing.

“It’s just something about Boston and the disciplinary [process] is on their side. I’m not sure why that is. I’m not assuming that Colin’s kid is on the team and that’s why, but it’s really bizarre...”

What's the over/under on when he's fined/suspended?
    ...Rob

The American Dream isn't an SUV and a house in the suburbs;
    it's Don't Tread On Me.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: I <3 Joe Thornton

He does have a point though. The **** Ovie got suspended for last year wasn't nearly as bad as the Chara or Lucic hits.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

LOL Joe, you dont think this is sour grapes at all?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SabreEleven
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
        LOL Joe, you dont think this is sour grapes at all?
        Ok, Jack Jr. If that was a Bruins player hit the other day, you and Jack would be screaming for a suspension.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Maybe I would maybe I wouldnt. I think Pacioretty has some responsibility in all this as well. Him and Chara have had a beef this year, and he tried to squeeze by on a dangerous part of the ice, with a guy he knew wanted to take a shot at him. I dont think either player wanted that to be the outcome.

I think Pacioretty was hoping to set-up an interferrence call and I think Chara wanted to level him into the bench. Neither one of them had the room they thought they did.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

Maybe I would maybe I wouldnt. I think Pacioretty has some responsibility in all this as well. Him and Chara have had a beef this year, and he tried to squeeze by on a dangerous part of the ice, with a guy he knew wanted to take a shot at him. I dont think either player wanted that to be the outcome.

I think Pacioretty was hoping to set-up an interferrence call and I think Chara wanted to level him into the bench. Neither one of them had the room they thought they did.

I think it was more along the lines that Chara wanted to run a guy he did not like and he was so concerned with that idea, that he did not care if the puck was around and totally ignored the location on the ice.

It was not an intent to injure, but was terribly negligent. That alone deserved a suspension.
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• kelly2reed4six
              • Dec 2008

That might be the stupidest comment I've ever heard? Really? So when some guy runs a red light, t-bones me, and causes 100,000k in medical expenses I suppose I should have known better because theres been a few accidents here in the past....right?

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by kelly2reed4six
                That might be the stupidest comment I've ever heard? Really? So when some guy runs a red light, t-bones me, and causes 100,000k in medical expenses I suppose I should have known better because theres been a few accidents here in the past....right?
                Wow, talk about reducing this to the lowest common denominator. To use your car wreck analogy... You leave a bar at the same time as someone you just had an altercation with. You end up side by side at a red light... the light goes green you both take off... you want to show him you're not afraid so you try to rub him into the curb... but he hits a telephone pole.
                It was all

Comment

• JD
                  Sabres Zone
                  • Sep 2003

I was waiting for McCormick to get suspended for kicking Colins kids ass
                  “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Campbell looked like crap in that fight. What was he doing??!
                    It was all

Comment

Working...
                    X