PDA

View Full Version : Bills Show in Interest in QB Prospect

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 07:34 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Minnesota-QB-Adam-Weber-drawing-interest.html

University of Minnesota quarterback Adam Weber has been drawing increased interest from NFL teams, including the Minnesota Vikings.

Vikings vice president of player personnel Rick Spielman attended Weber's Pro Day workout as well as new quarterbacks coach Craig Johnson.

Spielman has been consistent in praising Weber.

Weber is regarded as a later round option or a priority free agent, but the four-year starter's stock could be rising after a fairly impressive Pro Day workout.

Among the teams that have displayed interest in Weber, according to a league source: the New York Jets, Atlanta Falcons, Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills and the Carolina Panthers.

Weber career numbers;
909cmp-1599att-57%-10,917 yards-72 TD-51 INT
398car-173yds-10 TD

ddaryl
03-11-2011, 07:40 AM
what's a Weber.. .there's a name that hasn't come up.. I'm assuming we're looking at a 6th - 7th rd pick up here aka Levi Johnson ??? (yeah I meant Brown, LAUGHING AT MYSELF ON THIS ONE)

what would be the point ?

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 07:41 AM
what's a Weber.. .there's a name that hasn't come up.. I'm assuming we're looking at a 6th - 7th rd pick up here aka Levi Johnson ???

PFA more likely.

He's a big strong kid, good arm, can run well, and would be considered a developmental type. Much more so than Levi Brown who despite some people really being a big fan of I always considered a wasted pick.

Weber has all the tools you want in a QB, but he's never been able to put them together in his career. Got benched at Minny more than a couple of times.

He is a cold-weather QB though which I know some people care about.

k-oneputt
03-11-2011, 07:50 AM
What the hell are they gonna do with that kid ? We already have Levi Brown from last year to be 3rd string. would be another wasted pick just like the scouts are wasting their time scouting him.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 08:23 AM
What the hell are they gonna do with that kid ? We already have Levi Brown from last year to be 3rd string. would be another wasted pick just like the scouts are wasting their time scouting him.
Remind me, do we have a franchise QB on the roster? No? Until that point it's never a waste to scout every QB in the country.

better days
03-11-2011, 08:30 AM

It would not surprise me to see both Brohm & Brown cut if the Bills can get a couple QB's to replace them.

PTI
03-11-2011, 08:45 AM
Really, only a good team could draft this guy and make him work, unless he is the 2nd QB the Bills take, maybe the Bills take a QB in round 1 or 2 and come back and get this guy in the 7th.

THATHURMANATOR
03-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Remind me, do we have a franchise QB on the roster? No? Until that point it's never a waste to scout every QB in the country.
This is one of the best posts in a long time!! :bf1:

The Jokeman
03-11-2011, 08:55 AM
what's a Weber.. .there's a name that hasn't come up.. I'm assuming we're looking at a 6th - 7th rd pick up here aka Levi Brown ???

I fixed it for you.

ddaryl
03-11-2011, 09:52 AM
I fixed it for you.

yeah my brain must of been on some sort of auto pilot... Goes to show how the media can penetrate a mind. Screw the daughter of a former VP candidate and you get more then you 15 minutes of fame

Commissioner
03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Don't know anything about him... but his numbers suck a big fat one.

Ed
03-11-2011, 10:10 AM
I've never even heard of this guy, but a 57% pass completion and 51 picks looks gross to me.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 11:20 AM
His career numbers aren't very impressive but if I recall correctl Weber had a very good Sophomore campaign but has struggled to regain that form.

TacklingDummy
03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Weber career numbers;
909cmp-1599att-57%-10,917 yards-72 TD-51 INT
398car-173yds-10 TD
Bill Walsh liked this guy.

TacklingDummy
03-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah because 6th round picks like Tom Brady are so common.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah because 6th round picks like Tom Brady are so common.

Who the hell mentioned Brady?

TacklingDummy
03-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Who the hell mentioned Brady?
Me.

Weber will be lucky to get drafted in the 7th round if at all.

The Bills need not waste their time.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Me.

Weber will be lucky to get drafted in the 7th round if at all.

The Bills need not waste their time.

Because you as the all seeing eye know for a fact that Weber is not a franchise QB?

I dont get this mentality from fans. We all know the Bills suck, we all know the Bills QB situation sucks but because they look at guys that aren't considered mainstream that are "wasting their time"?

Get out of here with that. There is no such thing as wasting time as long as they are scouting. You dont know where a kid may come from FBS, FCS, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO, AFL, UFL, CFL, SIFL, IFL, etc.

Suggesting we not look at every player possible is unbelievable.

TacklingDummy
03-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Because you as the all seeing eye know for a fact that Weber is not a franchise QB?The same could be said to you since you are the one who's promoting someone who most likely will not be drafted.

I dont get this mentality from fans. We all know the Bills suck, we all know the Bills QB situation sucks but because they look at guys that aren't considered mainstream that are "wasting their time"?

The Bills need to start looking at football players. Projects and gambles have already resulted in 10+ years of crap.

DraftBoy
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
The same could be said to you since you are the one who's promoting someone who most likely will not be drafted.

The Bills need to start looking at football players. Projects and gambles have already resulted in 10+ years of crap.

I'm not promotng anybody, Im passing along information. Massive differences.

Every draft pick is a project or gamble.

Beebe's Kid
03-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm not promotng anybody, Im passing along information. Massive differences.

Every draft pick is a project or gamble.

DB...do not cloud the argument with facts, and your actual expertise in this area. This is the interweb, and facts, research, and other science-like stuff have no place here.

Thanks for pointing this kid out. Interesting option. Although, he would apparently be better if we took him at #3 instead of later in the draft.

Information like this is a reason to keep checking in...the argument that ensued is the counter argument.

k-oneputt
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
DB...do not cloud the argument with facts, and your actual expertise in this area. This is the interweb, and facts, research, and other science-like stuff have no place here.

Thanks for pointing this kid out. Interesting option. Although, he would apparently be better if we took him at #3 instead of later in the draft.

Information like this is a reason to keep checking in...the argument that ensued is the counter argument.

I'm sure, like most here, have never even seen him play. End of story.

Mski
03-11-2011, 05:16 PM
i remember reading somewhere in years past so this may be very wrong, but there's an unwritten rule about QB completion% in college directly correlating into how well they will play in the pros.... something along the lines of if its below 60 or 65% stay the heck away

tampabay25690
03-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Don't know anything about him... but his numbers suck a big fat one.

So did Josh Freeman's at K STATE.......

TigerJ
03-12-2011, 07:45 PM
We all know that sometimes teams don't draft areas of need that are most pressing the earliest in the draft. The excuse we've heard the Bills give is, "The value wasn't there at the position at the point we were drafting. Buffalo has shown interest in at least one projected first round pick (Cam Newton) and I'll bet they've looked at QBs that are draftable in most of not all of the rounds where they are drafting. It's a matter of being thorough in your research. If the draft falls in such a way that the Bills don't think they can get value in a QB through most of the rounds, then a guy like Weber can be a fallback option. And no, I wouldn't be especially happy if it took the Bills that long to get a QB, but of course Draftboy is on record as not wanting the Bills to draft a QB at all. I imagine he wouldn't be averse to signing a QB as a PFA though.

Extremebillsfan247
03-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Bill Walsh liked this guy.Oh, not that again. The last guy we drafted that Bill Walsh liked didn't last very long.

Extremebillsfan247
03-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Remind me, do we have a franchise QB on the roster? No? Until that point it's never a waste to scout every QB in the country.Going to this length is on the fringes of the extreme though. lol This guy is likely to be a 6th rounder at best. It's not exactly the route where many teams have success in finding a franchise QB. When your reaching into the depths of 3rd round and beyond for a starting QB, your really just grasping at straws hoping for a miracle. Just saying.