PDA

View Full Version : Chris Landry thoughts on the draft

better days
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I heard Chris Landry on WDAE 620 the other day here are some of his thoughts on the draft.

On Newton: "His throwing motion is better than Tebow, his accuracy is not." "I know Tim Tebow would be the hardest working guy & the leader & the guy you can count on till the end of, you know....till the cows come home. I'm not so sure that after sitting in on a couple meetings with teams with him in it (Newton) that he didn't bring up more questions than answers this week. Not real good on the board, not real comfortable about talking about things in his past."

"I don't think he is Vince Young or Jamarcus Russell." "Vince Young, one of his problems was his people had him at every card signing, speaking deal for 10 15 grand. They were milking it. I'm wondering how distracted he will be by the very people he surrounds himself with, One of them thats very hard to detatch himself from his dad, we already know his dad pimped him out in College. You think he's going try to milk him out of every dime in his Pro career."

"Would I like to have him on my team? Of course I would but at what price? How high do you want to take him?"

"Carolina, Buffalo Cincinatti all those teams have tough decisions to make. I will say this, if you have any doubt, there is no doubt, you don't want him."

On Gabbert: "Very good in meetings, very good on the board. Real good understanding of passing concepts. Of the 2 while there may be greater upside to some degree with Cam, there is less downside with Blane Gabbert.

On Mallett: "It's well known, he loves the beer, nothings been substantiated that he failed a drug test." "He throws very well, he has a very good arm an inate touch but he's very slow." "Slightly above average on the board."

On Peterson: "I think he has a chance to be unique, I mean special, but he's going to make at best 10, 12 impact plays a game as opposed to a defensive lineman whos going to have an impact on almost every play." "You can't take a corner that high, I just don't think you can do that."

On depth of the draft: "Redid my board after the combine, I have 27 first rnd grades. I have 61 guys with 2nd rnd grades. That means a lot of value into the 3rd & 4th rnds."

k-oneputt
03-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I'll be damned, a college kid likes his beer. Sounds like a past HOF qb we had here.

better days
03-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll be damned, a college kid likes his beer. Sounds like a past HOF qb we had here.

Yeah, I should have added Landry thought that was no big deal.

Ed
03-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Jim Kelly was a big coke head too. Partied as hard as any of them.

TigerJ
03-11-2011, 08:46 PM
I'll be damned, a college kid likes his beer. Sounds like a past HOF qb we had here.It's true, lots of college kids like their beer. It's also true that some handle it a lot better than others. That is they exercise better judgment than others with respect to when, where, and how much. That is pertinent information for a team to seek if they have interest in a given player with a reputation.