• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

BREAKING NEWS: NFLPA files to decertify, effectively disbanding

Kevin Mawae:

“We’ve asked for financial transparency, and audited financials since May of 2009 and anybody that will report that we’ve gotten that information and rejected it is simply not telling the truth,”

DeMaurice Smith:

Smith says Wednesday that what the NFL has provided "would be meaningless in determining whether to write an $800 million check"

Pash:

"We've made more information available in the course of this negotiation than has ever been made available in decades of collective bargaining with the NFLPA," Pash said. "Far more information. And we've offered to make even more information [available], including information that we do not disclose to our own clubs."

Drew Rosenhaus:

"If the owners turn their back on the players they will regret it and will be crushed in court just like the tv $ case!"

http://twitter.com/#!/RosenhausSports/status/45641517829857280

They all were keeping their mouths shut and giving the mediation a chance by adhering to the rules until yesterday and today. Just shut up and work it out. You all will still be rich in the end.

• Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Re: Mawae, De Smith, Pash, and now Rosenhaus running their mouths

Is there anybody truly worried about this? That's an honest question.

There is way too much money to be lost if an agreement isn't reached. Both the owners and players would suffer. Even if the deadline is passed, it's not like everybody shuts off their cell phones, deletes their email accounts, and snubs their noses at the situation. They are still going to talk, and somewhere down the line, an agreement will be reached.

Comment

• X-Era
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Prov401
      Is there anybody truly worried about this? That's an honest question.

There is way too much money to be lost if an agreement isn't reached. Both the owners and players would suffer. Even if the deadline is passed, it's not like everybody shuts off their cell phones, deletes their email accounts, and snubs their noses at the situation. They are still going to talk, and somewhere down the line, an agreement will be reached.
      Yes, they will at some point. I'm commenting more on how they are acting in the past few days. Just stick to the plan, allow for mediation, and keep your yaps shut. IMO, they can resolve this weeks or maybe even months earlier if they just can keep from openly talking about it.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Talk means ****.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

It's the guys on the players' side of the argument that are looking like bigger and bigger *******s as this goes on. The league have already met some of the union's demands, it's about time for the union to make an effort to come towards the league.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

I am optimistic, i think it will get done today...

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

the season is toast.. they're not going ot work this out... it will take the litigation

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Dujek
                It's the guys on the players' side of the argument that are looking like bigger and bigger *******s as this goes on. The league have already met some of the union's demands, it's about time for the union to make an effort to come towards the league.
                disagree.. open the books for all to see... That ends all of that discussion.

Hell i want to see what these teams are making...because I PAY THE BILLS, as do the rest of you.

It may be a business, but it is also a big part of communities...

I fail to see why the owners won't release it all unless they are keeping things hidden. Obviously what we will see will open up lots and lots of controversy for the owners. My bet is it is the big markets that don't want to expose themsleves

Now if the owners tell the fans that prices on everything NFL will decrease by 20% then I'll side with the owners. Until then I want to see those books

And no I don't care if anyone believes they don't have to.. I still want to see

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

I think they will get a deal done. I think it will be soon, but probably not today.

But I think the NFL is making serious concessions as is the NFLPA.

Comment

• Dujek
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
                    I think they will get a deal done. I think it will be soon, but probably not today.

But I think the NFL is making serious concessions as is the NFLPA.
                    The NFLPA has given the NFL **** all squared to this point, the league have done all the the giving and the players have refused to budge from their initial position.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Doesn't mean a damn thing.

The negotiations go on, despite anyones babble.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mski
                        • Mar 2006

Personally i think the last thing the NFLPA will do is decertify, if they do that, who's to say the owners wont treat their teams like any other non-union employer and tell them their employment is "at will" and "this is what you get, if you dont like it you are free to look for employment somehwere else"
                        RIP Tommy D!
                        12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mski
                          Personally i think the last thing the NFLPA will do is decertify, if they do that, who's to say the owners wont treat their teams like any other non-union employer and tell them their employment is "at will" and "this is what you get, if you dont like it you are free to look for employment somehwere else"
                          Because they can't get NFL game ticket or TV money from UFL scab players.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

The NFLPA has given the NFL **** all squared to this point, the league have done all the the giving and the players have refused to budge from their initial position.
                            Real quick.

Can you imagine going into your employer and demanding that they show their financial records so that you can then tell them how much you should be paid?
                            Last edited by X-Era; 03-11-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Agreed! I'm getting more and more pissed at the players lately. They aren't doing **** to get this done. The owners have budged quite a bit, but the players keep sitting there and refusing to compromise.

Comment

Working...
                              X