PDA

View Full Version : Message to the NFL and NFLPA

jpdex12
03-11-2011, 09:59 PM
I am truly sorry and greatly embarrassed that I ever showed so much passion and heart as a fan of this game to let myself become what you represent.

As I look at what has just happened between two parties of one of the largest sources of revenue generating businesses in our country it brings light to what a joke you stand for and that is exactly what has damaged our country today in a facet of other ways. GREED and ENTITLEMENT!

This is a fight over money. Our money. The fan's money. The consumer's money.

One very sobering piece of reality exists that magnifies what disgusting money hungry pigs both parties represent, and that is the lack of compensation and respect that our military personnel lack who work for an average of $25,000 per year and put their lives on the line for us. $25,000 per year and they volunteered to do it. I don't hear them going on strike to express how much more money they should be earning.

You players say that you are fighting for more money that you rightly deserve because of how dangerous the sport has become on your mind and your body but didn't you choose to earn a living this way? Did anyone force you to become a professional football player? Could you have decided to be employed in a far less dangerous business and still make a good living? Do you put your lives on the line in your line of work for your country or for yourself?

You owners say that you are protecting your business that you worked hard to build but the fact of the matter is that you made your money elsewhere that allowed you to buy the billion dollar valued team that you own and although you already had a lot of money you can't afford to give up anymore for fear that you will lose money that you don't even need. Isn't it a shame that you'll only make $300,000 million a year instead of $500,000 million a year.

Just ask yourselves how good it feels to be making all of that money and how respectable you must look in the eyes of Americans and then ask yourself if you would do what you do for $25,000 per year. You chose what you are just like our military chose to be what they are. Who is stealing the show in the media? Who are the ones complaining because they aren't making enough and being compensated enough?

You are part of what is ruining our country. I don't understand how you can be idolized and appreciated so much for your USO tours by those individuals who put their lives on the lines for $25,000. It should be the other way around.

You are an embarrassment to this country and everything that we stand for. I could care less when and if you ever decide on how to split your millions and billions. When will the rest of this country wake up and do the same? Funny thing is that Americans want blood for an executive of a Wallstreet company who makes $30 million from a year end bonus when he tanked his company but you can pay a first round pick millions of dollars in signing bonus money when he hasn't even proved himself yet. Is there a difference?

This country deserves what it gets and so does everyone involved in this labor dispute!

BertSquirtgum
03-11-2011, 10:43 PM
some of your points are very valid and i agree on most of the posted but.........

what does this country deserves what it gets mean? that is truly a dumb statement.

mikemac2001
03-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Hurkey your statments mean nothing bc those epic boobs > oxygen

G Wolly
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/10/1c2fff71-b369-4eab-962c-4726a70509d4.jpg

Buffalogic
03-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Grandstanding much??

Your post is too long to read but just long enough to scroll to the bottom and add a negative comment.

alohabillsfan
03-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Nice post.

I was also pissed when that douce player rep said the players put their lives on the line, to play the game they love. BS.

TMu11
03-12-2011, 06:18 AM
I like the passion. Some good points, but also some embellishments.
It's a well-known fact that Americans endear entertainment much more than military protection and that goes for all media. It's our fault it got this way in the first place

Buddo
03-12-2011, 06:52 AM
Nice post.

I was also pissed when that douce player rep said the players put their lives on the line, to play the game they love. BS.

Some historical context.
Only one NFL player has actually died on the field, in it's history, as far as I can tell. He was a WR for the Lions, and it happened in 1971. He died of a heart attack brought on by hardening of the arteries, which would seem to have been a 'hereditary' complaint within his family. He collapsed while running a route that was unconnected with the actual play taking place.

While it would certainly be fair to say that many former players have suffered in later years, due to their playing careers, it is by no means fair, or accurate, to say that players put their lives on the line - ever.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Before we bring down the establishment and denounce the USA for it's greed, can we at least wait until there is one game missed, this lockout is less than 24 hours old.

X-Era
03-12-2011, 08:15 AM
Hurkey your statments mean nothing bc those epic boobs > oxygenExtremely difficult to keep my eyes focused on reading his text... agree.

Jan Reimers
03-12-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm just disappointed that reasonable men can't figure out how to split $9 Billion in revenue amongst a relative handful of players and owners. And to do it amicably, without name calling and hyperbole.

The fans make all of this possible, in small measure through live attendance at games and such things as merchandise sales, and in large part byTV viewership. But the fans are generally ignored in any professional sports negotiations, including the NFL.

I'm tired of it, and don't really care if there is a season or not - but I know the greedy bastards will finally find a way to have a regular season.

They're smart enough to know that you can insult, slap, kick and otherwise abuse the golden goose, but you better not kill it.

trapezeus
03-12-2011, 09:59 AM
They're smart enough to know that you can insult, slap, kick and otherwise abuse the golden goose, but you better not kill it.

see MLB and NHL on why they probably aren't smart enough. the fact it's gotten this far means both sides are willing to sacrifice everything until they can't any longer.

i'd be really surprised if we don't miss at least the first 4 weeks.

which for us is good, because the bills never start strong.

better days
03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm just disappointed that reasonable men can't figure out how to split $9 Billion in revenue amongst a relative handful of players and owners. And to do it amicably, without name calling and hyperbole.

The fans make all of this possible, in small measure through live attendance at games and such things as merchandise sales, and in large part byTV viewership. But the fans are generally ignored in any professional sports negotiations, including the NFL.

I'm tired of it, and don't really care if there is a season or not - but I know the greedy bastards will finally find a way to have a regular season.

I am looking forward to the draft. After that if they tank the season, I'm with you bring on the NCAA & the NHL.

jpdex12
03-14-2011, 09:30 PM
some of your points are very valid and i agree on most of the posted but.........

what does this country deserves what it gets mean? that is truly a dumb statement.

Well think about it and maybe you won't think it's so dumb unless you don't think that a majority of this country wants a lot for nothing? Hence my entitlement rant. Just because you don't understand why someone said something doesn't mean its dumb...maybe you just didn't understand their point of view.

jpdex12
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Grandstanding much??

Your post is too long to read but just long enough to scroll to the bottom and add a negative comment.

Just don't read it if it's too long for you. I've seen plenty of longer threads, not sure why anyone feels the need to point out that it's too long. The sky is blue too?

TMu11
03-15-2011, 05:33 AM
see MLB and NHL on why they probably aren't smart enough. the fact it's gotten this far means both sides are willing to sacrifice everything until they can't any longer.

i'd be really surprised if we don't miss at least the first 4 weeks.

which for us is good, because the bills never start strong.

We started 5-0 (I think) in 08. Unfortunately thats where it ended