• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Summary of last NFL offer to NFLPA

1. We more than split the economic difference between us, increasing our proposed cap for 2011 significantly and accepting the Union’s proposed cap number for 2014 ($161 million per club).

2. An entry level compensation system based on the Union’s “rookie cap” proposal, rather than the wage scale proposed by the clubs. Under the NFL proposal, players drafted in rounds 2-7 would be paid the same or more than they are paid today. Savings from the first round would be reallocated to veteran players and benefits.

3. A guarantee of up to $1 million of a player’s salary for the contract year after his injury – the first time that the clubs have offered a standard multi-year injury guarantee.

4. Immediate implementation of changes to promote player health and safety by:

* Reducing the off-season program by five weeks, reducing OTAs from 14 to 10, and limiting on-field practice time and contact;
    * Limiting full-contact practices in the preseason and regular season; and
    * Increasing number of days off for players.

5. Commit that any change to an 18-game season will be made only by agreement and that the 2011 and 2012 seasons will be played under the current 16-game format.

6. Owner funding of $82 million in 2011-12 to support additional benefits to former players, which would increase retirement benefits for more than 2000 former players by nearly 60 percent.

7. Offer current players the opportunity to remain in the player medical plan for life.

8. Third party arbitration for appeals in the drug and steroid programs.

9. Improvements in the Mackey plan, disability plan, and degree completion bonus program.

10. A per-club cash minimum spend of 90 percent of the salary cap over three seasons.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: Summary of last NFL offer to NFLPA

Seems fair

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Mr. Aiello is just putting it all out there. lol I'm wondering what Mr. Smith is going to say to all that. He can say they are lying all he wants, but until he presents proof contrary to what the NFL is putting out there for everyone to see, it's going to look really bad on him and the players. JMO

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Anyone else see De Smith playing the part of Mr. Ditto (Teachers) during these sham negotiations ?
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mikemac2001
          Seems fair
          They are asking the players to take a pay cut.

They are rich, and still will be and if that's your angle, I agree.

But it's still a pay cut. It's an extra billion off the top when all indications are that the teams are doing better than ever (collectively).
          Last edited by X-Era; 03-12-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
            Mr. Aiello is just putting it all out there. lol I'm wondering what Mr. Smith is going to say to all that. He can say they are lying all he wants, but until he presents proof contrary to what the NFL is putting out there for everyone to see, it's going to look really bad on him and the players. JMO
            The NFL is just playing a game to pretend that they are the ones negotiating and that the players aren't. That's a legal move to prevent de-certification.

Personally, I'm not buying much of what either side says publicly, and I certainly won't feel like the NFL can play the martyr card... Not with Jerry Jone's extremely rich and douchey face in the background. He wants one thing, to get richer. And Pash can't convince me any differently.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
              The NFL is just playing a game to pretend that they are the ones negotiating and that the players aren't. That's a legal move to prevent de-certification.

Personally, I'm not buying much of what either side says publicly, and I certainly won't feel like the NFL can play the martyr card... Not with Jerry Jone's extremely rich and douchey face in the background. He wants one thing, to get richer. And Pash can't convince me any differently.
              It does seem to me though that the NFL is attempting to be a little more transparent about intention than the Players are. All you ever get out of these players is that they want to play football, or they are trying harder than the owners, but provide little if anything to corroborate that.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

F-that, the bottom line is the players are paid extremely well for playing a game. It does not matter what the "books" say. Its a dam nice deal! Have them try to find a job that pays that good. I say let them sit a year.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

They are asking the players to take a pay cut.

They are rich, and still will be and if that's your angle, I agree.

But it's still a pay cut. It's an extra billion off the top when all indications are that the teams are doing better than ever (collectively).
                  How can anybody continue to say the owners are asking them to take a pay cut after this transparent document? The salary cap increases every year to $161M per club... The owners must spend up to 90% of cap.

Seems to me, the only players losing something here are the ones who need to prove themselves in the NFL before cashing in big time. Jamarcus Russel got in under the wire.
                  Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                    F-that, the bottom line is the players are paid extremely well for playing a game. It does not matter what the "books" say. Its a dam nice deal! Have them try to find a job that pays that good. I say let them sit a year.

yes they are... but they are the product and without product you have nothing

sure they can bring in a new generation of players and rebuild the league, but in that time many teams will go belly up do to the insane amounts of money some of these owners paid for their franchises, and the fact that many fans won't bother watching the game or paying top buck while they rebuild.

if the owners are losing money then they would be willing to open up and prove it.

both sides here are hell bent on getting the best deal for themselves... neither side is doing anything to bring value back to the fans

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                      • Sep 2003

Wait and see how many players sign back up to play football. They (the majority) need the money and will in a heartbeat, its (money) is like crack to them.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                        • Sep 2002

Here's my take on this. Most, if not all, of us, work for somebody. What are our primary concerns are what is our compensation and what are the benefits. If we feel we're getting a fair package we are willing to work for that person.

If I'm an NFL player, I have to ask myself that question. What player in his right mind is going to complain about his arrangement, when you consider a minimum salary of $300k. He has to be practical in making this decision.

I really don't care how much my employer is making as long as I'm treated fairly.
                        I can carry this point ad finitum but I think I have made it. We all live in a real world.

BTW, shame on the owners; they screwed up when signing the last CBA and were not willing to deal with issues now confronting them.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

Brown (Bengals) and our very own R. Wilson did not approve of the last CBA, yet he was ridiculed on this board.

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

Bull****. Did you actually read what was set out there? The NFL will be increasing the salary cap and offered the players the figure they wanted for the 2014 season. How the hell is that a pay cut?

Also, if the rookie salary cap is in effect and the owners must spend to 90% of cap then the current players will get a pretty significant pay rise.

Take your blinkers off and realise that for once it isn't the owners being greedy here.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

This is a stare down between the new head of the NFLPA on one side and the commish and the more vocal owners on the other. Each is trying to show how powerful they can be. The players were not accepting anything but 100% openness and as much of the cut as possible. The new breed owners were not accepting anything but what they want. All of it is just talk.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X