PDA

View Full Version : Arizona DE to workout with Bills

DraftBoy
03-12-2011, 09:11 PM
http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/13682485

According to a source close to him, Reed has already scheduled private workouts with the Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens and Buffalo Bills -- each of whom, of course, run the 3-4.

The 6-4, 255 pound Elmore was clocked at 4.80 in the 40-yard dash on Saturday. Elmore led the Wildcats with 11 sacks last season as a defensive end. While his time in the 40-yard dash was better today than at the Combine (4.88-5.0 on his two attempts), teams are still going to have a tough time moving him to outside linebacker at that speed. His best bet might be to remain as a 4-3 defensive end.

psubills62
03-12-2011, 09:20 PM
Not terribly surprised. I would be surprised if he actually went in the first round though.

I always have to laugh when people talk constantly about prospects who have "rising stock" and "are now candidates to be taken in the first round." Oh really? Somehow, they never seem to realize that this means someone has to fall out of the first round. If Reed makes it in the end of the first, then I have little doubt someone good will fall to us in the early second.

Extremebillsfan247
03-13-2011, 02:36 PM
Not terribly surprised. I would be surprised if he actually went in the first round though.

I always have to laugh when people talk constantly about prospects who have "rising stock" and "are now candidates to be taken in the first round." Oh really? Somehow, they never seem to realize that this means someone has to fall out of the first round. If Reed makes it in the end of the first, then I have little doubt someone good will fall to us in the early second.I remember Nix commenting on a similar topic last year after that draft. In generalizing his comments, I think he said something like stock doesn't rise a whole lot over the course of the off season. By the time a lot of these pro days get under way, most draft boards are already being finalized. The guys they bring in for additional workouts are guys they need more information on. We are getting really close to the point where the Bills already have an idea of the direction they will be going in the draft this year.