PDA

View Full Version : Bills Will Work Out Von Miller

patmoran2006
03-12-2011, 11:33 PM
I've learned via a Bills source that the team is going to hold a private workout for Von Miller. Not sure of when yet, but soon.

Bert102176
03-13-2011, 12:36 AM
sweet

BillsWin
03-13-2011, 01:24 AM
As they should.

ServoBillieves
03-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Eh, not overly excited about that one.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2011, 03:40 AM
It'd be slight reach but I'd be happy with that pick, if Dareus is gone.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2011, 03:46 AM
who cares.....no season in 2011 so i couldn't care any less what happens with the draft.

better days
03-13-2011, 10:05 AM
who cares.....no season in 2011 so i couldn't care any less what happens with the draft.

Well the draft picks will still be there whenever football resumes. I am looking forward to it myself.

Dr. Who
03-13-2011, 11:16 AM
There are nine billion reasons why there will be football in 2011.

If you can't get interested in Football Christmas, find another sport. It's usually the best time of year for Bills' fans.

camelcowboy
03-13-2011, 12:07 PM
Cowboys loving punk who is currently filing a lawsuit against the league don't want anything to do with him.

cpearl
03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Why is he a punk? Because he's fighting for his rights as a player against a rookie wage scale? I'm sure youd be fine with going into your first real job and be told that you are making half of what the guy that started a year before you is making. Don't be an idiot.

tampabay25690
03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
It'd be slight reach but I'd be happy with that pick, if Dareus is gone.

Why a reach??
BEST LB by far in the draft and best pass rusher in the draft.
I wouldn't call that a reach....

I think he should scope out his new locker as well......
He may be 1 of the guys that Buffalo tagets at #3.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Question, if we take von miller, what happens to kelsay? he wasnt guaranteed any money so would we just cut him?

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2011, 02:41 PM
Question, if we take von miller, what happens to kelsay? he wasnt guaranteed any money so would we just cut him?

we can only hope.

tampabay25690
03-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Lets get some better players and depth then we can make that choice....

DraftBoy
03-13-2011, 03:07 PM
While he's not my first choice at #3, it makes sense to work him out.

tampabay25690
03-13-2011, 03:08 PM
While he's not my first choice at #3, it makes sense to work him out.

Yea but you couldn't get mad with a good player like that....
DB I have no idea who the Bills will take or even who they are thinking.....

I dont think anyone knows..

DraftBoy
03-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Yea but you couldn't get mad with a good player like that....
DB I have no idea who the Bills will take or even who they are thinking.....

I dont think anyone knows..

Oh I can be, there is plenty to dislike with Miller. He is a huge risk given he has never really played LB in his career.

Keep in mind his position in college was a specialty created for him and was more ROV or in the box S than that of a true LB.

tampabay25690
03-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh I can be, there is plenty to dislike with Miller. He is a huge risk given he has never really played LB in his career.

Keep in mind his position in college was a specialty created for him and was more ROV or in the box S than that of a true LB.

Well I wouldnt be mad at all.....
The guy will add some weight and be fine in the NFL....
Yea i know he was switched around a bit at A@M......

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2011, 03:48 PM
Well I wouldnt be mad at all.....
The guy will add some weight and be fine in the NFL....
Yea i know he was switched around a bit at A@M......

same thing was said about aaron maybin. how did that turn out?

Extremebillsfan247
03-13-2011, 05:02 PM
Well the draft picks will still be there whenever football resumes. I am looking forward to it myself. Actually this is being widely considered in NFL circles to be a wasted draft class because of the very real likely hood of no OTA's, rookie camps, or training camp. There may not even be a preseason. This group of rookies are going to have an extremely tough time this year adjusting on the fly. That essentially is what this draft class will have to do. A good portion of them will probably fail. It won't be their fault, and its really unfair. But, that is one of the many casualties of a lockout. The Bills picked a bad year to have the 3rd overall pick in the draft. JMO

camelcowboy
03-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Why is he a punk? Because he's fighting for his rights as a player against a rookie wage scale? I'm sure youd be fine with going into your first real job and be told that you are making half of what the guy that started a year before you is making. Don't be an idiot.you would be pissed if you worked your ass off for your first contract then a rookie makes twice as much a you because he was drafted in the first round. So when you realize a person with no experience shouldn't be making 3x more as a person who has had the job longer you can imply im a idiot assclown.

tampabay25690
03-13-2011, 10:02 PM
same thing was said about aaron maybin. how did that turn out?

What was said and who said it???

Im not saying we are going to or we shpuld draft Von Miller but the guy is a great player....
The comparsion with Aaron Maybin is really silly........
Maybin played DOWN and MILLER is a real Line backer....Watch some tape...

Mahdi
03-13-2011, 11:17 PM
What was said and who said it???

Im not saying we are going to or we shpuld draft Von Miller but the guy is a great player....
The comparsion with Aaron Maybin is really silly........
Maybin played DOWN and MILLER is a real Line backer....Watch some tape...
How is he a real LB? I think you need to watch more Miller Highlights. The guy is a pure speed guy, EXACTLY like Maybin. He needs work. Not sure why you don't see that.

Do you want to take a chance on another pass rusher that hasn't developed pass rush moves and skills at the college level and then struggles in the NFL/.

Miller may become a great player but not a risk I want to take at 3. Not even at 10 for me.

Michael82
03-14-2011, 12:56 AM
There are nine billion reasons why there will be football in 2011.

If you can't get interested in Football Christmas, find another sport. It's usually the best time of year for Bills' fans.
Apparently you missed the last 11 years of Buffalo Bills drafts.... :ill:

tampabay25690
03-14-2011, 07:17 AM
How is he a real LB? I think you need to watch more Miller Highlights. The guy is a pure speed guy, EXACTLY like Maybin. He needs work. Not sure why you don't see that.

Do you want to take a chance on another pass rusher that hasn't developed pass rush moves and skills at the college level and then struggles in the NFL/.

Miller may become a great player but not a risk I want to take at 3. Not even at 10 for me.

He is way more of a LB then Aaron Maybin will ever be...
I dont watch highlights like most people I actually watch games of him playing.....
He has a ton of upside I will say that.

I never saw the upside in Maybin....

Mahdi
03-14-2011, 01:06 PM
He is way more of a LB then Aaron Maybin will ever be...
I dont watch highlights like most people I actually watch games of him playing.....
He has a ton of upside I will say that.

I never saw the upside in Maybin....
No upside in Maybin?

Ran a 4.59 40, had one of the fastest 10 yard splits and 35 3\4 inch arms, most OTs don't have arms that long.

His upside was through the roof. Problem was he was raw and relied purely on his speed to beat OTs.

Again, just watch that highlight video and see for yourself how many times Miller actually engages an OT. Then watch Quinn or even Aldon Smith and see the difference.

All I'm asking is that you show me where Miller makes use of actual pass rush moves. The ones you need to be a good NFL pass rusher, because speed around the corner is not enough.

DeMarcus Ware tore up the combine but he succeeded in the NFL not because of his speed but because of his skills and technique.

Luisito23
03-14-2011, 02:11 PM
DeMarcus Ware tore up the combine but he succeeded in the NFL not because of his speed but because of his skills and technique.

2 things Maybin will never have...Bum is another 1st. round mistake.

Ed
03-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Actually this is being widely considered in NFL circles to be a wasted draft class because of the very real likely hood of no OTA's, rookie camps, or training camp. There may not even be a preseason. This group of rookies are going to have an extremely tough time this year adjusting on the fly. That essentially is what this draft class will have to do. A good portion of them will probably fail. It won't be their fault, and its really unfair. But, that is one of the many casualties of a lockout. The Bills picked a bad year to have the 3rd overall pick in the draft. JMO
All the more reason to strictly go BPA. I don't know why some fans are still talking about players that can make immediate impacts. This draft is all about the future and who will end up being the best players down the road.

Mahdi
03-14-2011, 02:13 PM
thats my point....

NOT THE DUDE...
03-14-2011, 03:06 PM
No upside in Maybin?

Ran a 4.59 40, had one of the fastest 10 yard splits and 35 3\4 inch arms, most OTs don't have arms that long.

His upside was through the roof. Problem was he was raw and relied purely on his speed to beat OTs.

Again, just watch that highlight video and see for yourself how many times Miller actually engages an OT. Then watch Quinn or even Aldon Smith and see the difference.

All I'm asking is that you show me where Miller makes use of actual pass rush moves. The ones you need to be a good NFL pass rusher, because speed around the corner is not enough.

maybin is more tight in the hips and isnt as thick as miller. also watch the nebraska tape, miller uses some solid technique there too, not just speed. he also has a killer inside move. also watch the senior bowl where he bull rushes and knocks the guy down. he gets off blocks way better than maybin. plus maybin was basically a consistent 4.7 guy, while miller runs a 4.4 and 1.5 10 yd... miller is more similar to clay matthews

kingJofNYC
03-14-2011, 03:25 PM

So who would you take?

Miller isn't Maybin, you guys are kidding yourselves with that comparison.

Prov401
03-14-2011, 04:03 PM
^

I'd take Dareus or Peterson. In that order.

Mahdi
03-14-2011, 06:07 PM
maybin is more tight in the hips and isnt as thick as miller. also watch the nebraska tape, miller uses some solid technique there too, not just speed. he also has a killer inside move. also watch the senior bowl where he bull rushes and knocks the guy down. he gets off blocks way better than maybin. plus maybin was basically a consistent 4.7 guy, while miller runs a 4.4 and 1.5 10 yd... miller is more similar to clay matthews
Maybin is a 4.59 guy and Miller ran a 4.49 guy. You rounded one up and rounded one down to make a point.

Again, Miller is not a fully developed prospect. Right now he has some of the same issues Maybin had. You are pointing to one or two plays to say that he has pass rush moves and ability to use his hands.

I watched almost all his sacks and he rarely even makes contact with the OT. Of course that is because he is too fast for them and doesn't need to, but that won't be the case in the NFL. He is going to have to learn to get his hands on an OT and then disengage in both the pass rush and run D. He has not displayed the ability to rip or spin or swim or bull rush and one example of it at the senior bowl is not a trend it's an instance.

Extremebillsfan247
03-14-2011, 06:46 PM
All the more reason to strictly go BPA. I don't know why some fans are still talking about players that can make immediate impacts. This draft is all about the future and who will end up being the best players down the road. Hell, even the best player available is going to struggle at the NFL level this year. Every prospect in this draft already has the deck stacked against them to succeed at the pro level because of the Lockout. The smartest non senior players in this draft are the ones who decided not to enter like Andrew Luck. That is one very intelligent individual. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
03-14-2011, 07:07 PM
^

I'd take Dareus or Peterson. In that order.If Dareus and Peterson are the first 2 off the board, I wouldn't be terribly upset with the Bills taking the first QB selection of the draft off the boards. If Dareus is there, I'd be upset if the Bills passed on him to take a QB though. lol JMO

patmoran2006
03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I HATE WGR.

I don't expect blogger from AFC North from ESPN to know who I am or anything about my website, but I KNOW that WGR reads my ****.

I reported about Von Miller overnight Saturday, and Buffalo Rumblings featured it Sunday morning (I suppose WGR guys dont read that either).. Yet Monday Evening WGR cites and ESPN report Monday that Miller will visit the Bills, via a "source".

LOL.

Apparently to WGR I'm not credible enough to run with "source" stories, but they don't hesitate to have me on and talk multiple segements about the athletes vs the media when Donte Whitner wanted to beat my candy ass.

I may not be big-time and Im certaintly not mainstream--but WGR SUCKS.. I beat you to the punch routinely, with half the freegin access and a fraction of your resources.

That's alright Mike Schoop..Keep condescenting callers when they disagree with you on the air.

BUMS

Extremebillsfan247
03-14-2011, 08:00 PM
I HATE WGR.

I don't expect blogger from AFC North from ESPN to know who I am or anything about my website, but I KNOW that WGR reads my ****.

I reported about Von Miller overnight Saturday, and Buffalo Rumblings featured it Sunday morning (I suppose WGR guys dont read that either).. Yet Monday Evening WGR cites and ESPN report Monday that Miller will visit the Bills, via a "source".

LOL.

Apparently to WGR I'm not credible enough to run with "source" stories, but they don't hesitate to have me on and talk multiple segements about the athletes vs the media when Donte Whitner wanted to beat my candy ass.

I may not be big-time and Im certaintly not mainstream--but WGR SUCKS.. I beat you to the punch routinely, with half the freegin access and a fraction of your resources.

That's alright Mike Schoop..Keep condescenting callers when they disagree with you on the air.

BUMS lol Don't feel too bad, I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with your accuracy on these stories. ESPN will typically out rank you with most sports radio stations though. That's just the way it is. I wouldn't take it personal. JMO

Mad Max
03-14-2011, 08:36 PM
I HATE WGR.

LOL.

BUMS

so they fired you huh? :D: I'ts ok man, we still appreciate your work.

Prov401
03-14-2011, 09:15 PM
If Dareus and Peterson are the first 2 off the board, I wouldn't be terribly upset with the Bills taking the first QB selection of the draft off the boards. If Dareus is there, I'd be upset if the Bills passed on him to take a QB though. lol JMO

There is definitely a real possibility of Dareus and Peterson being the first two picks IMO. If that were the case, I would want the Bills to trade down. I am just so sick of watching our first round picks being a non factor in their rookie season. And that's what would happen if we draft a QB. Never mind I'm not high on either Newton or Gabbert.

Extremebillsfan247
03-15-2011, 07:59 AM
There is definitely a real possibility of Dareus and Peterson being the first two picks IMO. If that were the case, I would want the Bills to trade down. I am just so sick of watching our first round picks being a non factor in their rookie season. And that's what would happen if we draft a QB. Never mind I'm not high on either Newton or Gabbert.Depending on how long this CBA mess stretches out, It's likely that every rookie in this draft is going to find it tough to contribute much of anything in their rookie season. It kind of changes the game of how you draft.

Buddo
03-15-2011, 08:43 AM
It certainly doesn't help that the first hearing of any of the legal cases, isn't for another 3 weeks.
I suppose if it went in the Owners favour, it might hasten things up some, at least in terms of getting negotiations back, but it still doesn't leave much time to cut a deal before the draft, which is ideally, for rookies, what needs to happen, so they will have a chance to get to OTAs etc, in a 'normal' fashion.
Another part of the issue, will be what happens if there's appeals to be heard. How long will that drag on? How many damn courts do these things have to go through before you get an 'absolute' ruling, and how long can that take?