• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Roger Goodells letter to the fans.....

I couldn't find a thread about this so, here we go.......

Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.

Yours,
    Roger Goodell
  • BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Roger Goodells letter to the fans.....

In my opinion, the players involved in the process are acting like a bunch prima donnas and are screwing over the fellow players that aren't considered "millionaires" already. These players can go **** themselves.
    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 03-13-2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
      • Mar 2004

Agreed

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

Dear Fans,

We are very sorry that we cannot figure out how to split up nine billion dollars. Don't worry, we will eventually.

Love,
        Roger

Comment

• TMu11
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          Dear Fans,

We are very sorry that we cannot figure out how to split up nine billion dollars. Don't worry, we will eventually.

Love,
          Roger
          P.S. no savings will be passed down to you. In fact, we may just raise our prices so both sides are able to earn more.
          After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

BOTH sides are at fault...if they remain locked out they're going to be in for a rude awakening...not much can turn away fans from the NFL EXCEPT for pure greed, and I dont think either side sees that.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Dear Roger,

F you

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

both sides are playing games.. Both sides will say what is needed to gain fan approval.

but i still say the books must be open just so the fans can really determine where the monies are going.... and to justify the constantly increased costs of being a fan. Until then it;s all hearsay and twisted truths

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Is the UFL is alive? If I were them I would take this opportunity and offer some good football for disgruntled NFL fans.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

DeMaurice Smith is trying to make a name for himself. He does not want this settled anytime soon.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Novacane
                      DeMaurice Smith is trying to make a name for himself. He does not want this settled anytime soon.
                      puhlease... he is doing what the players expect of him... Why else would Manning and Brady amongst others stand by his side.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                        both sides are playing games.. Both sides will say what is needed to gain fan approval.

but i still say the books must be open just so the fans can really determine where the monies are going.... and to justify the constantly increased costs of being a fan. Until then it;s all hearsay and twisted truths

That's really funny. The justification for constantly increased costs of being a fan are that people keep paying. They'll keep increasing until people stop paying. Opening books wont change that.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          puhlease... he is doing what the players expect of him... Why else would Manning and Brady amongst others stand by his side.

I never said he's not doing what those greedy players want him to do. In the process he is loving the attention he getting. If you can't see what a phony he is then so be it.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                            The Voice of Reason
                            • Jul 2007

I know some people who have already given up on the NFL. We work our asses off every day to make less than 100k a year, where they play a game that yes, harms their bodies and whatnot arguement you have against me but make MILLIONS and they're going to complain about that while their fans who pay their checks slave away and wait for them to decide who gets MORE millions?

**** you players, and **** you owners. stop thinking about yourselves and remember who is really paying your ****ing paychecks, THE FANS.
                            Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

They're all greedy bastards!
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X