• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Enroth

Keep playing the hot goalie Lindy.

If you put Miller back in, we'll blow this game too.

Enroth needs to see more action than just one game out of every 25, especially when he can keep us in games at times.

Miller just isn't the same reliable guy he used to be, probably because he's overworked with Lalime as a useless back-up.

Enroth looks like he actually cares, and moves quick from side to side and just always looks focused, and Miller just looks sluggish and lazy.

To sum up, Enroth should play Tuesday and the next game or two after.
    Last edited by G Wolly; 03-13-2011, 10:31 PM.

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Enroth

Enroth gave up 4 goals in his last outing.

Miller gave up 4 goals in his last outing.

How exactly do you conclude that Enroth has the hot hand?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

If LaLime is healthy Enroth will end up back in Portland where he has been playing more than regularly. They did not send him down last week as to save a move.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Enroth gave up 4 goals in his last outing.

Miller gave up 4 goals in his last outing.

How exactly do you conclude that Enroth has the hot hand?
        It's not always about goals against in their last game, rather than little things.

Although smaller, I feel Enroth knows where to position himself better. Miller, especially in Toronto, was out of position and sold himself too soon on at least 2 goals.

Miller's last game SA - 29, allowed 4

Enroths last game SA - 38, allowed 4

Now, those are just one game totals, but I feel like Enroth needs more pro experience, and he helps the team out too.

21 GA in 8 games is great, with a 2.78 GAA

Faced 224 shots and stopped 203 of them with a .906 save %

If it was one or two, even three games you could chalk it up to getting lucky. But keeping teams like Minnesota, Montreal, NYR, NJ, PIT, and Boston to 4 goals or less, that's not all luck.

I want to see him play more games.

Comment

• Electrici
          • May 2003

Miller's the best goalie on the team, you play him.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly
            It's not always about goals against in their last game, rather than little things.

Although smaller, I feel Enroth knows where to position himself better. Miller, especially in Toronto, was out of position and sold himself too soon on at least 2 goals.

Miller's last game SA - 29, allowed 4

Enroths last game SA - 38, allowed 4

Now, those are just one game totals, but I feel like Enroth needs more pro experience, and he helps the team out too.

21 GA in 8 games is great, with a 2.78 GAA

Faced 224 shots and stopped 203 of them with a .906 save %

If it was one or two, even three games you could chalk it up to getting lucky. But keeping teams like Minnesota, Montreal, NYR, NJ, PIT, and Boston to 4 goals or less, that's not all luck.

I want to see him play more games.
            I agree that Enroth needs more playing time, both for the experience and to give Miller the rest. And he looked good yesterday, with the exception of that sloppy goal in garbage time.

But we are currently tied with the Rangers for the last playoff spot. Carolina is only four points back and we play them next (so it's essentially a 4 point game), and Toronto is only 2 points behind them.

Now is not the time to **** around with getting Enroth some experience.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsfanryan
              • Jan 2010

I agree that Enroth needs more playing time, both for the experience and to give Miller the rest. And he looked good yesterday, with the exception of that sloppy goal in garbage time.

But we are currently tied with the Rangers for the last playoff spot. Carolina is only four points back and we play them next (so it's essentially a 4 point game), and Toronto is only 2 points behind them.

Now is not the time to **** around with getting Enroth some experience.
              I agree. At this point in the season I want a guy in net that has been there before, a guy who has proven himself.

Getting Enroth more experience would be a good idea, but something that should have been done months ago, not now.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

There is no doubt that Miller will play the bulk of the games down the stretch. He is definitely our number 1 goalie, although he has had a rather pedestrian season.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  There is no doubt that Miller will play the bulk of the games down the stretch. He is definitely our number 1 goalie, although he has had a rather pedestrian season.
                  I think people have set their expectations too high based on the Olympics and Miller's season last year.

The guy is definitely not having his best year, but that being said, he's still better than the majority of the goaltenders in the NHL. Hell, even here in DC, the Caps have managed to improve every aspect of their team in about 3 years, with the exception of goaltending.

Goalies the quality of Miller don't grow on trees.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by G Wolly
                    Keep playing the hot goalie Lindy.

If you put Miller back in, we'll blow this game too.

Enroth needs to see more action than just one game out of every 25, especially when he can keep us in games at times.

Miller just isn't the same reliable guy he used to be, probably because he's overworked with Lalime as a useless back-up.

Enroth looks like he actually cares, and moves quick from side to side and just always looks focused, and Miller just looks sluggish and lazy.

To sum up, Enroth should play Tuesday and the next game or two after.
                    4 goals is hot?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

I think people have set their expectations too high based on the Olympics and Miller's season last year.

The guy is definitely not having his best year, but that being said, he's still better than the majority of the goaltenders in the NHL. Hell, even here in DC, the Caps have managed to improve every aspect of their team in about 3 years, with the exception of goaltending.

Goalies the quality of Miller don't grow on trees.
                      I think that Miller, over the past several seasons, has been one of the very best goalies in the league. I have watched him game in and game out this season, however, and he appears to me to have slipped into the middle of the pack.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• PTI
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011

Miller isn't playing like he is special this year. Enroth has played this season, anyway, like he is just as capable as Miller. That's just the fact of it. Miller has to be the playoff goalie though just from his high profile experience, although Enroth does have some of that too from International tournaments.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Enroth's Save percentage is lower and his goals against is higher than Miller's

I am glad he was able to battle and win some games but Miller is clearly the better goalie.

Use Enroth to give Miller a rest when necessary for sure but to give him extra starts when Miller is fresh is not smart.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

while miller hasn't been spectacular and continues to let him a soft goal every week, he is one of the main reasons the sabres went on this incredible run to go from 10 points out of the playoffs into the 7th seed at this point.

I like enroth's record but when i see him in net, his lack of size makes me nervous on high shots.

he's a good backup option, but i don't think he gives you much more than that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

The guy is definitely not having his best year, but that being said, he's still better than the majority of the goaltenders in the NHL.
                              Losing Tallinder and Lydman didn't help.

That being said, Enroth will end up down in the minors to end the season. 'Nuff Said.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X