PDA

View Full Version : Dalton gets a workout by Bills rival.

Extremebillsfan247
03-14-2011, 09:09 AM
According to Chris Brown of buffalobills.com, TCU QB Andy Dalton has been invited by Bill Belichick for a private workout for New England. Although the knock on him has been primarily average arm strength, he meets a lot of the criteria that some people refer to as the Parcells rule. Having well over 30 starts, a 4 year starter and a record of 42-7 at the college level, Gil Brandt considers him a lock as a second rounder and believes he could go early. You can read more on this here. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/03/11/solid-reviews-for-tcu-qb/

This news did surprise me a little and makes me wonder if its just a due diligence thing on the part of Belichick, or if he actually sees something in this prospect that other coaches are missing. Maybe he is worth a look for Buffalo as a second round selection. Your thoughts?

justasportsfan
03-14-2011, 10:26 AM
I am sure that we are grabbing a qb in this draft. The bills for sure are studying each and every qb in this draft.

DraftBoy
03-14-2011, 11:08 AM
I am sure that we are grabbing a qb in this draft. The bills for sure are studying each and every qb in this draft.

The Bills have studied every QB in just about every draft since 2000, dont use that as your indicator.

Almost every team in the league studies every QB hard every year.

justasportsfan
03-14-2011, 11:11 AM
The Bills have studied every QB in just about every draft since 2000, dont use that as your indicator.

Almost every team in the league studies every QB hard every year.
Well my indicator is that Fitz is not the future and Brohm is gone .

TacklingDummy
03-14-2011, 11:49 AM
The Bills don't have to draft a QB this year because there isn't going to be a season.

DraftBoy
03-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Well my indicator is that Fitz is not the future and Brohm is gone .

But he is the present and for right now that's all that matters. If there isnt a QB they like in this draft (which is a real possibility) they may not take any of them.

stuckincincy
03-14-2011, 12:11 PM
According to Chris Brown of buffalobills.com, TCU QB Andy Dalton has been invited by Bill Belichick for a private workout for New England. Although the knock on him has been primarily average arm strength, he meets a lot of the criteria that some people refer to as the Parcells rule. Having well over 30 starts, a 4 year starter and a record of 42-7 at the college level, Gil Brandt considers him a lock as a second rounder and believes he could go early. You can read more on this here. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/03/11/solid-reviews-for-tcu-qb/

This news did surprise me a little and makes me wonder if its just a due diligence thing on the part of Belichick, or if he actually sees something in this prospect that other coaches are missing. Maybe he is worth a look for Buffalo as a second round selection. Your thoughts?

I'm not surprised. I'm on record as an advocate of Dalton.

justasportsfan
03-14-2011, 12:49 PM
But he is the present and for right now that's all that matters. If there isnt a QB they like in this draft (which is a real possibility) they may not take any of them.

I agree. But again it is my opinion we're grabbing a qb in this draft.

PTI
03-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Watch the Bills take Dalton in the 2nd because they think New England really likes him. Ugh.

Ickybaluky
03-14-2011, 02:20 PM
On-site visits don't necessarily mean the team is really interested in a player. Heck, they could be doing it to throw teams off.

Usually, teams schedule on-site visits (or private workouts) when they have questions on a player. It could be a guy who was an underclassman who declared (thus, they haven't done as much scouting as the seniors) or a guy overcoming an injury who they want a look at closer to the draft.

Really all a visit or private workout means is they want more information on the player. They could have divergent opinions among scouts and want to get a more definitive view. The Patriots do that a lot, because after the season they involved their coaches in the scouting process a lot more, and thus send them out to work guys out. The scouts do all the preliminary work, then the coaches are sent out to work the guy out and form an opinion from that perspective.

You really can't read too much into it. It just means they still have questions on a player's value an want more information before forming an opinion.

justasportsfan
03-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Didn't the patriots take Tebow out to dinner last year ...or did they have Tebow exorcize Bellichick? I forget.

Goobylal
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
It's all smoke-screening at this point. I'd like to know how many teams who "show significant interest" in a prospect actually end up taking him...outside of the first overall pick.

Extremebillsfan247
03-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Didn't the patriots take Tebow out to dinner last year ...or did they have Tebow exorcize Bellichick? I forget.I think Belichick may be looking for Brady's future replacement. He definitely has plenty of draft picks to afford to experiment a little and grab himself a project QB to sit behind Brady for the next 3 or 4 seasons. Brady is getting up there in football age. The timing seems about right. JMO