PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Peterson to visit Bills

DraftBoy
03-14-2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Patrick-Peterson-to-visit-Broncos-Panthers-Cardinals-Bengals-and-Bills.html

Bills continue to do their due diligence.

Bangarang
03-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Smoke screen. Notice how we're not hearing anything about Mark Ingram? Coincidence? I think not.

Mr. Miyagi
03-14-2011, 07:40 PM
Bills continue their posturing.

Like.

baalworship
03-14-2011, 07:57 PM
230 lb pass-rusher. Check. Another CB/Safety. Check.

Man, Dick Jauron must be super jealous of us.

patmoran2006
03-14-2011, 08:20 PM
I reported earlier that Von Miller was visiting the Bills.. I don't buy Buffalo drafting him.

However, I do think Patrick Peterson is a LEGIT candidate.. No inside info on that, I simply think given the Nix model and philosophy, he is.

tampabay25690
03-14-2011, 10:19 PM
I hope Patrick Peterson is shopping for his house in Orchard Park too......LOL

Glad he is coming in for a look...

Prov401
03-14-2011, 10:40 PM
If Dareus is gone, I want Peterson.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-14-2011, 11:50 PM
If Dareus is gone, I want Peterson.

wouldnt mind that pick at all really, ive grown on the peterson pick, simply because he is so great...

for me its down to newton, dareus, von miller, peterson

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2011, 12:34 AM
i would rather the Bills draft P. Peterson than V. Miller.

clumping platelets
03-15-2011, 01:13 AM
I would love to see Peterson taken at #3............hey! we have the 3rd overall pick for a reason......this team lacks talent at nearly EVERY position. Take the best player that is not a RB, TE, K, P, or WR at #3. I do not want Green

Extremebillsfan247
03-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Spiller had a workout with the Bills last year, and they drafted him. This is something worth keeping an eye on in my opinion. Based on what I know and how it played out last year, I would say its between Peterson, Miller, and Newton for the #3 pick. I'm thinking the Bills have it figured out that Dareus will either end up with Carolina or Denver. Next to Peterson, Dareus seems to be the most highly coveted of this years crop of rookies.

tampabay25690
03-15-2011, 07:16 AM
Spiller had a workout with the Bills last year, and they drafted him. This is something worth keeping an eye on in my opinion.

I would and every Bills fan would be happy with that.....

Ok I would be very happy and the fans would have to warm up to the idea until he picks off Tom Brady for a score the other way and the Bills win..........

DraftBoy
03-15-2011, 07:19 AM
In my next mock that Im working on now (4 Rounder) he is the Bills pick for me.

My concern though is that if Bowers knee doesnt check out Denver may not have another option but Peterson at 2 which puts us in a bad position at 3.

tampabay25690
03-15-2011, 07:26 AM

My concern though is that if Bowers knee doesnt check out Denver may not have another option but Peterson at 2 which puts us in a bad position at 3.

DB most know he is my fav pick in the draft......
Your coming around..........j/k
Looking forward to seeing your 4 rounder...
I have Bowers falling to around 10 spot....
He may fall like Dunlap did last year but not as far as Carlos did......

DraftBoy
03-15-2011, 07:28 AM
DB most know he is my fav pick in the draft......
Your coming around..........j/k
Looking forward to seeing your 4 rounder...
I have Bowers falling to around 10 spot....
He may fall like Dunlap did last year but not as far as Carlos did......

Not coming around, Ive been defending a Peterson selection for a while now. He's #1 on my board. I just dont have a big enough taletn gap between he and Dareus to warrant passing on a guy like Dareus at a need position to take Peterson.

Bowers fall is more injury related than what Dunlap say. It will all depend on what Bowers does in early April.

tampabay25690
03-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Not coming around, Ive been defending a Peterson selection for a while now. He's #1 on my board. I just dont have a big enough taletn gap between he and Dareus to warrant passing on a guy like Dareus at a need position to take Peterson.

Bowers fall is more injury related than what Dunlap say. It will all depend on what Bowers does in early April.

j/k on coming around part...
I know u like him as well......
I would not be surprised to see him go #1, 2 or 2 in the draft...

Extremebillsfan247
03-15-2011, 07:33 AM

My concern though is that if Bowers knee doesnt check out Denver may not have another option but Peterson at 2 which puts us in a bad position at 3. My thoughts are that if its Dareus and Peterson going 1 and 2 in the draft, the decision then comes down to Miller and Newton. I think it will strongly depend on how much Miller impresses when he does come in for his workout. JMO I think we are closer right now to figuring out who they have in mind for the #3 selection.

DraftBoy
03-15-2011, 07:36 AM
My thoughts are that if its Dareus and Peterson going 1 and 2 in the draft, the decision then comes down to Miller and Newton. I think it will strongly depend on how much Miller impresses when he does come in for his workout. JMO I think we are closer right now to figuring out who they have in mind for the #3 selection.

At that point I think you have to throw;
Green
Newton
Miller
Quinn
Fairley
Jordan
Jones

in a bowl and see who you like the most. In that scenario Id look for a trade down from a team coveting a QB or Fairley.

Extremebillsfan247
03-15-2011, 07:43 AM
At that point I think you have to throw;
Green
Newton
Miller
Quinn
Fairley
Jordan
Jones

in a bowl and see who you like the most. In that scenario Id look for a trade down from a team coveting a QB or Fairley.A trade down is another likely scenario if Dareus and Peterson are both gone at 3. Making it a decision between Miller and Newton would be a tough one in my opinion. All those other prospects you mentioned are all good ones though. There is still plenty of time between now and the draft. It will be interesting to see who else the Bills might line up for a workout between now and then. JMO

psubills62
03-15-2011, 08:23 AM

I guess that means you have Dareus #1 overall. That would put us in a poor position, though 1) I don't think Carolina will take Dareus, 2) we may be able to get someone to trade up for Newton. I know the Bills never trade down, but Nix said they'd strongly consider it if the guy they wanted was gone.

If they didn't trade down, and both Dareus and Peterson were gone by the 3rd pick, I wouldn't be surprised to see them select either AJ Green or Cameron Jordan.

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2011, 08:24 AM
230 lb pass-rusher. Check. Another CB/Safety. Check.

Man, Dick Jauron must be super jealous of us.
Who is the 230 lb pass rusher?

cookie G
03-15-2011, 09:38 AM
There's no sense in changing the Bills' drafting formula now.

I think we're a DB behind the Raiders for the decade.

I hope Al Davis doesn't jump in front of us to nab him.

Nighthawk
03-15-2011, 12:22 PM
Just say no! Please!!!!

Prov401
03-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Just say no! Please!!!!

Yea, don't consider the best player in the draft! Don't!

Silly goose.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2011, 03:20 PM
I think the thing is, and im sure nix realizes this too, we need instant impact, we need a sure thing... peterson by all accounts is the next woodson, and if it were me, i would take dareus but i can see them taking the best player in the draft...

we very much need a playmaker and perrenial pro bowler somewhere!

tampabay25690
03-15-2011, 03:59 PM
I think the thing is, and im sure nix realizes this too, we need instant impact, we need a sure thing... peterson by all accounts is the next woodson, and if it were me, i would take dareus but i can see them taking the best player in the draft...

we very much need a playmaker and perrenial pro bowler somewhere!

Well said..........
But wait Dareus will fix all are problems.....:sarcasm2:

I ilke Dareus as well but Peterson is the best player in the draft....

SABURZFAN
03-15-2011, 04:59 PM
this is the guy that the Bills need to draft.

baalworship
03-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Who is the 230 lb pass rusher?

Von Miller player at 230 something lbs in college. Same weight as Maybin and now he will be asked to take on offensive tackles.

Prov401
03-15-2011, 05:39 PM
By the looks of things, Dareus is sky rocketing up to the top of the draft. If Newton doesn't impress the Panthers at his private workout, I think they snag Dareus at 1. I feel like Fairley is better suited for the Broncos 4-3 scheme, and at Auburns pro day, it was reported that the Broncos spent an unusually long amount of time meeting with Fairley. But I think they'll realize Dareus is the better prospect, as many have Fairley falling.

A few weeks ago, I would of said Newton 1, Bowers 2. But both have hurt their stock, especially Bowers with that knee. I am just hoping Carolina picks Newton because if they choose Dareus, I have a feeling Denver is drafting Peterson, which would leave the Bills with a pretty decent size drop off in the talent area. I'd trade down if Dareus and Peterson are off the board.

Night Train
03-15-2011, 05:47 PM

Agreed but Cinci at #4 keeps looking at QB with Palmer quitting on them. I'm betting the phone rings with teams looking to jump ahead of them for Gabbert or Newton. Trade down opportunity has been my #1 hope all along, especially if Dareus is off the board by #2.

2200 value points for pick #3 equals an extra 2nd and 3rd for the Bills if they accept a trade down in most scenerio's.

I'm liking our prospects more every minute.

dasaybz
03-15-2011, 06:12 PM
Train, what makes you think that the Bills won't completely **** this up? Sure, if it were you, or Draftboy running the draft it's one thing, but we are talking about the Buffalo freaking Bills here.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-15-2011, 08:39 PM
i think woodson went 4...

tampabay25690
03-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Von Miller player at 230 something lbs in college. Same weight as Maybin and now he will be asked to take on offensive tackles.

His name is Von Miller not Aaron Maybin.
I understand some get freaked out because Maybin has been a absolute bust but VON MILLER is a different beast.......

By the way I didnt know Maybin played mostly LB in college?

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Just say no! Please!!!!

you can't be serious?

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
His name is Von Miller not Aaron Maybin.
I understand some get freaked out because Maybin has been a absolute bust but VON MILLER is a different beast.......

explain why you think that? because i'm not buying it.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-16-2011, 01:57 AM
could you imagine if peterson is on the board and cincy offers there 1st and 2nd and we still get peterson?

tampabay25690
03-16-2011, 07:42 AM

Watch both of them play in college.....

The thing I like about Miller is he actually went back to A@M for his SR year.
I think he will play at 245 range in the NFL but not a skinny thin 245 like Maybin is....Lets face it Maybin can't even take on a blocker Miller can.

Im telling you now he fits great as a pass rushing OLB and I think he will be like Shawn Merriman was coming out of Maryland..

Just my gut saying Miller will be very good.
He was the best player at the SR bowl IMO.....

I think Bills fans might want to look a bit more into him. I think there is a HUGE chance that he is drafted by Buffalo. Remember he worked with the Bills coaches for 2 weeks in Mobile and he still made a trip to Buffalo for a private visit. That really tells me the Bills are seriously considering Miller......

NOT THE DUDE...
03-16-2011, 08:51 AM
von miller would be awesome!

tampabay25690
03-16-2011, 08:54 AM

By the way nice AVATAR

justasportsfan
03-16-2011, 10:21 AM
It seems like there are two safe players at #3 that Nix can draft in this batch, Dareus and Peterson.

psubills62
03-16-2011, 10:27 AM
It seems like there are two safe players at #3 that Nix can draft in this batch, Dareus and Peterson.
I've been assuming for a while that those will be the two guys they're going to be deciding between. If they don't go 1/2, that is.

justasportsfan
03-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I've been assuming for a while that those will be the two guys they're going to be deciding between. If they don't go 1/2, that is.

Nix says he has to get it right , you can't go wrong with either. Reports are ,the panthers have stepped up their process scouting Cam.

psubills62
03-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Nix says he has to get it right , you can't go wrong with either. Reports are ,the panthers have stepped up their process scouting Cam.
Now if only the Broncos will draft Peterson :pray: I wouldn't mind him but I'd have a harder time getting excited about him than Dareus.

I've got a feeling Denver might take Dareus, but I'm hopeful they won't, as Elway does not seem fit for his current position.

justasportsfan
03-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Now if only the Broncos will draft Peterson :pray: I wouldn't mind him but I'd have a harder time getting excited about him than Dareus.

Same here

Nighthawk
03-16-2011, 03:55 PM
Yea, don't consider the best player in the draft! Don't!

Silly goose.

I hear this arguement, but I've never seen a team's defense get that much better by drafting a CB when the defensive front is in shambles. Yes, adding a great CB to a good defense can make that defense great, but CBs do not vastly improve terrible defenses...it just does not happen.

Prov401
03-16-2011, 04:38 PM
I hear this arguement, but I've never seen a team's defense get that much better by drafting a CB when the defensive front is in shambles. Yes, adding a great CB to a good defense can make that defense great, but CBs do not vastly improve terrible defenses...it just does not happen.

We have a whole draft. And let's be honest, the Bills aren't going to be competing for a Superbowl anytime soon. Nix and Ralph have both said we are building for the future. Dareus and Peterson are the best talents in the draft, period. If given the choice between the two, I'd choose Dareus. But I'm almost willing to bet he doesn't get by Denver. If that's the case, Peterson is the best player in the draft. The Bills went 4-12 not just because we can't get a pass rush. Every single position on this team can use an upgrade, aside from RB.

Nighthawk
03-16-2011, 05:53 PM
We have a whole draft. And let's be honest, the Bills aren't going to be competing for a Superbowl anytime soon. Nix and Ralph have both said we are building for the future. Dareus and Peterson are the best talents in the draft, period. If given the choice between the two, I'd choose Dareus. But I'm almost willing to bet he doesn't get by Denver. If that's the case, Peterson is the best player in the draft. The Bills went 4-12 not just because we can't get a pass rush. Every single position on this team can use an upgrade, aside from RB.

You don't build a team from the outside in...just isn't the way it is done.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-16-2011, 06:33 PM
You don't build a team from the outside in...just isn't the way it is done.

you dont take a lesser player because of drafting philosophy...:monkeyp: