• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Fan Union?

Maybe the time has come for us, the fans, to form our own union. Show the NFL owners and players who really runs the league. Does the thought of millionairs on both sides of the table arguing over money make any of you a bit uneasy? While we, the hard working fans, are forced to absorb the mojority of the cost increases in the form of higher ticket prices and concessions and so on. I know that none of this will ever come to fruition, but I'd love to see the day where the fans bond as one and put some serious pressure on the owners and players to make the game more accessible to families and the like.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Fan Union?

You make an interesting point...

However, our society has been stripped of it's common decency. People don't hold doors anymore. They would never band together for something like this. ****, most of them are so delusional they bought the line about labor unions being a bad thing. They go off of half facts that they "had their day."

The sad fact is that most other fans would just as soon **** you over to get a better seat, or step on your feet to get in the stadium one person ahead of you, etc etc etc.

It's a good idea, and a fan demonstration wouldn't hurt, but people are too narcissistic to get together to help the greater good....they all think they can **** you over and get farther ahead on their own. You know, how this country was built, every man for himself.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bulldog
      Maybe the time has come for us, the fans, to form our own union. Show the NFL owners and players who really runs the league. Does the thought of millionairs on both sides of the table arguing over money make any of you a bit uneasy? While we, the hard working fans, are forced to absorb the mojority of the cost increases in the form of higher ticket prices and concessions and so on. I know that none of this will ever come to fruition, but I'd love to see the day where the fans bond as one and put some serious pressure on the owners and players to make the game more accessible to families and the like.
      I wouldn't know about forming a fan union, but you could probably organize a sort of billboards across the nation event or something with a message to the players and owners from NFL fans everywhere. It would require an enormous amount of effort and work, but I think an avenue like that could be looked into at least. Just a thought anyway. lol

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

The solution is simple. Quit watching the games and buying the merchandise. You don't need a union to do this. Just do it yourself. You might be surprised what friends will follow.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
          I wouldn't know about forming a fan union, but you could probably organize a sort of billboards across the nation event or something with a message to the players and owners from NFL fans everywhere. It would require an enormous amount of effort and work, but I think an avenue like that could be looked into at least. Just a thought anyway. lol
          or we could post billboards demanding the NFL owners open there books so the fans can make an informed decision on who is really right or wrong.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
            or we could post billboards demanding the NFL owners open there books so the fans can make an informed decision on who is really right or wrong.
            I wouldn't advocate any of us spending our money so they can figure out how to divide the billions we pay them.

The ironic part is that in their struggle, both sides are hedging their bets that the fans support will continue to grow, and that they will be more than willing to keep dumping more and more money into the game. Both sides are united in thinking that they can't lose.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

One big issue;

We aren't an organized group of employees.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• malvado78
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by cocamide
                The solution is simple. Quit watching the games and buying the merchandise. You don't need a union to do this. Just do it yourself. You might be surprised what friends will follow.
                I don't want to stop watching games...

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                  I wouldn't advocate any of us spending our money so they can figure out how to divide the billions we pay them.

The ironic part is that in their struggle, both sides are hedging their bets that the fans support will continue to grow, and that they will be more than willing to keep dumping more and more money into the game. Both sides are united in thinking that they can't lose.
                  It's because they can't lose. Most fans could care less about this CBA crap, they just want to watch football. When things get back to normal and they will, fans will be right back in the stands, or watching it on TV all over again like nothing happened. This isn't the first time there's been a work stoppage in the NFL. When the game resumes, the fans will still be there, I can guarantee it.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid

yeah neither do I Was just having fun with the billboard thing since it's a sour subject here

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

i'm interested to see how the UFL responds to this. if they go and add three or four teams in cities where the team doesn't have exclusive use of the stadium, it'll be interesting to see how fan support is for the "lesser" league when there are no other options.

It'll be interesting to see how college football does.

I'm actually just rooting against the NFL at this point. i do think the players were getting jobbed in the whole thing. but i despise the fact that two entities who together have a golden goose, thought it was worth squabbling over the bird instead of just keepin gthe bird happy and laying eggs.

For godsakes, bad teams still get over 50,000 seats sold. they have boxes sold, they have tv sold, they have merchandise sold, they have advertisers directly giving them money.

I really think both parties just think it'll be business as usual when they return. if this is sorted out before the draft, then it just might. if they miss more than 4 games, i think a lot of fans will be surprised at how many other things they find interesting to support.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

I just started an NFL fan union. Dues are $100 payable to my Cayman Island bank account. PM me if you need the acct#.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

Someone has already been working on the fan union thing on Face Book of course.
                          I used to be a huge Baseball fan back in the 70's, 80's. I was always doing something baseball related. Going to games buying stuff following everything I could. I was a big Oriole fan and lived in Rochester and of course the Red WIngs were the farm team so it was easy. Spent all kinds of time at Silver Stadium watching the Wings to. Then they began the strike nonsense. By the 94-95 strike which was I believe the 4th in season strike in a 20 year period I had had enough. I said I was not going back and I never have. I casually follow Baseball in the newspaper but thats about it. My only viewing is a couple playoff and a World Series game or 2. Thats it. Just saying it is possible to walk away from something you love very much.

Anyway here is the FB fan union page.

The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• cocamide
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by malvado78
                            I don't want to stop watching games...
                            Neither do I. But why should the NFL ever change its ways if we're still going to watch the games?

Comment

• malvado78
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by cocamide
                              Neither do I. But why should the NFL ever change its ways if we're still going to watch the games?
                              I watch all TV including games on free OTA broadcast.

I pay no one and no one knows I am watching. So I won't help the cause.

I also do not care if the TV companies continue to throw tons and tons of money at the NFL.

I am not against the NFL Owners making money. I am not against the NFL players making money. I AM against the high ticket prices. If advertisers think it is good business to pay TV networks to place their ads in game s to help us buy their products. Good. Do it. Give the NFL money. Because I do not want your product and I do want the NFL.

What I do care about is the cost of the games. I have not attended a Bills game since I watch 3+ quarters at Giants stadium and the score was 6 - 3.

My friends were fed up and wanted to leave at halftime. I made them wait. I got up and left and while I was walking out around the the stadium JP Losman (Who relieved the oft injured Edwards) threw a 60+ yard TD to Lee Evans to win the game 13 - 3.

That was the worst game I think I have ever watched. I personally have not spent a dime on the team since.

I got yelled at by a Jests fan on the way out that my team was leaving. I told him I didn't come to see a baseball game (6 - 3).

I have family who have bought me 1 Jim Kelly Jersey, 1 Bills Hoodie, and 1 Bills T-shirst since.
                              Last edited by malvado78; 03-15-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X