• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

So did we "play well" tonight?

Let me see if I can guess the pathetic excuses that some of you will make for the ****ing inexcusable:
    -10 games in 14 days
    -Carolina played well too
    -We got 40 shots on goal and were 5-5 on the PK, so we played well.

****ing horse ****. We didn't play well and neither did Carolina. Carolina is ****ing BAD. I have no idea how they're even in the playoff chase. Their PP is pathetic, they make sloppy passes, they don't sustain offensive pressure.

But the Sabres were ****ing worse. I've never seen a goalie gift-wrapped a 40 shot shutout like that in my life. The overwhelming majority of the Sabres shots were weak- there are goalies in rec leagues who would have stopped at least 30 of those. Connolly can't finish a play to save his life. Montador had his head up his ass for the whole 3rd period. McCormick was useless tonight. Miller was the only reason we were in it for the entire game.

But hey, it's ok that Carolina is only 2 points behind us, right? It's ok that the Rangers gained two points on us in the playoff standings, right? It's only one game, right?

Nonsense. This team has no killer instinct. They are pissing away the few remaining opportunities.
    Last edited by OpIv37; 03-16-2011, 08:13 AM.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • clumping platelets

Re: So did we "play well" tonight?

Can't win them all

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Both teams looked like crap.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

While I think we had a decent game, we clearly just do not have that go-to guy.. let alone a ****ing captain.

We better do work this off-season.

I personally hope we miss the playoffs, by the looks of things.. Pegula will bring in whoever we put in the suggestion box.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• clumping platelets

There were nights I bowled "well" but did not score (i.e. walk thru 8 pins, pocket 7-10 splits). There were other nights I was just plain lucky, carried, and scored well. It's all in the definition

I once bowled a 620 series and NEVER missed the 1-3 pocket and had only 1 open frame. The following week I bowled 744, had 3 or 4 crossover strikes, missed the pocket a couple of times, and had 3 open frames. I bowled better throwing the 620 than the 744. You really need to understand bowling to understand my analogy to the thread

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Let me see if I can guess the pathetic excuses that some of you will make for the ****ing inexcusable:
            -10 games in 14 days
            -Carolina played well too
            -We got 40 shots on goal and were 5-5 on the PK, so we played well.

****ing horse ****. We didn't play well and neither did Carolina. Carolina is ****ing BAD. I have no idea how they're even in the playoff chase. Their PP is pathetic, they make sloppy passes, they don't sustain offensive pressure.

But the Sabres were ****ing worse. I've never seen a goalie gift-wrapped a 40 goal shutout like that in my life. The overwhelming majority of the Sabres shots were weak- there are goalies in rec leagues who would have stopped at least 30 of those. Connolly can't finish a play to save his life. Montador had his head up his ass for the whole 3rd period. McCormick was useless tonight. Miller was the only reason we were in it for the entire game.

But hey, it's ok that Carolina is only 2 points behind us, right? It's ok that the Rangers gained two points on us in the playoff standings, right? It's only one game, right?

Nonsense. This team has no killer instinct. They are pissing away the few remaining opportunities.
            Cripes, Op, take your anger out on the Sabres, not us. They stunk. I don't think anyone would say they played well, or this game didn't matter.

I'm as pissed about the game as you are. But these constant references to what someone might say as an excuse are really juvenile. Insulting other Sabres fans because you are upset is not really productive.

Your rage often overpowers your good judgment.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JD
              While I think we had a decent game, we clearly just do not have that go-to guy.. let alone a ****ing captain.

I personally hope we miss the playoffs,
              by the looks of things.. Pegula will bring in whoever we put in the suggestion box.

If you want them to miss the playoffs you are an idiot.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

Out of the last 66 available points, they have 42 of them.

That is a pace of 104.

To act like they are playing poorly in general is ignoring facts.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Should have played Enroth.

Comment

• Dude
                    that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                    • Feb 2005

I agree with Op's assessment on the Sabres' shooting last night. They didn't generate enough good chances, and the few they had they didn't capitalize on.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by JD

I personally hope we miss the playoffs, by the looks of things.. Pegula will bring in whoever we put in the suggestion box.
                      So if the Sabres make the playoffs, Pegula is going to throw up his hands and say "That is it, I've done my job, we don't need to improve". Lecter is right for once in his life, your post is an idiot.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

Being tired might not be a good excuse but it's a fact of like, 10 games in 14 nights is a lot in anybody's book. I give them a pass for this game plus Ward played pretty good. I blame Carolina for not winning by more and taking advantage of a tired team.

I look for them to come like they were shot out of a cannon on Saturday night.
                        Last edited by SabreEleven; 03-16-2011, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Cripes, Op, take your anger out on the Sabres, not us. They stunk. I don't think anyone would say they played well, or this game didn't matter.

I'm as pissed about the game as you are. But these constant references to what someone might say as an excuse are really juvenile. Insulting other Sabres fans because you are upset is not really productive.

Your rage often overpowers your good judgment.
                          well last time I criticized the team I got chewed out by the very Sabres fans you are defending. So, once again, when there is no legitimate defense of the team, the conversation is turned back on me personally.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                            Out of the last 66 available points, they have 42 of them.

That is a pace of 104.

To act like they are playing poorly in general is ignoring facts.
                            they play poorly when it counts the most.

This was a 4 point game against Carolina. We lost ground to them.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                              Being tired might not be a good excuse but it's a fact of like, 10 games in 14 nights is a lot in anybody's book. I give them a pass for this game plus Ward played pretty good. I blame Carolina for not winning by more and taking advantage of a tired team.

I look for them to come like they were shot out of a cannon on Saturday night.
                              I don't think Ward played that well. He made 3 or 4 spectacular saves. The remaining 36 were shots that trickled in from the blue line or lasers directly into his chest protector. He didn't play that well because he didn't have to- the Sabres didn't challenge him.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X