PDA

View Full Version : Cam Jordan to Visit

DraftBoy
03-16-2011, 11:05 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/3/16/2054068/cameron-jordan-buffalo-bills-2011-nfl-draft

The Buffalo Bills, like any other NFL team, get a limited number of pre-draft visits and workouts to spend on 2011 NFL Draft prospects. According to various reports, we now know nine of those players, with the latest name on the list that of California defensive end Cameron Jordan.

Jordan, a senior, will reportedly visit not only the Bills, but Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, as well, according to Joe Fortenbaugh of the National Football Post. Jordan has already completed a visit to Detroit.

psubills62
03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
I expected this, as it seems Jordan is quietly a guy the Bills are very interested in.

I certainly appreciate how much focus the Bills are putting on the front 7. It's obvious that they know where the problem is. Now they just need to chance to draft guys like Dareus to fix it.

Night Train
03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
He's one of the ones.

If the Bills receive an offer to trade down a few spots to aquire additional picks, then he's on the short list of who they still thought would be there.

psubills62
03-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Jordan joins Cam Newton, Gabe Carimi, Ryan Kerrigan, Brooks Reed, Von Miller, Justin Houston, Kelvin Sheppard and Patrick Peterson as players reportedly visiting Orchard Park this spring.
4 OLB's
1 ILB
1 DE
1 CB
1 OL
1 QB

DraftBoy
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
The bigges thing for me as I watch the rumors, talk to some people I trust, and see who the Bills are bringing in, is that the Bills appear to be focused on finally fixing the issues we all see plain as day.

Posters have been pointing out for a long time (like k-oneputt) that the Bills have constantly tried to outsmart everybody with their picks. We have to realize we aren't NE or IND we dont have to do that, nor can we afford to.

I think this draft is going focus on fixing the front 7 on D and finishing up the OL. Not a ton of skill players will be taken unless one falls and we are picking or we can afford a trade for one.

Its back to the basics for the Bills and honestly...its about ******* time.

DraftBoy
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
4 OLB's
1 ILB
1 DE
1 CB
1 OL
1 QB

Yea should of added Houston in there too, we didnt know that one.

alohabillsfan
03-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Great that means we are selecting, 1) Green, 2) Ponder, 3) ....

DraftBoy
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Great that means we are selecting, 1) Green, 2) Ponder, 3) ....

No no no.

1. RB Mark Ingram
2. LS Danny Aiken
3. P Chas Henry

Jan Reimers
03-16-2011, 11:26 AM
It seems like we're really doing our homework. Hopefully we will avoid the disasters of our past several drafts, by actually getting a 1st rounder who will make a real contribution, and sooner rather than later.

psubills62
03-16-2011, 11:27 AM
The bigges thing for me as I watch the rumors, talk to some people I trust, and see who the Bills are bringing in, is that the Bills appear to be focused on finally fixing the issues we all see plain as day.

Posters have been pointing out for a long time (like k-oneputt) that the Bills have constantly tried to outsmart everybody with their picks. We have to realize we aren't NE or IND we dont have to do that, nor can we afford to.

I think this draft is going focus on fixing the front 7 on D and finishing up the OL. Not a ton of skill players will be taken unless one falls and we are picking or we can afford a trade for one.

Its back to the basics for the Bills and honestly...its about ******* time.
At the same time, previous regimes have sort of tried to fix the front 7...they just pick the wrong guys (McCargo, Maybin). Let's hope this one can do the obvious when it is in front of them.

I like the focus so far in the visits. Seem like they're just doing due diligence on the skill positions, but heavily looking at front 7 players. I agree with your thought that this draft will really focus on the defensive front 7.

Unfortunately, concerning the OL, from what I can tell, they seem to be happy with it except for RT. I wouldn't be surprised to see them draft 2 OL late, but other than that, I don't expect them to take anyone unless someone they really like happens to fall.

baalworship
03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Jordan is a beast. I like him better than Bowers for our D.