PDA

View Full Version : Bowers to meet with Bills

DraftBoy
03-16-2011, 06:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6225157

Bowers is scheduled to meet with seven of the teams with the top eight picks in the draft, according to a source close to the situation. The source said the meetings will take place after his April 1 pro day at Clemson.

According to the source, Bowers will meet with Carolina (which picks No. 1 overall), Denver (No. 2), Buffalo (No. 3), Cincinnati (No. 4), Arizona (No. 5), Cleveland (No. 6) and Tennessee (No. 8).

Bangarang
03-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Can anyone take a guess as to which side of the ball Nix is putting his focus on? Certainly nice to see.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-16-2011, 06:31 PM
6 of 8 picks will be on defense

Philagape
03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Someone needs to tell them he doesn't fit their system and save them the time

:sarcasm:

X-Era
03-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Db,

Thanks for the updates! Started a stickied thread collecting the update's:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=201236

Let me know if I missed any.

Luisito23
03-16-2011, 07:36 PM
I would hate the pick!

Mahdi
03-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Im very curious to see how Bowers does at his Pro Day. Want to know if he has the speed and mobility to play OLB in a 3-4.

If he can, then his value goes up quite a bit due to his scheme versatility. He would be an OLB for us in our 3-4 look and a legit 4-3 pass rushing end as well.

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2011, 10:16 PM
no thanks on bowers.

DraftBoy
03-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Per Source;
Bowers knee is fine and he's training without holding back now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-on-DaQuan-Bowers-Knee-is-great-training-without-limitation.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Clemson blue-chip defensive end Da'Quan Bowers' "knee is great," according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Per the source, Bowers has recovered from his surgery to repair a partially torn lateral meniscus from January and is set to perform at his April 1 Pro Day campus workout.

"All is good," the source said. "Is and has been training without limitation for a long time now."

DesertFox24
03-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Im very curious to see how Bowers does at his Pro Day. Want to know if he has the speed and mobility to play OLB in a 3-4.

If he can, then his value goes up quite a bit due to his scheme versatility. He would be an OLB for us in our 3-4 look and a legit 4-3 pass rushing end as well.

Bowers can play 34 DE. He is tall enough, long enough, and can get bigger. Nix said he wants his DEs to be 280+ and Bowers could easily get bigger. Plus Bowers strongest part of his game is run defense.

Philagape
03-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Per Source;
Bowers knee is fine and he's training without holding back now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-on-DaQuan-Bowers-Knee-is-great-training-without-limitation.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Good, please Denver take him!

patmoran2006
03-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I truly think that Bowers is on the Bills very short list of third overall pick candidates:

Bowers, Cameron Jordan, Von Miller, Cam Newton.

Everything I hear is that the top priority at Bills brass is to get a guy who can get after the quarterback from the outside.

I have Newton's name in there as well because I think he, not Blaine Gabbert is their QB option to mull over at #3.

I know that NO ONE has Cameron Jordan rated as high as 3 on their boards, but I'm telling you this guy will go higher than people expect.

DraftBoy
03-17-2011, 09:01 AM
I truly think that Bowers is on the Bills very short list of third overall pick candidates:

Everything I hear is that the top priority at Bills brass is to get a guy who can get after the quarterback from the outside.

I have Newton's name in there as well because I think he, not Blaine Gabbert is their QB option to mull over at #3.

I know that NO ONE has Cameron Jordan rated as high as 3 on their boards, but I'm telling you this guy will go higher than people expect.

So you're saying Dareus is not on their short list?

If that's true then our FO is idiotic.

EDS
03-17-2011, 10:37 AM

The team can't stop the run and their top priority is a pass rusher? Jordan does not strike me as a prolific pass rusher, more of a solid 3 down end.

I would be o.k. with Bowers if they switch to a 4-3.

patmoran2006
03-17-2011, 04:44 PM
So you're saying Dareus is not on their short list?

If that's true then our FO is idiotic.

I can't say that for sure because I honestly don't know and it would be foolish for me to claim otherwise.

But honestly, no I don't.

Dareus is a great player and he could play 3-4 end to replace Stroud, and probably better than Stroud ever did. But, we are going to play far more 4-3 than people talk about, and when that happens, is Dareus a 4-3 end? We'll already have Williams, Troup and Spencer Johnson insde (I'm told he's probably going back to DT as we'll be a hybrid defense)

Dareus for all his strengths isn't a great pass rusher, so all I'm saying is that based on what I been hearing pass rush up front is their top priority.. Nobody has ever told me Dareus isn't on any short list, that's my insertion.. Obviously could be wrong.

For the record, I sure as hell won't be complaining if we draft Dareus, but "reach" or not, I really like Cameron Jordan if they go the non-QB route.

EDS
03-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I can't say that for sure because I honestly don't know and it would be foolish for me to claim otherwise.

Dareus is a great player and he could play 3-4 end to replace Stroud, and probably better than Stroud ever did. But, we are going to play far more 4-3 than people talk about, and when that happens, is Dareus a 4-3 end? We'll already have Williams, Troup and Spencer Johnson insde (I'm told he's probably going back to DT as we'll be a hybrid defense)

Dareus for all his strengths isn't a great pass rusher, so all I'm saying is that based on what I been hearing pass rush up front is their top priority.. Nobody has ever told me Dareus isn't on any short list, that's my insertion.. Obviously could be wrong.

For the record, I sure as hell won't be complaining if we draft Dareus, but "reach" or not, I really like Cameron Jordan if they go the non-QB route.

If the Bills go to a 4-3 than Dareus makes a nice pairing with Williams as the starting defensive tackles. Troup and Johnson are depth.

nolimit
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM
No freakin way troup is for depth...they picked him in round 2 to be a stud on the d-line not depth...I dont think the bills main priority is taking another DT...I think they go pure pass rusher or qb...I truly think its qb or bust with #3....

DraftBoy
03-18-2011, 07:37 AM
No freakin way troup is for depth...they picked him in round 2 to be a stud on the d-line not depth...I dont think the bills main priority is taking another DT...I think they go pure pass rusher or qb...I truly think its qb or bust with #3....

Troup shouldnt of been picked in Round 2 to begin with. I hope the kid pans out but they took a big risk last year.

EDS
03-18-2011, 08:37 AM

Troup is depth until his play on the field suggests otherwise. So far it has not.

psubills62
03-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Troup is depth until his play on the field suggests otherwise. So far it has not.
Patience, young grasshopper. Rookie DL rarely contribute, unless needed, especially in a 3-4. They often do very well their second year, though. This year and 2012 will be the years to truly judge Troup.

nolimit
03-18-2011, 10:01 AM
I just love how fans just forget about the prior year draft and think that the upcoming draft is goin to yield playmaking studs asap...I will bet If we draft dareus or fairley that there is no way they have the impact that Suh had last year...it isnt going to happen....The bills addressed d-line last year with troup and carrington...I would think alot less of our gm coach and staff if they didnt give those guys a full off season of training and see what they got next year....I expect big things from Troup and carrington this year. I would much rather draft QB and start that process...wouldnt be dissapointed in peterson or even miller...

baalworship
03-18-2011, 10:12 AM

That's my understanding as well from listening to Nix and Gailey press conferences. It's either a pass-rusher or a quarterback.

Ed
03-18-2011, 11:11 AM

Well if we are planning to be a true hybrid D and use a lot more 4-3 alignments then Bowers makes a lot more sense. We really don't have a decent 4-3 DE and if Bowers is strong against the run too then I would be cool with this pick.

I still would prefer Dareus though, as he just seems to fit really well in any scheme.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-18-2011, 12:05 PM
im pretty sure von miller will be the pick...

nolimit
03-18-2011, 12:21 PM
The thing I like most about this draft is that I have no freakin clue as to what why the bills r going to go...my gut tells me we start the qb process...

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2011, 08:59 PM
The thing I like most about this draft is that I have no freakin clue as to what why the bills r going to go...my gut tells me we start the qb process...

not if newton goes number 1... they will take jordan or miller...:rockout: