PDA

View Full Version : Carolina FAILED last night

THATHURMANATOR
03-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Vs a team they could have put away in the standings...

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 09:32 AM
why the hell can't we beat Carolina? They're just not that good.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2011, 09:35 AM
why the hell can't we beat Carolina? They're just not that good.
The Sabres are 1-1-1 against them this year.

They are also 4-1-1 against Boston, who is a much better team.

Sometimes that **** happens in hockey.

Which is kinda what we have been trying to say all along.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 09:39 AM
The Sabres are 1-1-1 against them this year.

They are also 4-1-1 against Boston, who is a much better team.

Sometimes that **** happens in hockey.

Which is kinda what we have been trying to say all along.

1-1-1 against a team right on our heels in the playoff hunt isn't good enough.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2011, 09:40 AM
I am not saying it is.

My point is that sometimes teams have another teams number.

And, since the two teams are close in the standings, it is not shocking that their head-to-head record is pretty close. That is why they are close in the standings.

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2011, 10:00 AM

Well, luckily if we can stay ahead of them (even if we lose the next game against them) we won't face them in the playoffs.

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Ward and Staal are choke artists!

rbochan
03-17-2011, 10:49 AM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/rbochan/diver.png

trapezeus
03-17-2011, 11:12 AM
vanek scores that breakaway against the canes, the sabres win that game. but they also had no business winning that game.

Canes suck.

G Wolly
03-17-2011, 01:22 PM
My point is that sometimes teams have another teams number.

And lately for us, two of those teams have been Toronto and Carolina.

It happens.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 01:33 PM
And lately for us, two of those teams have been Toronto and Carolina.

It happens.
It happens? WTF?

We lose to two teams right on our heels for the last playoff spot- one of whom is a division rival and the other cost us a trip to the Cup finals and your reaction as a fan is "it happens?"

That is completely illogical.

G Wolly
03-17-2011, 01:43 PM
It happens? WTF?

We lose to two teams right on our heels for the last playoff spot- one of whom is a division rival and the other cost us a trip to the Cup finals and your reaction as a fan is "it happens?"

That is completely illogical.

Take your own words.

A loss is a loss.

Your idea of questioning mine and everyone's fanhood is stupid and childish just because we aren't as upset as you after every loss

Even if we lost to the top 3 teams in the conference you'd still be pissy about it.

Why can't you understand that not EVERY GAME must and CAN'T be won.

A 1 to 0 loss hurts, against a team that's chasing us. But whining about it and trying to convince us to be more upset won't change the outcome.

So yes. It happens. Learn that.

And they didn't "cost us" a Finals trip. They beat us. You know why?

Because sometimes, professional sports teams get beaten.

And we had a lot of injuries.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Take your own words.

A loss is a loss.

Your idea of questioning mine and everyone's fanhood is stupid and childish just because we aren't as upset as you after every loss

Even if we lost to the top 3 teams in the conference you'd still be pissy about it.

Why can't you understand that not EVERY GAME must and CAN'T be won.

A 1 to 0 loss hurts, against a team that's chasing us. But whining about it and trying to convince us to be more upset won't change the outcome.

So yes. It happens. Learn that.

And they didn't "cost us" a Finals trip. They beat us. You know why?

Because sometimes, professional sports teams get beaten.

And we had a lot of injuries.

Cost us- beat us- it's semantics. They got to go to the finals- we didn't.

Yes, professional sports teams get beaten. But fans of a particular professional sports team want that team to win, because that's the definition of being a fan. So, going "it happens" when they lose is illogical. No, whining about it doesn't change the outcome. And neither does saying "it happens" and acting like it doesn't matter.

And of course I'd be pissy about losing to a top 3 team because it's still losing. Why are you trying to convince me that losing is OK? It's not, especially not to Carolina or Toronto when they're only a few points behind us in the playoff race.

G Wolly
03-17-2011, 02:01 PM
So, going "it happens" when they lose is illogical. No, whining about it doesn't change the outcome. And neither does saying "it happens" and acting like it doesn't matter.

And of course I'd be pissy about losing to a top 3 team because it's still losing. Why are you trying to convince me that losing is OK?

What the hell is your deal?

No one is acting like it "doesn't matter" or is trying to convince you losing ok. Get that through your head.

Us level-headed people just decide it's more healthy to understand the reality of teams can win and lose, that's just how the sports world works and it's why they play, and why we watch.

No one is okay with losing. You just make it worse than it needs to be. We aren't the first team to lose a game, let alone important games.

hydro
03-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Op is just a glass half empty type of person. No matter how many times you try to convince him otherwise you will get no where. He is always right so just get that through your heads already. Stop banging your head against the wall.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:12 PM
What the hell is your deal?

No one is acting like it "doesn't matter" or is trying to convince you losing ok. Get that through your head.

Us level-headed people just decide it's more healthy to understand the reality of teams can win and lose, that's just how the sports world works and it's why they play, and why we watch.

No one is okay with losing. You just make it worse than it needs to be. We aren't the first team to lose a game, let alone important games.

My deal is that I'm ****ing frustrated with sports teams that keep losing. Who cares if we're not the first team to lose important games? That doesn't make losing acceptable either.

Yes, the reality is that teams can win or lose. The reality is that someone could rear end you at a red light when you're driving and **** up your car- the fact that it's reality doesn't make it any less frustrating when it happens.

And I'm not making it worse than it needs to be- the reality is that we dropped two games to Carolina in the last 3 weeks and we could be sitting 5 points ahead of them instead of 2. Look at the standings and then tell me I'm making it worse than it needs to be. If Carolina wins tomorrow when we don't even play, they can catch us in points.

Yes, the reality is that no individual game cost us the season or the playoffs, but the reality is also that we ****ed up the first two months of this season. That means there is no room for error now. So **** this "it happens" nonsense. If "it happens" just a couple of more times, we're out of the playoffs. That's reality.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Op is just a glass half empty type of person. No matter how many times you try to convince him otherwise you will get no where. He is always right so just get that through your heads already. Stop banging your head against the wall.

when we lose 1-0 at home to the team just behind us in the playoff race, the glass is a lot more than half empty.

hydro
03-17-2011, 02:22 PM
when we lose 1-0 at home to the team just behind us in the playoff race, the glass is a lot more than half empty.

Maybe if you live in a vacuum and only have the mental capacity to think about one game.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Maybe if you live in a vacuum and only have the mental capacity to think about one game.

lmao.... I love it how the people saying that to me are only considering the last two months (in some cases less than that) and ignoring the 3 1/2 years before that.

Ebenezer
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
hey Op, I got a bet...I say Sabres will make the playoffs. Want to take the other side?

Ebenezer
03-17-2011, 02:25 PM
lmao.... I love it how the people saying that to me are only considering the last two months (in some cases less than that) and ignoring the 3 1/2 years before that.
The three years previous means nothing to this season. Same as you can't live off the glory you can't live off the failures.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:29 PM
The three years previous means nothing to this season. Same as you can't live off the glory you can't live off the failures.

but the first two months- where we sucked- are less meaningful than the last two months- where we didn't suck? Ok, sound logic there...

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:30 PM
hey Op, I got a bet...I say Sabres will make the playoffs. Want to take the other side?

What's the bet?

Ebenezer
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
but the first two months- where we sucked- are less meaningful than the last two months- where we didn't suck? Ok, sound logic there...
I said years...the first part of the season was very important. Where did I say it wasn't?

Ebenezer
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
What's the bet?
I'll take the Sabres making the playoffs....loser doesn't post in the Sabres Zone for the duration of the NHL playoffs.

G Wolly
03-17-2011, 02:36 PM
The reality is that someone could rear end you at a red light when you're driving and **** up your car- the fact that it's reality doesn't make it any less frustrating when it happens.

Well, dwelling on it and *****ing about it won't reverse what happened, or fix your bumper.

Do you keep staring at your car and try to convince us how horrible it is and drive around your smashed-up car because you're too stubborn to get it fixed, or understand that you aren't the first person to go through this and that sometimes it happens and all you can do is get it fixed and move on?

We obviously know the answer. You just keep finding arguments out of nothing. And just because the rest of us would get our bumpers fixed and drive off into the sunset while you ***** and moan in your old piece of **** car doesn't make us any less of a "fan" or that we like to lose.

I can play the analogy game too.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2011, 02:46 PM
I'll take the Sabres making the playoffs....loser doesn't post in the Sabres Zone for the duration of the NHL playoffs.
Loser leaves town bets are stupid bets, imo.

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I want to see Op post.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Deal.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Well, dwelling on it and *****ing about it won't reverse what happened, or fix your bumper.

Do you keep staring at your car and try to convince us how horrible it is and drive around your smashed-up car because you're too stubborn to get it fixed, or understand that you aren't the first person to go through this and that sometimes it happens and all you can do is get it fixed and move on?

We obviously know the answer. You just keep finding arguments out of nothing. And just because the rest of us would get our bumpers fixed and drive off into the sunset while you ***** and moan in your old piece of **** car doesn't make us any less of a "fan" or that we like to lose.

I can play the analogy game too.

lmao- if your trying to tell me that you wouldn't ***** if your bumper got ****ed up by some careless driver, you're full of ****.

And how exactly am I supposed to fix the team? I'm not Terry Pegula.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I want to see Op post.
Me too, even if it just for the entertainment of the rant.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 03:03 PM
wait, didn't we make the same bet last year?

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2011, 03:10 PM
wait, didn't we make the same bet last year?
I would ask if you are so drunk that you don't remember but I looked at the calendar and I know that you have already had about 7 pints.

Ebenezer
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Deal.
Deal. One of us won't be posting in the Sabres Zone after the regular season ends.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
I would ask if you are so drunk that you don't remember but I looked at the calendar and I know that you have already had about 7 pints.

I wish- I've been way too busy at work.

G Wolly
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
lmao- if your trying to tell me that you wouldn't ***** if your bumper got ****ed up by some careless driver, you're full of ****.

And how exactly am I supposed to fix the team? I'm not Terry Pegula.

See, another useless argument out of nothing. I didn't mean take the team and fix it, you brought up the "car crash" analogy.

And again. And I'm not sure how to make you understand the English language, no one is denying that losing, especially these certain games, sucks.

No one would be happy if their car was hit by another, obviously.

But most people wouldn't let it stay that way. They'd get it fixed and move the **** on.

Get it through your head.

trapezeus
03-17-2011, 03:35 PM
i'd buy the "it happens" arguement more if the sabres put in a hell of an effort. but they looked tired and worn out. and the hurricanes weren't really taking it to them. if the sabres just got robbed a bunch of times and missed out due to a hot goalie, "yeah, it happens."

but to be outclassed by a struggling team that would have given you some security about yoru playoff lives is a warning sign. It doesnt meant he sabres are done, but if they don't acknowledge themselves that that was just a tired and sad performance and that they have to do a lot better in the last 13, the sabres won't be in the playoffs.

Crisis
03-17-2011, 03:38 PM
that's a stupid bet

if op wins who cares??? there's no sabres news to talk about during the playoffs for eb to even post here for

if eb wins then op can't post in the sabres zone for the best part of the season.

sounds like eb wins either way

Ebenezer
03-17-2011, 03:40 PM
i'd buy the "it happens" arguement more if the sabres put in a hell of an effort. but they looked tired and worn out. and the hurricanes weren't really taking it to them. if the sabres just got robbed a bunch of times and missed out due to a hot goalie, "yeah, it happens."

but to be outclassed by a struggling team that would have given you some security about yoru playoff lives is a warning sign. It doesnt meant he sabres are done, but if they don't acknowledge themselves that that was just a tired and sad performance and that they have to do a lot better in the last 13, the sabres won't be in the playoffs.
As I said in two other places...neither team looked to have much urgency; very timid play by both teams.

PTI
03-17-2011, 04:12 PM
As I said in two other places...neither team looked to have much urgency; very timid play by both teams.

Sabres got 40 shots on goal and let up several breakaways. Canes had 33 shots on goal. Sabres blew it out in the 1st period and could not keep any steam, that late 1st period goal by the Canes set the game to be played at a don't make a mistake pace. Not sure about the lack of urgency by both teams. Not even sure the Sabres even played it safe the whole time.

chernobylwraiths
03-17-2011, 04:14 PM
The Sabres for the most part have played timid and lacked urgency for about 4 years. Probably much much longer.

JD
03-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Sabres got 40 shots on goal and let up several breakaways. Canes had 33 shots on goal. Sabres blew it out in the 1st period and could not keep any steam, that late 1st period goal by the Canes set the game to be played at a don't make a mistake pace. Not sure about the lack of urgency by both teams. Not even sure the Sabres even played it safe the whole time.

22 shots in the 1st period.

To follow that up with 18 over the next two is a ****ing joke.

But that first period total was the 3rd most by any team in any period this year.. so I guess that's pretty cool :whistle: