PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

DesertFox24
03-17-2011, 09:31 AM
I just like all of you want a player that is going to make us better. Dareus, Bowers, Miller are the 3 guys I really want. Some want Newton and some want Gabbert. I personally would rather go with Fitz who will be 28 in Nov and see if we can build a good team around him. However, one only needs to look at GB, ST Louis, Atlanta for examples of what a franchise QB can do for teams.

But what if I told you there was a one HOF in the top 10, just one guy and he was available at pick 3. Now maybe the other 9 guys are decent solid starters and a few pro bowlers but just one HOF. Would you want him?

What if I told you that guy was Peterson. No I am not a Peterson fan and no I do not want us to draft him, but I heard Kiper and McShay talking about Rob Woodson and Deion going 10 and 5 respectfully. This got me thinking would I be happy we drafted Peterson if he became a HOFer. I know the pick does not help us this year, but we are still rebuilding and probably will be a 6 to 8 win team next year.

I am just curious what your guys thoughts are on that. Personally I would rather take a shot at a QB, DE, OT, or Miller because those are the guys that you need to win games, and teams can just not throw to Peterson.

tampabay25690
03-17-2011, 08:40 PM
I will be honest I have no idea what the Bills will do................

I think most of us will say the same....
The Bills are doing a great job getting guys in to Buffalo and making the teams behind them think.....

But as of today I have no clue what the Bills are thinking...........

X-Era
03-17-2011, 08:44 PM
I will be honest I have no idea what the Bills will do................

I think most of us will say the same....
The Bills are doing a great job getting guys in to Buffalo and making the teams behind them think.....

But as of today I have no clue what the Bills are thinking...........I feel like I have a clue what the Bills are thinking but it doesn't fit what some here view as the top needs. QB is very much in consideration and IMO, is what we could easily pick at 3.

I'm even starting to think it's better than 50% odds we go that route.

tampabay25690
03-17-2011, 09:07 PM
I feel like I have a clue what the Bills are thinking but it doesn't fit what some here view as the top needs. QB is very much in consideration and IMO, is what we could easily pick at 3.

Me 2.......
I think with the ties that Buddy has with Auburn that CAM is #1 on there list.....
But if you put a gun to my head I would have no clue...........

T-Long
03-17-2011, 09:18 PM
I am dead set on the Bills taking a QB at 3 if Dareus isn't there. He would be the only one that they "might" think twice about. I honestly believe they are going to take a QB at 3, whether it be Gabbert or Newton....and I think it will be the latter. They will say Newton was their man all along, but I am hoping that both are there at 3 so we can truly see who their guy is. But, it's picking up steam where Gabbert is going to go #1

Mahdi
03-17-2011, 09:31 PM
I feel like I have a clue what the Bills are thinking but it doesn't fit what some here view as the top needs. QB is very much in consideration and IMO, is what we could easily pick at 3.

Same, I have a feeling Newton is the pick.

Nighthawk
03-17-2011, 10:23 PM

I agree...I think that the Bills end up taking Gabbert or Newton at #3. It just is feeling like that is what the organization seems is the best thing for it at this time.

ServoBillieves
03-17-2011, 11:11 PM
After one year, the Bills fans can probably see that there's a grab bag/mix and match of drafting of need and BA players. Spiller was BA, the next were necessary for the switch to the 3-4 and develop for it's future.

They've also brought in FA's who can fill voids, and this past season I truly believe Chan, Buddy and co believe was a tryout both for every player from Jauron's roster and those that they brought in themselves to see what building blocks they truly have.

A new team means new beginnings and young players. Peterson at 3 is great, because he seems to be the most all around in the draft. Miller, Dareus, and Bowers would all be huge too. But if we go Newton because Ralphy wants to bring in the dough? Then no.

He's (as stated by someone before) a less talented Big Ben who would still have no O-Line, and defense wins championships.

I can put what little faith I still have for the NFL in Buddy and Chan, and maybe we can see if they make the best decision in April.

better days
03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
I just hope either Dareus or Gabbert are there at #3. I would be happy with either. I think either of them could help the Bills for years to come.

Blacksheep71
03-18-2011, 04:08 PM
Peterson will increasingly be a need if Florence moves on and McGee's injuries continue. If you consider the various defensive positions, the DL has two good NTs and 3 DEs who are serviceable. At OLB we have some young guys worth looking at. Drafting a CB as potentially elite as Peterson would be huge.

In the 2nd we could have a look at Kyle Rudolph and still look at 3-4 DEs such as Guy and Bailey in the 3rd/4th

X-Era
03-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I am dead set on the Bills taking a QB at 3 if Dareus isn't there. He would be the only one that they "might" think twice about. I honestly believe they are going to take a QB at 3, whether it be Gabbert or Newton....and I think it will be the latter. They will say Newton was their man all along, but I am hoping that both are there at 3 so we can truly see who their guy is. But, it's picking up steam where Gabbert is going to go #1I think it's unlikely but they may not get the chance. Denver could move down to 4 with Cinnci for example and probably still get Peterson or Fairley. Denver could even take a QB themselves. But I think thats more unlikely.

I think it's more likely that one or both are there for us at 3.

X-Era
03-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Peterson will increasingly be a need if Florence moves on and McGee's injuries continue. If you consider the various defensive positions, the DL has two good NTs and 3 DEs who are serviceable. At OLB we have some young guys worth looking at. Drafting a CB as potentially elite as Peterson would be huge.

In the 2nd we could have a look at Kyle Rudolph and still look at 3-4 DEs such as Guy and Bailey in the 3rd/4thWith DL being so deep and the bulk of the top ILB's and many OLB's being available in the 2nd and 3rd, we could go a different direction at 3 and still be in good shape.