PDA

View Full Version : Martez wilson struggles at pro day

bigfish2112
03-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Illinois LB Martez Wilson struggles at Pro Day. Said one scout, "He didn't look like he wanted to be there." http://bit.ly/gor2iF

Bangarang
03-17-2011, 09:38 AM
An opportunity to impress people that could pay you millions and you show up disinterested? I'd have to hear it from more than a few people to believe it.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Dont understand the Wilson hype, sure he's athletic but that's it. If people think Poz is soft wait till you see this guy. I'd take Sheppard over him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

bigfish2112
03-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Dont understand the Wilson hype, sure he's athletic but that's it. If people think Poz is soft wait till you see this guy. I'd take Sheppard over him everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.I totally agree with you sheppard is the real thumper more so than wilson.

DraftBoy
03-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Short area Wilson is a beast, if you make him run sideline to sideline though he will not always wins the race to the corner.

Its a well known fact, the people I know who were there were underwhelmed with his performance but said it didnt hurt his stock much.

casdhf
03-17-2011, 01:40 PM
How is that a fact?

HAMMER
03-17-2011, 02:01 PM
How is that a fact?

a well known fact no less.

DraftBoy
03-17-2011, 02:15 PM
How is that a fact?

1. Because its a Pro Day
2. He didnt have a bad day, he just didnt meet lofty expectations.
3. He's still the top ILB in the draft regardless.

casdhf
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
He didn't have a bad day.

That is a clear fact?

casdhf
03-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Wait ... I mean well known!

bigfish2112
03-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Illinois ILB Martez Wilson struggled at the Fighting Illini Pro Day according to multiple accounts.
Wilson demonstrated "stiffness," according to Sporting News' Russ Lande, and CBS Sports' Rob Rang heard even more scathing reviews. "Everyone left that workout disappointed with him," said one scout. "His footwork was bad, his hands were bad, even his countenance was bad. ... He didn't look like he wanted to be there." This won't ease concern that Wilson was a workout wonder at the Combine, running the fastest forty among linebackers. Mar 17, 10:24 AM
Source: CBS Sports (http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/27938664?source=rss_blogs_NFL%20Draft)

Sorry just not sold on the guy.

Ickybaluky
03-17-2011, 02:28 PM
One thing that should be noted is that those are 2nd-hand reports you are hearing about players.

Not to put them down, but guys like Rang and Lande are not allowed to attend the Pro Days. They report off them based of what "sources" who were there tell them.

That isn't to degrade them, but maybe the "sources" they use have agendas of their own. Maybe they like the player and hope to put out negative reviews in hopes they drop some.

That isn't to say the reports weren't accurate, but the fact they are second-hand means they need to be looked at skeptically.

DraftBoy
03-17-2011, 03:26 PM
One thing that should be noted is that those are 2nd-hand reports you are hearing about players.

Not to put them down, but guys like Rang and Lande are not allowed to attend the Pro Days. They report off them based of what "sources" who were there tell them.
That isn't to degrade them, but maybe the "sources" they use have agendas of their own. Maybe they like the player and hope to put out negative reviews in hopes they drop some.

That isn't to say the reports weren't accurate, but the fact they are second-hand means they need to be looked at skeptically.

That's not entirely true, they are allowed to attend many pro days, some ban media, but I know that Chad Reuter was personally at Colorado's as was Lande.

I myself attended UGA's last year.

Night Train
03-17-2011, 03:34 PM
No thanks. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

bigfish2112
03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
No thanks. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

exactly :negrep:

patmoran2006
03-17-2011, 04:39 PM

yeah that's a school by school situation, I wasn't banned from UB's pro day last week.