PDA

View Full Version : The nightmare

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Since the trade deadline, the Caps have been on fire.

They had a 9 game win streak going before finally losing to Detroit yesterday. Currently, it looks like they'll be the 1 or 2 seed. So, if the Sabres do somehow hold on and make the playoffs, there is a decent shot they could be playing the Caps.

Nightmare: The Caps beat the Sabres in the playoffs.
Bigger nightmare: The Caps win the Stanley Cup.
Biggest nightmare: The Caps beat the Sabres in the playoffs en route to winning the Cup.

If any of those things happen, it will embolden the already obnoxious Caps fans and make life unbearable, at least as far as hockey is concerned.

Of course, the converse to this is the dream scenario: the Sabres sending the Caps to their 2nd straight first-round exit, but I don't see that happening. The Sabres have been playing above their level lately, but the Caps are a much better team that has also been overachieving.

trapezeus
03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
if the sabres meet the caps, i can see the caps choking. it takes one big first game to get in their heads. from the hbo special, it's easy to seeing that team get discouraged and have zero coaching talent to get them out of the rut.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2011, 11:11 AM
If the Sabres beat the Caps you might be speechless for the first time in your life.

And that, fellow Sabres fans, is a perfect example of BI-WINNING!!!!!

JD
03-17-2011, 11:30 AM
If the Sabres beat the Caps in the playoffs, Op has to be overly positive throughout all of next season :D

rbochan
03-17-2011, 11:49 AM
The real nightmare is this thread.

OpIv37
03-17-2011, 12:02 PM
if the sabres meet the caps, i can see the caps choking. it takes one big first game to get in their heads. from the hbo special, it's easy to seeing that team get discouraged and have zero coaching talent to get them out of the rut.

My sports curse more than counteracts any of that.

trapezeus
03-17-2011, 12:18 PM
pegula's ownership already started to change your sports curse. even you acknowledged that.