PDA

View Full Version : Gabbert's pro day

justasportsfan
03-17-2011, 10:38 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/college-football/Gabberts-pro-day-1093690

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/249989/6/VIDEO-Gabbert-throws-at-Missouris-pro-day-

mrbojanglezs
03-17-2011, 10:54 PM
is it just me or was his long throws kinda off

THATHURMANATOR
03-17-2011, 10:57 PM
just you

TacklingDummy
03-18-2011, 06:28 AM
Throwing to people who are not even covered does not impress me.

Ickybaluky
03-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Mike Mayock said his fundamentals and footwork are better than Matt Ryans. He said he has a big-league arm.

According to Mayock, Gabbert should be the #1 overall pick in the draft.

alohabillsfan
03-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Mike Mayock said his fundamentals and footwork are better than Matt Ryans. He said he has a big-league arm.

I Hope he does...

BillsWin
03-18-2011, 07:25 AM
I'd rather have Gabberts than Newton. He's a more prototypical QB, he's intelligent and pretty athletic. His off field issues are almost non existent to my knowledge and playing behind Fitz might do him some good. It's my opinion that being benches for a year might not sit well with Cam and his "I'm the $h!t" mentality.

DraftBoy
03-18-2011, 07:29 AM

They all flipped after his pro day, even Brandt who just a few weeks ago said it should be Newton.

This year is going to be nuts with no true elite level talents.

tampabay25690
03-18-2011, 07:38 AM
is it just me or was his long throws kinda off

They were..... looked like he was throwing short

tampabay25690
03-18-2011, 07:40 AM
They all flipped after his pro day, even Brandt who just a few weeks ago said it should be Newton.

DB you are right,
I hear mixed about Blaine and Cam everyday.....

Gabbert is just the flavor of the week since he has his workout....

Extremebillsfan247
03-18-2011, 08:39 AM
is it just me or was his long throws kinda off That's been one of the criticisms of Gabbert. His accuracy tends to drop when throwing intermediate to long routes according to reports I've read. There were a couple of times where receivers were waiting on passes that were under thrown in that video. But other than that, he did ok from what I could tell. He looked more natural dropping back than Cam Newton did in my opinion.

better days
03-18-2011, 08:39 AM

Yeah Brandt said Gabbert threw only one uncatchable ball in the workout.

better days
03-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Throwing to people who are not even covered does not impress me.

Well, what does that say for Newton then? He had way too many incomplete passes both at the combine & his pro day.

Saratoga Slim
03-18-2011, 09:33 AM
He looks the part, and sounds like he has the head.

I am just struggling with the 16 TDs to 9 INTs. He was 5th in the Big 12 for TDs. That bothers me.

better days
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM

I am just struggling with the 16 TDs to 9 INTs. He was 5th in the Big 12 for TDs. That bothers me.

Well, he did not have a lot of weapons to work with.

Extremebillsfan247
03-18-2011, 10:25 AM

Yeah, that is an ugly stat. He was sacked a lot last year too, 23 times. Another thing that is a bit concerning is his completion percentage on 3rd downs overall 44.4 percent. On 3rd and shorts its the same 44.4 which isn't too bad, but on 3rd and longs is where it really gets ugly 33.3 percent. His average length of completion on 3rd and long is just over 3 yards. Maybe he had bad receivers, or not so great of an Oline, but I've been leery of those numbers for awhile with Gabbert. I have a hard time taking Mayock's word for it when this guy looks more like a check down artist than a QB who can connect on longer pass plays where the majority of your 3 and outs happen. That's just my opinion.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Well, what does that say for Newton then? He had way too many incomplete passes both at the combine & his pro day.
Means who cares what he did throwing to guys who are not covered.

It's much more important when there is a pass rush and when the receivers have someone trying to cover them.

Rob Johnson made a living out of throwing to guys who were open by a mile.

BertSquirtgum
03-18-2011, 10:47 AM
blaine gabbert = rob johnson. we already had one, don't need another.

mightysimi
03-18-2011, 11:02 AM

I thought he said first QB off the board. Big difference.

kingJofNYC
03-18-2011, 11:24 AM
The guy looks terrible in the pocket going off the two or so games I watched. He's looking to bail out/roll at the first sign of pressure, rarely steps up when he feels pressure off the edge. Don't like that at all.

BuffaloBlitz83
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
16 tds 9 ints doesn't impress me. If the excuse is the lack of talent around him. Good luck in Buffalo as we aren't the most talented offense. We need a guy that makes Lemonade out of lemons not a guy that drops the lemons

better days
03-18-2011, 12:24 PM
16 tds 9 ints doesn't impress me. If the excuse is the lack of talent around him. Good luck in Buffalo as we aren't the most talented offense. We need a guy that makes Lemonade out of lemons not a guy that drops the lemons

I would take the Bills WR's over many NFL teams.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2011, 06:23 PM
He wasn't even the best QB at Missouri in the past five years.

Figster
03-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Big Cam Newton fan as you all know , but Gabbert has really peaked my interest as of late with his high wonderlic score and strong pro day.

It would not hurt my feelings If the Buffalo Bills draft Blaine Gabbert, especially If Newton goes 1st overall.