PDA

View Full Version : Roy: possible return in Mid May

trapezeus
03-18-2011, 09:39 AM
So if the sabres are still playing in Mid may and Roy is fully healed to play, what do you do?

Are you in the camp that says, "we were terrible before he got hurt, managed to dig out of a 10 point slump without him, and apparently have gone on a nice playoff run without him. keep him on the bench"

or are you in the camp that says, "we have no centers, if we did this well without him, imagine how much better we will be with him?"

feel free to add things to the conversation to make your case.

for example for me, i think if the team is in the playoffs and have line combo's that work and they are winning, he needs to stay on the bench. if they are shuffling lines every week (kind of like they are right now) and they win the majority of games, but lose some here and there, i say through him into the mix for a game and see what's up.

curious on your take to this PURELY hypothetical scenario right now seeing that hte team hasn't even clinched a spot in the playoffs.

PTI
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Play him. He is the Sabres best all around player other than Miller. How can you not play him. If you play him and he does poorly you can still trade him. I thought he had value to trade to a contender this year that thought they would go far into the playoffs. Roy has proven he is top 15 Center over the past 3 years, by point production anyway.

Mski
03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
even though his leg may be ""healed"" i dont think he would be able to play, that was a pretty severe leg injury, one that would prevent him from doing any kind of conditioning work, and will likely take a long time for him to "get his legs under him" i think if the doctors clear him to play, Lindy should def take a look at him as a 2nd or 3rd line center, but definately keep him away from Vaneks line

snow1989
03-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Bench Neidermayer....put in Roy....stir as necessary

G Wolly
03-19-2011, 01:05 AM
If we make it that far, don't play him.

Let him make sure he's 100% by September instead of risking further injury by playing in a few games.

CuseJetsFan83
03-19-2011, 04:46 AM
lets put it this way....... if you make it to the ECF or stanley cup finals........ name me one player that would say, oh the future....... you won't... they don't know the next time they get to play for the cup again...... i'd expect roy to be out there as long as he is at least 75%..... and even at that he's still many times better than neidermayer

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2011, 05:29 PM
Roy was our best player when he got hurt. Play him for sure