PDA

View Full Version : Fishing for Andrew Luck

Stewie
03-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Play GM for a moment.

You are calling the shots in this years draft. A once in a lifetime opportunity presents itself as your turn begins. Every other team in the league offers you next years first round pick (plus acceptable accommodations) for number 3.

Who will "earn" next years number 1 overall?

You have 9 minutes from now. No cheating. Google is your friend if you need him.

PS. I am not saying in any way this is a good idea. Much more interested in who you think is going to suck next year.

Ed
03-18-2011, 02:02 PM
I would probably take Cincinatti's picks. They're looking like they are only going to get worse next year.

DraftBoy
03-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Id take Cleveland's

Mr. Miyagi
03-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Cincy is losing Palmer and won't have a QB. They KNOW they're gonna suck this season. Why would they trade up this draft knowing they could very well end up with #1 next year and draft Luck?

HAMMER
03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Cincy is losing Palmer and won't have a QB. They KNOW they're gonna suck this season. Why would they trade up this draft knowing they could very well end up with #1 next year and draft Luck?

This exercise is hypothetical.

Bangarang
03-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Cinci I suppse.

alohabillsfan
03-18-2011, 02:58 PM
cinncy

patmoran2006
03-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Like it or not, Buffalo is a candidate for the top pick in next year's draft.

But yeah, I'd have to say Cinci is the best candidate; with aging guys, a QB mess, a coach who probably won't survive the season.

Mad Max
03-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't know if it's ever happened before but I'm going to go ahead and say it's the Panthers again. They were/are just that bad.

Mike13
03-18-2011, 04:39 PM
The Dolphins.

Johnny Bugmenot
03-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Buffalo.

Seriously, 4-12, much-abbreviated (if any) free agency, and a draft team of proven failures in Modrak & Co. It's a recipe for continued meltdown.

Yasgur's Farm
03-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Problem with this exercise is we can probably guarantee any team, having their own 2011 1st round pick + Buffalo's #3 overall will not finish worst in the NFL.

Prov401
03-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Cincy or the Panthers... So obviously Cincy since the Panthers won't be trading their pick.

X-Era
03-18-2011, 05:37 PM
NE. They will trade for the first pick, trade it back to us and take the next Meriweather later in the draft.

In all seriousness probably Cinnci.

As much as I would hate this this year, we probably get a 2nd rounder with next years 1st and maybe even another pick.

That could be two high 1st rounders next year, possibly #1 overall next year and adding another 2nd rounder this year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
I am not saying Andrew Luck won't be good, but two years ago teams were ready to take Jake Locker with their first round pick until he went back to school.

Akhippo
03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
I would go with Washington. They have no offense.

Akhippo
03-18-2011, 10:06 PM
If i was going to trade with anyone it would be a call to NE. They can invest in Gabbert as their QB of the future, and we get their first three picks.

Four "starters" this year would be nice.

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2011, 08:05 AM
I am not saying Andrew Luck won't be good, but two years ago teams were ready to take Jake Locker with their first round pick until he went back to school.I remember that. lol Locker was a pretty hot topic then. I'm interested to see how Luck performs under a new coaching staff. He doesn't have Harbaugh to lean on anymore. As far as who I would trade with, I'm not sure, maybe Cincy.

Night Train
03-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Id take Cleveland's

You know DB, ever since Holmgren arrived and I saw last years draft, I keep thinking this organization will stay a 2-5 win team for a very long time.

X-Era
03-19-2011, 09:29 AM
I am not saying Andrew Luck won't be good, but two years ago teams were ready to take Jake Locker with their first round pick until he went back to school.Heres the difference IMO. Lockers projection to #1 was based on the premise that he will continue to develop into a top notch QB. Luck is that already and doesn't need to be projected to continue to develop. Locker never developed past the previous year. Luck is already where we thought Locker would be.

X-Era
03-19-2011, 09:31 AM
If i was going to trade with anyone it would be a call to NE. They can invest in Gabbert as their QB of the future, and we get their first three picks.

Four "starters" this year would be nice.If they were willing to do that I would take it in a heartbeat. But, IMO, no team would do that.

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Heres the difference IMO. Lockers projection to #1 was based on the premise that he will continue to develop into a top notch QB. Luck is that already and doesn't need to be projected to continue to develop. Locker never developed past the previous year. Luck is already where we thought Locker would be. What changes now though is the level of scrutiny and criticism that Luck is obviously going to be under. Every mistake he makes this coming year will be amplified. It will be interesting to see how he handles all of that now that Harbaugh is no longer in the picture at Stanford. That could have some effect on Luck's game, how much is unknown. JMO