PDA

View Full Version : NFLPA response to Goodell's statement

X-Era
03-19-2011, 12:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/19/nflpa-responds-to-goodell-letter-your-statements-are-false/

One things is for sure at this point. The players will not negotiate until at least the first court hearing is over. And, it appears that they won't be negotiating at all; it's all up to the lawyers.

Personally, I think this stance will hurt their de-certification case a bit because it may be viewed as a data point showing they never intended to negotiate in good faith.

I wasn't sure they had a fundamental difference on money until now. I felt they could reach an agreement on money. But I know I've heard Jerry Jerk-off tell us that the owners want to rollback because the 60% deal was too good. This statement from them basically says they won't rollback. I think "seeing the books" is just a ploy.

Basically, I don't think the players will ever roll-back unless the owners show their books and show they are losing money. And I don't think the owners will ever do that. The only way this ends is with the owners keeping the % going to the players at it's current level or higher... That may be a long time from now.

The part that may get really interesting is if the owners are forced to show their books. As interested as I am in hearing what they show, it would create a total circus and give the players all the ammo they need to mock, and ridicule the way teams operate. And they will absolutely use the info against the owners in any further CBA discussions whether this go round or in the future.

I can see this heading all the way to the Supreme Court who may have to answer a fundamental question... Does any private company ever "have" show it's books to it's employees?

If I had to pick sides I'd like the players to lose because I can't get over how they are abusing the boss/employee relationship. But I think the owners will lose in the end and cave to a player percentage of 60% or even higher.

tampabay25690
03-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I blame them all.....
They all knew for a few years now that the CBA was going to expire.
Shame on both sides for not talking earlier.
Now all the fans are pissed and were the ones that pay the millions to the players and the owners.
I think it all sucks......
Yea lets wait till the last minute to work out a deal....
I don't feel bad for either side to be honest.....

X-Era
03-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I blame them all.....
They all knew for a few years now that the CBA was going to expire.
Shame on both sides for not talking earlier.
Now all the fans are pissed and were the ones that pay the millions to the players and the owners.
I think it all sucks......
Yea lets wait till the last minute to work out a deal....
I don't feel bad for either side to be honest.....Ohh, don't get me wrong, I don't feel bad for either side. They all can go **** themselves IMO.

alohabillsfan
03-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I would be ok with canx the entire 2011/12 season. The players would line up and beg to come back... Stick to your gunz owners! F#&k Union Babies...

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I checked that site out. I also participated in the live Q&A on Ustream between players and fans over an hour ago. According to Aaron Kampman who I asked about the rumor of the players boycotting the Draft he said there was no truth to the rumor and the players will not be boycotting the NFL Draft. I'll try to find the link for that Q&A session and post it here later today. It was kind of boring, but a couple of good questions got answered I think. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
You can check out the actual site and original response by going here http://www.nfllockout.com/
Here is the link to the video Q&A between fans and players. It starts somewhere around 43 minutes into the video produced by Kevin Mawae I think. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13426514 but there it is.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2011, 05:21 PM
demaurice smith is acting like this is the ****ing sweat shops or the 1930 40s when business was abusing its employees, its ****ing stupid. when he recently brought up the civil rights movement i wanted to puke, seriously??? i knew this obama hack was going to make this political...

**** them all players and owners.

Extremebillsfan247
03-20-2011, 05:39 PM
demaurice smith is acting like this is the ****ing sweat shops or the 1930 40s when business was abusing its employees, its ****ing stupid. when he recently brought up the civil rights movement i wanted to puke, seriously??? i knew this obama hack was going to make this political...

**** them all players and owners. Obama hack? lol The lockout and lawsuit have nothing to do with politics.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Obama hack? lol The lockout and lawsuit have nothing to do with politics.

demaurice is...

Extremebillsfan247
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM
demaurice is...Smith no longer has the right to negotiate on behalf of the players. He lost that right when they decertified. The ones in control of it now are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Smith no longer has the right to negotiate on behalf of the players. He lost that right when they decertified. The ones in control of it now are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees.

the pa is still talking to the nfl, and demaurice told them to do this.... they are following his word behind doors. on paper they are decertified, but in reality its still a union, just not in legal terms.

the whole thing is dumb. split it 50/50 and sign the damn cba

Extremebillsfan247
03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
the pa is still talking to the nfl, and demaurice told them to do this.... they are following his word behind doors. on paper they are decertified, but in reality its still a union, just not in legal terms.

the whole thing is dumb. split it 50/50 and sign the damn cba I think it's best that we know all the facts before we start pointing fingers and passing judgment. But that's just my opinion. The only time something becomes dumb is when we don't understand it fully. Just something to think about.

better days
03-21-2011, 12:21 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/19/nflpa-responds-to-goodell-letter-your-statements-are-false/

One things is for sure at this point. The players will not negotiate until at least the first court hearing is over. And, it appears that they won't be negotiating at all; it's all up to the lawyers.

Personally, I think this stance will hurt their de-certification case a bit because it may be viewed as a data point showing they never intended to negotiate in good faith.

I wasn't sure they had a fundamental difference on money until now. I felt they could reach an agreement on money. But I know I've heard Jerry Jerk-off tell us that the owners want to rollback because the 60% deal was too good. This statement from them basically says they won't rollback. I think "seeing the books" is just a ploy.

Basically, I don't think the players will ever roll-back unless the owners show their books and show they are losing money. And I don't think the owners will ever do that. The only way this ends is with the owners keeping the % going to the players at it's current level or higher... That may be a long time from now.

The part that may get really interesting is if the owners are forced to show their books. As interested as I am in hearing what they show, it would create a total circus and give the players all the ammo they need to mock, and ridicule the way teams operate. And they will absolutely use the info against the owners in any further CBA discussions whether this go round or in the future.

I can see this heading all the way to the Supreme Court who may have to answer a fundamental question... Does any private company ever "have" show it's books to it's employees?

If I had to pick sides I'd like the players to lose because I can't get over how they are abusing the boss/employee relationship. But I think the owners will lose in the end and cave to a player percentage of 60% or even higher.

Well players are already crying about cobra payments. I doubt they will outlast the owners & the longer it takes to make a deal IMO the better the deal will be for the owners when it is made.

The NHL sat out an entire season that those guys will never get back & took a 25% pay cut when they did make the deal. I think they could have had a better deal or at least as good had they agreed sooner.

Novacane
03-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Go ahead and have no football. I'll live. And I won't lose a dime either!

alohabillsfan
03-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Yep, thats what I've been saying the longer it takes the better deal the owners get... I can wait...