PDA

View Full Version : My Bills Mock v2...Drumroll, please...

YardRat
03-20-2011, 09:35 AM
1. Von Miller, OLB, Texas A & M - Dareus would be on my wish list, but IMO he and Peterson go 1 & 2. If we can't get Bruce 2.0, we might as well snag Biscuit Jr. for the D. Bowers doesn't fit, Fairley has a couple of flags, and no way in hell Nix/Gailey touch Newton or Gabbert at #3. Miller becomes an instant starter for the front seven, with real potential to be the 'impact' player the team has referred to in past comments.

2. Christian Ponder, QB, Fla. St - Again, if Martez Wilson or Gabe Carimi are here I'd hop all over them, but they're going in the first. Gailey has had a hard-on for Ponder for a long time, and I've got a feeling this is the guy the Bills think they can develop and build around for the future.

3. Lawrence Guy, DT, Arizona - Good combination of size, strength and athleticism that should allow him to play outside in a 34, inside in a 43.

4. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU - Long arms, good weight...could be a solid RT if he decides he wants to commit to an NFL career.

4. Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel - Solid man-to-man prospect, good tackler, decent speed. He has the tools to at least contribute on a regular basis and push Youboty out the door.

5. Da'Norris Searcy, SS, NC - Return ability, apparent nose for the ball, possible loss of Whitner make this former suspended Tar Heel attractive this late in the draft.

6. Karl Klug, DE, Iowa - Kinda light in the ass (275), but characterized as 'hard-working' and 'high motor'...You just know we're going to take at least one of those. Think Mark Pike, and special teams.

7. Bryant Browning, OG, Ohio State - Could compete for a back-up spot...versatility inside and outside helps.

IMO Dareus and Wilson at #3 and #34 would be my dream first two rounds, and I'm really not fond of the Ponder pick, but I've gotten used to that feeling over the last 10 years on draft days anyway. Couldn't find a TE or ILB in the proper spots that I would replace any of the above picks with.

Blacksheep71
03-20-2011, 10:11 AM
R1. Trade down - playing Cinci off against Arizona and get an extra R2 (No3 = 2200pts v No5 1700pts and No38 520pts)

At No5 take Patrick Peterson CB, best player in the draft. CB could become an acute need if McGee is injury prone. McKelvin/Corner will be picked on at will

Trade back into R1 at No22 (ish) using No34 (560pts) and No68 (250pts) and take Muhammed Wilkerson DE

R2 (from Arizona) Kyle Rudolph TE
A massive need and the best player in the draft at his position for the next two years

R4a Lawrence Guy DE
I actually think we can grab Guy in the 4th

R4b Thomas Keiser OLB
Knows how to get to the opposition QB

R5 Darius Morris RG/RT
If Wood moves to Center he can take over, and if he remains in place, Morris can start at RT

R6 Alex Wujciak, ILB
Not the most athletic but an ideal part for Pozlusny

R7 Davonte Shannon SS
A football player to replace Whitner on the roster

I've never seen many sub-250lbs 3-4 OLBs taken in the top3 and my concern is Miller will struggle. Likewise, unless Ponder can beat out Fitz guaranteed we need our R2 selection on the field.

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 10:21 AM
If our next starter at SS is a rookie 7th round draft choice then we're screwed. I'll take Whitner back instead.

Bangarang
03-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Can we stop with this whole trade down thing. It's not going to happen.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2011, 10:35 AM
The only pick I don't like is Ponder.

better days
03-20-2011, 10:47 AM
I hope you are correct about Peterson going #2 but I don't see that happening myself. If Nix & Gailey are not sold on Gabbert & Dareus is gone I would be happy with Miller.

NOT THE DUDE...
03-20-2011, 01:24 PM
dude you forgot ilb.... we need 2

wozrob11
03-20-2011, 01:31 PM
i like it good job

HAMMER
03-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Better yet, can we stop with all the poster mock drafts?:deadhorse

Nighthawk
03-20-2011, 03:28 PM

Agreed! Fantasy world!

Ginger Vitis
03-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Not bad Yardrat I like Ponder in the 2nd.. I wish you would have addressed ILB earlier than the 6nd Round

Buffalogic
03-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Ponder won't make it past pick 25 and I don't see any scenario where he's not a first round pick. But I'd love to have him in the second if there

DraftBoy
03-21-2011, 07:40 AM
1. Von Miller, OLB, Texas A & M - Dareus would be on my wish list, but IMO he and Peterson go 1 & 2. If we can't get Bruce 2.0, we might as well snag Biscuit Jr. for the D. Bowers doesn't fit, Fairley has a couple of flags, and no way in hell Nix/Gailey touch Newton or Gabbert at #3. Miller becomes an instant starter for the front seven, with real potential to be the 'impact' player the team has referred to in past comments.

2. Christian Ponder, QB, Fla. St - Again, if Martez Wilson or Gabe Carimi are here I'd hop all over them, but they're going in the first. Gailey has had a hard-on for Ponder for a long time, and I've got a feeling this is the guy the Bills think they can develop and build around for the future.

3. Lawrence Guy, DT, Arizona - Good combination of size, strength and athleticism that should allow him to play outside in a 34, inside in a 43.

4. Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU - Long arms, good weight...could be a solid RT if he decides he wants to commit to an NFL career.

4. Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel - Solid man-to-man prospect, good tackler, decent speed. He has the tools to at least contribute on a regular basis and push Youboty out the door.

5. Da'Norris Searcy, SS, NC - Return ability, apparent nose for the ball, possible loss of Whitner make this former suspended Tar Heel attractive this late in the draft.

6. Karl Klug, DE, Iowa - Kinda light in the ass (275), but characterized as 'hard-working' and 'high motor'...You just know we're going to take at least one of those. Think Mark Pike, and special teams.

7. Bryant Browning, OG, Ohio State - Could compete for a back-up spot...versatility inside and outside helps.

IMO Dareus and Wilson at #3 and #34 would be my dream first two rounds, and I'm really not fond of the Ponder pick, but I've gotten used to that feeling over the last 10 years on draft days anyway. Couldn't find a TE or ILB in the proper spots that I would replace any of the above picks with.

Im just not a big fan of Von Miller, especially if what some speculate is true and we move to more 4-3 looks. He needs to play in a 3-4, and he has zero LB experience. I dont get the hype, because on tape you see he can absolutely fly and he hits well, but he doesnt always show proper technique in breaking down, and he at times plays out of control.

Ponder ain't bad, but taking him and avoiding the lines is a tough pill to swallow.

I really dont get why every mock has us taking Lawrence Guy, yes he has 3-4 DE potential, but in the 3rd Round? Just seems a little high to me. Im thinking more like 4th-5th.

I love both the 4th Round picks both value, need, and potential wise. Terrific picks there.

Searcy I think you have going a little high and you mention his return ability which is a plus but Im not sure how well its translates to the NFL. He relies on vision more than speed to return and that tends to work a little better in college.

Klug and Browning both are good solid picks to end the draft and again address the lines lack of depth.

Not bad overall, plenty Id change but plenty I like.