PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Loss

camelcowboy
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Teams soft, Millers Soft

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't know about either of those comments, but that was a joke.

Crisis
03-20-2011, 06:37 PM
miller lets in some of the softest goals for a "top goalie"

kelly2reed4six
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I believe SICKENING is the right word!

Nighthawk
03-20-2011, 06:38 PM
miller lets in some of the softest goals for a "top goalie"

He isn't elite...that is just a fact.

camelcowboy
03-20-2011, 06:41 PM
If they do make it to the playoffs how do expect to win a series with meltdowns like that. For our top sniper vanek can't hit the broadside of a barn. Captain material my ass.

SabreEleven
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Vanek refuses to shoot when he has the puck in the slot more than once.

Crisis
03-20-2011, 06:43 PM
vanek needs to bury those chances but it's not like he's playing terrible either....he's atleast creating scoring chances and the effort is there.

and miller is a good goalie with one elite season....he's not in the upper echelon of goalies.

Crisis
03-20-2011, 06:46 PM
and it's a terrible loss but atleast they finished the chokejob in OT and not regulation i guess

camelcowboy
03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I think that is an "opinion".

Not a fact.He's a ok goalie with a couple good years,one elite one and a quite average one this year.

CuseJetsFan83
03-20-2011, 07:00 PM
the second nashville goal shouldn't have even been there, but bad play by the d.......... 1st goal....... well..... i guess give the assist to gaustad..... but goals 3 and 4 were millers fault

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 07:03 PM
the second nashville goal shouldn't have even been there, but bad play by the d.......... 1st goal....... well..... i guess give the assist to gaustad..... but goals 3 and 4 were millers fault
I don't disagree but if Myers doesn't wiff behind the net Nashville doesn't gain control.

Personally, they choked.

CuseJetsFan83
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't disagree but if Myers doesn't wiff behind the net Nashville doesn't gain control.

Personally, they choked.

oh i am not saying they choked..... a playoff caliber team would NEVER give up 3 goals in a 3-4 minute span (including OT).

just saying miller may be "soft" but he isn't solely to blame.

i feel bad for gerbe though, hell of a game outta that kid

SabreEleven
03-20-2011, 07:13 PM

The 4th goal was Miller's fault? How so?

Crisis
03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
i'd actually put more blame on miller for the second than the third goal, that type of deflection + the bounce it took are extremely difficult to stop.

clumping platelets
03-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Sekera MUST go!

JD
03-20-2011, 07:51 PM
My thoughts:

Miller is average.
Vanek is lazy.
Lindy should be replaced.. Sekera in early OT after ****ing the game up? REALLY!?!? REALLY!?!?!?!?

Crisis
03-20-2011, 09:04 PM
vanek lazy?? do you watch the games?

THATHURMANATOR
03-20-2011, 09:10 PM
TERRIBLE LOSS.

When did Sekera F up the game though?

Also Vanek is one of the hardest working players on this team. I dont get the lazy comments made about him.

OpIv37
03-20-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't think Vanek's lazy. He just has slightly above average talent despite his elite paycheck. I'm very critical of his results (actually, lack thereof), but I see nothing wrong with his effort.

snow1989
03-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Miller let in soft goals....and no matter what he says, or Lindy says...it just seems like fatigue...some physical, but more mentally...I know it would hurt our chances, but Enroth should play a few games and they should rest Miller. We might not make the playoffs doing that, but even if we keep playing Miller and did we wouldn't go far with soft goals like tonight's being scored

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Miller let in soft goals....and no matter what he says, or Lindy says...it just seems like fatigue...some physical, but more mentally...I know it would hurt our chances, but Enroth should play a few games and they should rest Miller. We might not make the playoffs doing that, but even if we keep playing Miller and did we wouldn't go far with soft goals like tonight's being scored
Enroth should have played today - no disagreement there.

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Enroth should have played today - no disagreement there.
In fact, I lay this on Lindy...Enroth should have got the call and he kept putting Myers and Sekera out there at the end...completely missed the boat.

clumping platelets
03-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Sekera SUCKS massive moose

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Sekera SUCKS massive moose
Myers was out there, too.

clumping platelets
03-20-2011, 10:41 PM
It wasn't Myers who caused that second Preds goal. Sekera should have shot it around the boards behind the net. Sekera was at fault for the OT goal as well.

JD
03-20-2011, 11:46 PM
vanek lazy?? do you watch the games?
DO YOU!?

His points are deceiving my friend!

I love him in front of the net, as I said. But if you WATCH the guy, or possibly... GO TO GAMES.. you will see Vanek at the ass end of every play. He is the last player back down the ice after a turnover, consistently. He has about one solid stride in him per shift and he's winded. With the hands he has, it's truly a ****ing shame he cannot grind out shifts in stride.

JD
03-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't think Vanek's lazy. He just has slightly above average talent despite his elite paycheck. I'm very critical of his results (actually, lack thereof), but I see nothing wrong with his effort.
Well, now I'm clearly wrong.

Ebenezer
03-20-2011, 11:56 PM
It wasn't Myers who caused that second Preds goal. Sekera should have shot it around the boards behind the net. Sekera was at fault for the OT goal as well.
Myers wiffed big time behind the net in OT. All he has to do is gain control, turn around and clear the puck. Talk about choke when it's critical.

Crisis
03-21-2011, 12:51 AM
DO YOU!?

His points are deceiving my friend!

I love him in front of the net, as I said. But if you WATCH the guy, or possibly... GO TO GAMES.. you will see Vanek at the ass end of every play. He is the last player back down the ice after a turnover, consistently. He has about one solid stride in him per shift and he's winded. With the hands he has, it's truly a ****ing shame he cannot grind out shifts in stride.

you're literally probably the only person who would call vanek lazy this season.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 05:30 AM
He is not lazy.

Nor is "slightly above average".

Overpaid? Sure.

Just above average? No way,

Look at his goal numbers the past 5 years and compare it the rest of the league.

No way can anybody reasonably say slightly above average.

I am not sure what statement is more inaccurate - lazy or yours.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 05:33 AM
I don't know how anybody can watch Vanek and call him lazy.

That is past idiotic.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 05:43 AM
They damn well better bounce back Tuesday against Montreal. That will be interesting.

Being 3 up on Carolina is great - but they need to get 12 out of their last 20 points.

How the hell they blew that is beyond confusing. They had them shutdown. There is plenty of blame to go around - Miller, Myers, Sekera, the offense for not cashing in the 4th goal, Lindy, etc.

SabreEleven
03-21-2011, 06:01 AM
Your mom

tampabay25690
03-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Tough loss they need to regroup and move on.....

tampabay25690
03-21-2011, 06:10 AM
TERRIBLE LOSS.

When did Sekera F up the game though?

Also Vanek is one of the hardest working players on this team. I dont get the lazy comments made about him.

I agree Im trying to figure out if I wacthed the same game as the Vanek being lazy and Sekera sucks balls................

Vanek is far from lazy...
Sekera still young is improving at times but yes will make some mistakes.
It's funny how NO one gets on Tyler Myers he makes mistakes too.....

They lost the game and we move on...

Cleve
03-21-2011, 07:58 AM
If only we could swap some of those 6 extra goals from the Thrasher game into this one - LOL

Ahh well, at least they came away with a point.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I agree Im trying to figure out if I wacthed the same game as the Vanek being lazy and Sekera sucks balls................

Vanek is far from lazy...
Sekera still young is improving at times but yes will make some mistakes.
It's funny how NO one gets on Tyler Myers he makes mistakes too.....

They lost the game and we move on...
Myers wiffed on puck in OT.

Sekera looks very good lately.

Cleve
03-21-2011, 10:49 AM
I think we should keep in mind a few things;

It's hard for any team to maintain the intensity level they displayed the night before against the Thrashers

They had less than 24 hrs downtime between the two games.

They got a point from this game - not a complete loss for them.

In general, the team has been playing very well lately.

Ebenezer
03-21-2011, 10:52 AM
I think we should keep in mind a few things;

It's hard for any team to maintain the intensity level they displayed the night before against the Thrashers

They had less than 24 hrs downtime between the two games.

They got a point from this game - not a complete loss for them.

In general, the team has been playing very well lately.
Nashville played, and won, the night before in Detroit. They had to travel, they were intense and they had less than 24 hours between games. The Sabres melted in the final 2 minutes of the game. That's terrible and inexcusable.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2011, 10:54 AM
There is no excuse for the loss yesterday. It was one of the worst I have seen in awhile.

G Wolly
03-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Now THIS is a loss I would agree with Op's *****ing.

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Agreed!

Ebenezer
03-21-2011, 02:11 PM
And yet he has been a little too silent.

G Wolly
03-21-2011, 02:17 PM

He must be prepping his anger if we lose tomorrow night.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
He was more angry over the 8-2 win!!!

THATHURMANATOR
03-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah OP have at it man!!! I will be right there with you.

Maybe it doesn't feel right for him if we agree with him.

Nighthawk
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't know how anybody can watch Vanek and call him lazy.

That is past idiotic.

I don't think Vanek is lazy, he just is not a great skater and is looks like it's laziness.

OpIv37
03-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Yeah OP have at it man!!! I will be right there with you.

Maybe it doesn't feel right for him if we agree with him.

nah I was just busy all day.

That game was ****ing ridiculous.

Literally, we needed two minutes of average hockey to win, and we couldn't ****ing get it. Once again, the Sabres thought they could play one strong period and spend 40 minutes skating around with their heads up their asses, and sure enough it didn't work.

OpIv37
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
He is not lazy.

Nor is "slightly above average".

Overpaid? Sure.

Just above average? No way,

Look at his goal numbers the past 5 years and compare it the rest of the league.

No way can anybody reasonably say slightly above average.

I am not sure what statement is more inaccurate - lazy or yours.

on a "cost per goal" basis he's pretty ****ing terrible.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 07:04 PM
on a "cost per goal" basis he's pretty ****ing terrible.
That was not what you said.

In fact, it is completely different.

I agreed he was/is overpaid.

But now you are making a 100% change on what you had said

OpIv37
03-21-2011, 07:06 PM
That was not what you said.

In fact, it is completely different.

I agreed he was/is overpaid.

But now you are making a 100% change on what you had said

this year he's doing ok on goals- Tied for 32nd in the league. Last year he was very average. On the whole, I think he's slightly above average. He's good on the PP and not bad in front of the net on even strength situations. But he doesn't create and can't do much in open ice.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2011, 07:10 PM
this year he's doing ok on goals- Tied for 32nd in the league. Last year he was very average. On the whole, I think he's slightly above average. He's good on the PP and not bad in front of the net on even strength situations. But he doesn't create and can't do much in open ice.
He was 34th in the league in goals last year.

How is 34th very average, but 32nd is not?

Ebenezer
03-21-2011, 10:12 PM
No excuses for his salary but it was set by Edmonton.

That being said, I will defend him in that he doesn't have a center. Hard to play wing and be effective in this league without a top center.

pcnorth22
03-22-2011, 03:28 PM
just talking about the OT goal... but that was classic Miller... overplaying... and coming out way too far... he's trying to cheat on those by cutting down the angle... which is great... but not when there's a guy on the doorstep...

regardless of a missed assignment there... if Miller is back in the net... the net isn't empty for Erat

G Wolly
03-22-2011, 04:48 PM
just talking about the OT goal... but that was classic Miller... overplaying... and coming out way too far... he's trying to cheat on those by cutting down the angle... which is great... but not when there's a guy on the doorstep...

regardless of a missed assignment there... if Miller is back in the net... the net isn't empty for Erat

I'm sure with most of the D-men playing in front of him he feels he has to pick up the slack and do more than he should which usually results in him being out of position by selling himself too soon.