• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Our defense is pathetic

Besides Myers and Leopold.. who else do we have?

I'd be completely fine with our forwards for next year, assuming we release neids, grier and connolly while filling in with a proving PP QB..

But our back end? Atrocious. A lot of their let downs have led to goals. Obviously, Miller should be able to save the majority of them but the odd man rushes happen far too often. We've allowed the most goals on the PP.. it's just embarrassing.

We are really suffering without Tallinder and Lydman.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • chernobylwraiths
    • Jan 2003

Re: Our defense is pathetic

Originally posted by JD
    Besides Myers and Leopold.. who else do we have?

I'd be completely fine with our forwards for next year, assuming we release neids, grier and connolly while filling in with a proving PP QB..

But our back end? Atrocious. A lot of their let downs have led to goals. Obviously, Miller should be able to save the majority of them but the odd man rushes happen far too often. We've allowed the most goals on the PP.. it's just embarrassing.

We are really suffering without Tallinder and Lydman.
    Leopold?! He is the worse defenseman we have. Defensively speaking.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
      Leopold?! He is the worse defenseman we have. Defensively speaking.
      ...and Myers was on the ice for each of the last three goals...they simply melted for no real reason today.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        ...and Myers was on the ice for each of the last three goals...they simply melted for no real reason today.
        I don't buy this melted for no reason bs.. I think the reason they melt when they have a lead is because they are told to protect, protect, protect.. WHICH WE CANNOT DO! Why not go for the throat with the three-goal lead? That's a Lindy issue right there.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD
          I don't buy this melted for no reason bs.. I think the reason they melt when they have a lead is because they are told to protect, protect, protect.. WHICH WE CANNOT DO! Why not go for the throat with the three-goal lead? That's a Lindy issue right there.
          The record proves you wrong. They were 31-0-0 in the regular season last year and are 19-2-3 this season when leading after two periods.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

The record proves you wrong. They were 31-0-0 in the regular season last year and are 19-2-3 this season when leading after two periods.
            Well, something is wrong. They have lost 7 2 goal leads this year according to WGR this morning tying for the most in the NHL. I wonder if that means losing 7 games after leading by 2 because I know they have lost 2 goal leads and still won, like in the Boston game recently.

Comment

• SabreEleven
              • Aug 2002

I blame Lecter's mom, it was her birthday.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Well, something is wrong. They have lost 7 2 goal leads this year according to WGR this morning tying for the most in the NHL. I wonder if that means losing 7 games after leading by 2 because I know they have lost 2 goal leads and still won, like in the Boston game recently.
                I'm saying I'm thrilled but JD makes it sound as if this team collapses all the time. That's just not true.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

I'm saying I'm thrilled but JD makes it sound as if this team collapses all the time. That's just not true.
                  True, but you know that is mostly about being young. Something either has to suck or it is the greatest. There is really no middle ground. As an old curmudgeon like yourself, I know virtually everything is middle ground.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

True, but you know that is mostly about being young. Something either has to suck or it is the greatest. There is really no middle ground. As an old curmudgeon like yourself, I know virtually everything is middle ground.
                    Actually, I typed that wrong...I am not thrilled that they have blown five games when leading....

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                      • Jan 2003

Actually, I typed that wrong...I am not thrilled that they have blown five games when leading....
                      I know you did. Wouldn't make any sense otherwise.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

I know you did. Wouldn't make any sense otherwise.
                        just clarifying for others.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍